Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 07:02:00 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Customer Service
| | |-+  Possibly Easy Product
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possibly Easy Product  (Read 597 times)
Darth Sephiroth
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2013, 01:19:39 AM »

I've been getting back into things with a new group forming after a few years, and since I've already got the main 2.0 book and World on Fire, I'd decided on going with that considering the last spycraft group I'd had refused to have anything to do with it and would walk out if it wasn't Classic (Though I did have a short lived campaign with a few other friends), so now I can actually use those.

Thing is that while I was looking through all of the products, I'm kind of disappointed that pretty much everything is PDF only. Some of it I can understand such as the D20 Modern conversion one, but at the same time, well, I'm the only one in the group with a laptop and I'm not really wanting to print everything out only to end up with lost or damaged pages after my players get through things.

And that leads to the suggestion after another player in a D&D game I've been in brought his copy of the Dragon Compendium.

The basic suggestion is to have a print on demand book that basically combines the PDFs into another hardback that matches the existing two.

For the most part, it doesn't seem like it would even be that difficult to do. Even with each as a separate chapter, though a few bits of reorganization would make things easier. Perhaps even add in some of the magazine article stuff as well.

It wouldn't require much, if any new material, just a bit of formatting and would make a lot of the stuff more accessible. I've preferred having access to everything that the players might have in order to let them both have capable challenges, something that seems like it would be extremely difficult with all the various available class pdfs, not to mention weapons and even racial options, as well as letting me tailor missions better for them.

It also means that it would be easier to pass around without a ton of added effort on other players, or force multiple purchases of small bits and pieces when the whole thing  is available in one place while not preventing anyone with more o a desire for specific parts to be able to have them

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:47:13 AM »

We did a couple compilations of Spycraft 2.0 digitals back in the Mongoose days. They didn't do so well on the market, unfortunately.

Maybe we'll find the the time to eventually set them up through DriveThru's POD program but I have to admit, it's not a high priority just now, and probably won't be anytime soon. This is, after all, a near-legacy game line we're talking about.

The Fantasy Craft and other stuff... We like to keep the purely digital releases in that space until we find a natural home for them in a print book. Sometimes that happens sooner than others.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Darth Sephiroth
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 06:29:21 PM »

The POD one would be good, it just tends to be easier when away from easy computer access and not needing to keep the pages together/in order to keep track of everything.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: