Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 04:20:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Adventures and "missions"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adventures and "missions"?  (Read 1189 times)
Ferretz
Agent

The ferrets are restless!

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »

Ok, I'm curious about this in Fantasy Craft: Will there be "missions" like in Spycraft 2.0, or will there be a different system for creating adventures?

Also, when it comes to monsters, I'm curious if the rules will use a scaleable NPC system. Is the "big nasty dragon in the mountain cave" scaled to characters of every level, or will it be set on a certain threat level?

Maybe some of the designers could tell us a little about these things? Cheesy

Cheers,

Eirik

"So far the shock of finding a disembodied, screaming head in a box, causes a greater response." -Result of Brainiac science experiment.
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:20:03 AM »

The Mission question I'm not sure on, but I imagine it'd be pretty much the same structure, though FantasyCraft will use a Cash and Carry gear system making "missions" slightly less important except for "N times per mission" class abilities and feats.

Answered elsewhere on this forum, the default is to use the scaleable NPC system; so as the PCs get tougher, so does the dragon. Of course, if you want to set it at a specific threat level feel free.

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

Your game room, kid-friendly again

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »

The Mission question I'm not sure on, but I imagine it'd be pretty much the same structure, though FantasyCraft will use a Cash and Carry gear system making "missions" slightly less important except for "N times per mission" class abilities and feats.

The structure will remain, though as Agent 333 says mainly for character ability balance. You could pretty easily fade everything else into the background so you're left with a lean, unbroken narrative. We'll probably include some guidelines for this, though it's a little early to say for sure.

Answered elsewhere on this forum, the default is to use the scaleable NPC system; so as the PCs get tougher, so does the dragon. Of course, if you want to set it at a specific threat level feel free.

There will be campaign qualities allowing static, non-scaling monsters.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Ferretz
Agent

The ferrets are restless!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »

Nice! That is what I wanted to hear! Cheesy

E.

"So far the shock of finding a disembodied, screaming head in a box, causes a greater response." -Result of Brainiac science experiment.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 02:36:40 PM »

The structure will remain, though as Agent 333 says mainly for character ability balance. You could pretty easily fade everything else into the background so you're left with a lean, unbroken narrative. We'll probably include some guidelines for this, though it's a little early to say for sure.

As a note and minor suggestion, I kind of like leaving the definition of a mission in FC nebulous and somewhat literary the way they implicitly are in SC and the way a scene's unity of time and place are explicitly left up the GC's needs. Lets me decide one night at a gala is a mission or a three month voyage across caelum incognito is one.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

Your game room, kid-friendly again

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:40:25 PM »

As a note and minor suggestion, I kind of like leaving the definition of a mission in FC nebulous and somewhat literary the way they implicitly are in SC and the way a scene's unity of time and place are explicitly left up the GC's needs. Lets me decide one night at a gala is a mission or a three month voyage across caelum incognito is one.

Oh yeah. That won't change. Why place extra limits on the system? Wink

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games

In game terms, reality is broken.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »