Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 06:03:04 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Fiction and Story Hour
| | |-+  The Big Hit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Big Hit  (Read 1355 times)
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2008, 04:57:02 AM »

In the last few months i managed to make big fans of SC of 3 friends of mine. Now they are using the system for their own settings and for one of the games we started at level 10.That us take a closer look to a lot of things i had overlooked, mainly because i always start at level 1 and this year i only played once (one year in another country makes that usual...)

The fact is that we made a few experiments (that i will save for another post) that made us decide to start a new campaign specifically designed so that we, the GM, could get a total grip of the system, and the combat mainly.

So we made very archetypical PCs (huge russian soldier/grunt, a gun crazy soldier and a sword slasher martial artist) and decided to make them hitmen. The stories would take all the topics of the big brainless action movies, with lots of guns, strange villains and action to no end.

I think it would help us to be more confident in our knowledge of the system in our respective games. and hell, have a lot of fun menawhile...

Tonight we played the first short mission/scene. I will make a few notes about each game, if real life doesnt get in the way...

THE BIG HIT
Chapter 1: The Job

We're hired by an old contact to kill an Ukranian mafia boss, with a very impressive array, in order to make an example of him.
After a little telephonic bluff, we get the name of the caterer for a big party the objective is celebrating in honor of her daugther 18 birthday.
First thing, we try to get some extra equipment, but our contact can get any thing very flashy in the short time we gave to him (only 2 days before the big party)
The day of the party we intercept one of the deliveries van supossed to get all the food to the party, that's celebrated in the target's private house. The house is full of guards and hitmen protecting him, but we manage to go undetected until the moment in which the Gun Crazy Soldier gets close to the target and shot him right on the head (god save the threats).
After that the big combat begins. The gun crazy soldier kills all 4 main bodyguards of the target.
The Huge russian kills a few more minions, and tries to kill the daugter before finding a perfect match for him, a big Russian brawler big as an elephant. The brawler almost kills the Huge Russian with his bare fist, unarmed combat only (for the record, it was a fakle blonde russian with a shirt with white and red stripes, ring any bell?)
Meanwhile, the martial artist kills a few more minion (sorry, i have to check what did the PC do after that...)

After killing finally the Russian Brawler, we managed to run away, with one of the PC very badly wounded... but we got the money and finished our first BIG HIT...

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:32:50 PM by Aldus Vertten » Logged

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Aldus Vertten
Handler

Los Otros Planes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 05:42:01 AM »

quick update. I just received an email of something the GM forgot to tell us in the game.

The name of the Ukranian Mafia boss was Yuri Orlov, he was married to a greek woman, and had a beloved daugther whose new reason to live is revenge, apparently. What he "forgot" to tell us was the name of the daughter... Elektra Orlov...

this is going to hurt... Undecided

"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: