Back to Basics
You've explored the world of high adventure and espionage. Now it's time to get back to basics.
Back to Basics is a “drag-and-drop” modification that replaces Spycraft 2.0’s base classes with basic classes, six new 20-level classes based on the Modern SRD, each of which corresponds to one of the 6 attribute types — the Strong Hero, the Fast Hero, the Tough Hero, the Smart Hero, the Dedicated Hero, and the Charismatic Hero. These rules present an alternate class format and a looser class structure for the Spycraft system, allowing players greater control over their character’s abilities and progression and expanding upon the format begun in the Modern System Reference Document (SRD).
What’s Different from the Modern SRD?
Though Spycraft basic classes are founded upon the Modern SRD, they vary from the material in that document in several ways, including:
- Core Abilities! Basic classes offer core abilities at their first level, just like standard Spycraft characters.
- More Levels! Basic classes feature 20 levels instead of 10, allowing characters to pursue a single class path his entire career.
- More Abilities! Basic classes gain a class benefit at every level, granting characters a bonus for achieving each level in every class.
- More Options! Back to Basics characters may choose from 40 “knack trees” — more than twice the options presented in the Modern SRD. Nearly half of these knacks are available to more than one class, offering players many more ways to hone their character concepts in play.
- New Options! Many knack trees found in Back to Basics present entirely new options and ability styles, rather than rehashing the talent trees of the Modern SRD in a different format. Players familiar with both Modern SRD games and Spycraft will find that this modification offers a host of new play options and game ideas.
Back to Basics is the first product in Crafty Games' Toolkit line of products for Spycraft 2.0. This .zip file includes both a full-color screen version with art, and a printer-friendly version.