UPDATED! This second printing of the Fantasy Craft core rulebook includes complete errata and clarifications, making it the definitive answer for anyone looking for a customizable high adventure roleplaying experience.
Your Dungeon, Your Dragon, Your Way
This is the time of high adventure - your adventure! Take charge of your gaming experience with simple yet powerful rules that let you craft any character, any monster, or any world you can imagine. Whether you like your fantasy bright or bleak, gritty or gonzo it's all here, supported with one of the most versatile RPG systems ever devised.
Imagination has a New Home
Versatile mix-and-match character creation
Revolutionary point-buy monster construction
Sleek, simple character-centric combat
Skill-driven spellcasting and world-driven miracles
Collaborative, dynamic storytelling rules
Fantasy Craft gets
Fantasy Craft getsback to why we love gaming: It's about the stakes, and raising them. It's about the odds, and beating them. It's about legends, and making them. It's about you.
Roll Your Dice Like a Hero Again!
- Official Release Preview: Fourteen full pages, including the table of contents and book introduction, sample Origins, a full class (the Courtier),, and the basics of Fantasy Craft's simple-yet-compehensive NPC/monster building system
- Ikosa Magazine (French): A brief overview of Fantasy Craft, the Mastercraft system, and Crafty Games
Play Samples and Practical Insight
- Life and Times of a Philippine Gamer: First impressions and practical game examples (sample characters, NPCs, and worlds, plus a visual guide to the descriptive armor rules)
- Uncle Bear: Chargen read-through and impressions
- DriveThruRPG: Several reviews and a mini-preview
- Allgeektout: Review by Aaron Broder (with a world-building example)
- Campaign Mastery: Review by Johnn
- Crazy Egor Troll: Review by Crazy Egor Troll
- Emerson's Bookshelf: Review by Robert N. Emerson
- EN World: Review by Pawsplay
- Fear the Boot: Review by Dan Repperger
- Flames Rising: Review by Spikexan
- Game Cryer: Review by Chris Perrin
- Game Geeks: Video review by Kurt Wiegel
- Geek Do: Review by Captain Cutlass
- Gnome Stew: Review by Walt Ciechanowski
- Guide du Roliste Galactique (French): Review by Aegis
- Nothing Gained: Review by Paul (who also wrote this Working with the NPC System article)
- Pen & Paper Games: Review by Farcaster (Robert Howard)
- Pen & Paper Games: Review by korhal23
- Questing GM: Review by Questing GM
- Robot Viking: Review by Joe Grabianowski
- Roll the Bones: Review by Bernard Cana
- RPGamer/Saving Throw: Review by Martin Drury (check out the follow-up Q&A here)
- RPG.net: Review by Ludomastro
- RPG Resource: Review by Megan Robertson
- Secret Identity Podcast: Review by Max Saltonstall
- Spooky Outhouse Forum: Review by Masked Brute
- Stargazer's World: Review by Michael Wolf
- UK Roleplayers: Review by Dave McAlister
- The Unsolicited Sage: Review by Michael McNerney
- YouTube: Review by Tetsubo
Listen to the Atomic Array Podcast!
Every Hero Needs a Good Companion
Frodo had Sam and Conan had Subotai, but neither of them had this ultimate companion. Whether you’re battling demons in the harsh and savage land of Epoch, exploring the mysterious ruins and rivers of Sunchaser, engaged in high stakes fantasy intrigue and espionage in Cloak & Dagger, or just looking for some new ways to shine in any world you visit, consider this invaluable tome your guide to victory.
Find Your Hero’s Path
- Three fully detailed campaign worlds
- 12 Base, Expert, and Master Classes
- Over 150 Specialties, feats, tricks, and Paths
- A universe of gaming possibilities!
The Adventure Companion is an essential addition to every player and GM’s Fantasy Craft library, offering all the tools, tricks, and talent to face down whatever the opposition throws at you — and come out on top.
Don't Leave Home Without It
PDF: This file is layered so you can turn the page frames, interior art, and maps, off when printing.
BONUS! This PDF contains an extra page of material cut from the print release!
Soundscapes! We've partnered with Sonic Legends to create original, loopable blends of orchestral music and sound effects - just for the Adventure Companion!
- Cloak & Dagger: Empirial Citizens (also available in this discounted bundle)
- Cloak & Dagger: Empiria (also available in this discounted bundle)
- Cloak & Dagger: Trouble in the Empire (also available in this discounted bundle)
- Epoch: Children of the Dawn (also available in this discounted bundle)
- Epoch: Keepers of the Gate (also available in this discounted bundle)
- Epoch: The Old Ways (also available in this discounted bundle)
- Sunchaser soundscapes coming Monday, November 22!
- Official Release Preview: Fifteen pages showcasing excerpts from the Regent class, new Species feats, and all three settings, including three beautiful maps by Jared Blando, Epoch art from Joseph Caesar Domingo, and Sunchaser art from the illustrious Ben McSweeney.
- Life and Times of a Philippine Gamer: Review of Chapter 1 (Cloak & Dagger) by Jay Steven Anyong
- Life and Times of a Philippine Gamer: Review of Chapter 2 (Epoch) by Jay Steven Anyong
- Life and Times of a Philippine Gamer: Review of Chapter 3 (Sunchaser) by Jay Steven Anyong
- Life and Times of a Philippine Gamer: Review of Chapter 4 (A Hero's Journey) by Jay Steven Anyong
- RPG Circus: Review by Jeff Uurtamo
- Stargazer's World: Review by Michael Wolf
This is the Time of High Adventure...
Whether racing to contain a plague of inhuman proportions, quashing a cult dedicated to one of the oldest horrors in the known world, or delving into one of the most twisted dungeons ever devised, this is indeed the time of high adventure, when heroes rise, villains fall, the dead walk, and pech sell tickets!
Embrace the Days of Peril and Plunder
- Three adventures playable by parties of any level
- The Realm, a plug-and-play campaign setting
- Decorative and print-ready maps and handouts
- Stat sheets to prep NPCs and adversaries in minutes
- Sessions and sessions of gaming goodness!
Time of High Adventure brings back the old-school excitement of classic fantasy modules, thrusting you into a land of turmoil and danger, a land begging for champions and a return to the glory of old.
Your Legend Shall be Chronicled
PDF: This file is layered so you can turn the page frames, maps, handouts, and stat sheets off when printing.
Soundscapes! We've partnered with Sonic Legends to create original, loopable blends of orchestral music and sound effects - just for The Cleansing of Black Spur!
- Attack of the Wyvern (also available in this discounted bundle)
- Goblin Encampment (also available in this discounted bundle)
- Pader Augustus' Plea (also available in this discounted bundle)
- The Ruins of Black Spur Keep (also available in this discounted bundle)
- Achela's Ritual (also available in this discounted bundle)
- The Reaper (also available in this discounted bundle)
Terrain! Visit Fat Dragon Games for awesome terrain to round out your adventuring experience...
- Roll the Bones: Review by Bernard Cana
Get ready for the ultimate magical toolkit! Spellbound is your definitive answer for all things arcane in Fantasy Craft, bringing every spell and character option together in one indispensable volume. This massive volume contains a grimoire of nearly 900 spells, 20 original classes for career casters, specialists, and dabblers alike; dozens of player options covering everything from familiars to ritual casting and beyond; and all the guidance and campaign support GMs will ever need. Whether you want spellcasting rare or ubiquitous, subtle or realm-shattering, it’s all right here.
A crossroads in the Realm, Fels Cut is no stranger to adventure, though it's rarely seen any of its own. Visitors pass through from far and wide, bringing tales of the fantastic and bizarre, yet all is quiet here. Until now. This night, the valley falls to nightmare and by dawn, all will know its name.
The Darkest Hour is a full-length Fantasy Craft adventure for a party of any composition. Sliding DCs and adversaries scale to challenge any level, allowing you to run the adventure for new or veteran characters.
Includes two maps, four handouts, and three all-new adversaries, and layers so you can turn the cover, page frames, handouts, and maps off when printing. Stat sheets are also included so you can quickly and easily prep and run NPCs and monsters.
All roads may lead to Valespire but none visit Black Spur. Indeed, all but one were built miles around it, isolating the area by High Church decree. The tellers speak of the Spur's evil but never its history, which was scoured from the great scrolls and forbidden to the people of the Realm. What terrible secrets are sealed there, and why has the Church suddenly taken new interest?
The Cleansing of Black Spur is a full-length Fantasy Craft adventure for a party of any composition. Sliding DCs and adversaries scale to challenge any level, allowing you to run the adventure for new or veteran characters.
Soundscapes! Our friends at Sonic Legends have composed six original soundscapes for this adventure, each a loopable blend of orchestral music and sound effects. Visit their website to pick them up today! UPDATE! Sonic Legends has set up a discounted bundle so you can pick up all six soundscapes for only $15.00!
Terrain Bundles! We've also partnered with Fat Dragon Games to bring you three discounted bundles containing this adventure and terrain that's a perfect fit!
- Cleansing of Black Spur + EZ Dungeons: Borderland Keep
- Cleansing of Black Spur + EZ Dungeons: Deluxe Edition
- Cleansing of Black Spur + EZ Dungeons: Borderland Keep + EZ Dungeons: Deluxe Edition
Includes an original map and handout, plus layers so you can turn the cover, page frames, handouts, and maps off when printing. Stat sheets are also included so you can quickly and easily prep and run NPCs and monsters.
- Robot Viking: Review by Ed Grabianowski