The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc (“Wizards”). All Rights Reserved.
1. Definitions: (a) “Contributors” means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content; (b) “Derivative Material” means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) “Distribute” means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d) “Open Game Content” means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity. (e) “Product Identity” means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures, characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) “Trademark” means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g) “Use”, “Used” or “Using” means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h) “You” or “Your” means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3. Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5. Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6. Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder’s name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Open Game License v1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc. System Rules Document Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, based on original material by E. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. Spycraft 2.0 Rulebook: First Printing, Copyright 2005, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Alexander Flagg, Scott Gearin, and Patrick Kapera. Spycraft 2.0 Rulebook: Second Printing, Copyright 2007, Crafty Games, LLC; Authors Alexander Flagg, Scott Gearin, and Patrick Kapera. World on Fire Toolkit Setting, Copyright 2007, Crafty Games, LLC; Authors Alexander Flagg, Scott Gearin, and Patrick Kapera. Spycraft Espionage Handbook Copyright 2002, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Patrick Kapera and Kevin Wilson. Spycraft 1960s Decade Book Copyright 2003, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Robert J. Defendi, B.D. Flory, Scott Gearin, Clayton A. Oliver. Spycraft Agency Copyright 2004, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Steve Crow, Alexander Flagg, B.D. Flory, Clayton A. Oliver, Steven Peterson. Spycraft Battlegrounds Copyright 2005, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Andy C. Davis, Alexander Flagg, Clayton A. Oliver, Jason Olsan, Patrick Parrish. Spycraft Mastermind Guide Copyright 2004, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Steve Crow, Alexander Flagg, B.D. Flory, Clayton A. Oliver. Spycraft U.S. Militaries Guide Copyright 2004, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Dave McAlister, Clayton A. Oliver, Patrick Kapera. Spycraft World Militaries Guide Copyright 2004, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Dave McAlister, Clayton A. Oliver, Patrick Kapera. Spycraft Modern Arms Guide Copyright 2002, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Chad Brunner, Tim D’Allaird, Rob Dake, Michael Fish, Scott Gearin, Owen Hershey, Patrick Kapera, Michael Petrovich, Jim Wardrip, Stephen Wilcoxon. Spycraft Faceman/Snoop Class Guide Copyright 2003, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Alexander Flagg, Clayton A. Oliver. Spycraft Fixer/Pointman Class Guide Copyright 2003, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Scott Gearin. Spycraft Soldier/Wheelman Class Guide Copyright 2003, Alderac Entertainment Group, Inc.; Authors Chad Brunner, Shawn Carman, B.D. Flory, Scott Gearin, Patrick Kapera.
Open Game Content
This release of website is published under version 1.0a of the Open Game License and the draft version of the d20 System Trademark License, d20 System Trademark Logo Guide and System Reference Document by permission of Wizards of the Coast. Subsequent releases of this document will incorporate final versions of the license, guide and document.
Crafty Games’ intention is to open up as much of this website’s mechanical content as possible to be used as Open Game Content (OGC), while maintaining Product Identity (PI) to all aspects of the Spycraft intellectual property. Publishers who wish to use the OGC materials from this website are encouraged to contact us through our Contacts page if they have any questions or concerns about reproducing material from this document in other OGL works. Crafty Games would appreciate anyone using OGC material from this website in other OGL works to kindly reference the Crafty Games website, including its URL, as the source of that material within the text of their work. Open Game Content may only be used under and in accordance with the terms of the OGL as fully set forth in the opposite column.
DESIGNATION OF PRODUCT IDENTITY: The following items are hereby designated as Product Identity in accordance with section 1(e) of the Open Game License, version 1.0a: Any and all Spycraft logos and identifying marks and trade dress, including all Spycraft product and product line names including but not limited to The Spycraft 2.0 Rulebook, Bag Full of Guns, The Big Score, Class Confidential, The Crucible, Farthest Star, Flags, Origin of the Species, Phat Loot, Shatterpunk, Ten Thousand Bullets, the Toolkit series, World on Fire, The Spycraft Espionage Handbook, Control Screen, Agency Guide, Battlegrounds Sourcebook, Mastermind Guide, Modern Arms Guide, Faceman/Snoop Class Guide, Fixer/Pointman Class Guide, Soldier/Wheelman Class Guide, Season Book #1: Gentleman’s Agreement and all subsequent Season Books, 1960s Decade Book and all subsequent Decade Books, The Shadowforce Archer Worldbook, The African Alliance Chamber Book, The Archer Foundation Chamber Book, The Company Chamber Book, The European Commonwealth Chamber Book, The Guardians of the Whispering Knife Chamber Book, The Pan-Asian Collective Chamber Book, The Room 39 Chamber Book, The Russian Confederacy Chamber Book, and all subsequent Chamber Books, The Hand of Glory Threat Book, The P.E.R.I.L. Threat Book, The Shop Threat Book, and all subsequent Threat Books, website support materials (including, but not limited to, all free game support items such as Living Spycraft. Shadowforce Archer, and other setting missions and the Errata and Master Rules Documents), and all Spycraft logos; any elements of any Spycraft setting, including but not limited to capitalized names, organization names, Faction names, project names, code names, characters, gadgets, historic events, and organizations; any and all stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, documents within the game world, quotes from characters or documents, and dialogue; and all artwork, logos, symbols, designs, depictions, illustrations, maps and cartography, likenesses, and poses, except such elements that already appear in the d20 System Reference Document and are already OGC by virtue of appearing there. The above Product Identity is not Open Game Content.
DESIGNATION OF OPEN CONTENT: Subject to the Product Identity designation above, any rules and mechanical data not specifically flagged as Product Identity is designated as Open Game Content.
USE OF MATERIAL AS OPEN GAME CONTENT: It is the clear and expressed intent of Crafty Games to add all classes, skills, feats, gear, and NPC statistics contained in this website to the canon of Open Game Content for free use pursuant to the Open Game License by future Open Game publishers.
Some of the portions of this release which are delineated OGC originate from the System Reference Document and are © 1999, 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. The remainder of these OGC portions of this website are hereby added to Open Game Content and if so used, should bear the COPYRIGHT NOTICE: “Spycraft Copyright 2007, Crafty Games.”
The mention of or reference to any company or product in these pages is not a challenge to the trademark or copyright concerned.
‘d20 System’ and the ‘d20 System’ logo are Trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast and are used according to the terms of the d20 System License version 1.0a. A copy of this License can be found at www.wizards.com.
Dungeons & Dragons® and Wizards of the Coast® are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, and are used with permission.
All contents of this release, regardless of designation, are copyrighted year 2007 by Crafty Games. All rights reserved. Reproduction or use without the written permission of the publisher is expressly forbidden, except for the purposes of review of use consistent with the limited license above.