Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 04:29:25 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  "It's the End of the World as We Know It..."
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "It's the End of the World as We Know It..."  (Read 2554 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

We have all the time in the world.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2007, 12:50:53 PM »

Meanwhile, over on www.warrenellis.com...

"Searches for the term “end of the world” on Jamais Cascio’s OPEN THE FUTURE have gone up eightfold in the last couple of months."

Smashing. I still got my lawn chairs and ice tea. You're all welcome on my roof when the firestorm arrives.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 03:21:12 PM by Crafty_Pat » Logged

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 05:09:07 PM »

And I feel fine...

I have a friend that can sing that whole song at speed without missing a word. Of course, being on key is slightly harder for him, but it's still fairly impressive.

Everyone knows that the End of the World won't happen till 2012 anyway, so what's the hubub?  Tongue

When all your problems are nails, all your tools start looking like hammers.
VisualStatic
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:44:24 AM »

The paranoia has to build, that's only 4 short years away.

--
Heroes don't die, they just reload.
--
A Master of the Dark Arts of System Administration.
Ezram
Handler

Ready, Steady, Go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 07:54:40 PM »

Is it really wise to dwell on such things like when the apocalypse might occur? Best to concern yourself with things that you can change, rather than what you can't change.  Cool

Take comfort in knowing you never had a choice.
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 09:46:37 PM »

And I feel fine...

I have a friend that can sing that whole song at speed without missing a word. Of course, being on key is slightly harder for him, but it's still fairly impressive.

Everyone knows that the End of the World won't happen till 2012 anyway, so what's the hubub?  Tongue
Considering that the Mayan calendar had already ended several times before they made one that ran 'all the way' to 2012, I have my doubts about the end of the world - they believed in a world that was destroyed and renewed in such a way as to make no never mind....

The Auld Grump

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 02:06:26 AM »

Auld, it was a joke. I don't honestly believe that since the Mayan calandar is ending the world will too. Though a couple friends of mine decided that if they're still going out they're getting married the day the world's supposed to end, just for kicks.

glimmerrat
Control

Iconoclast

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 02:41:03 AM »

The Mayan calender is inaccurate anyway. The date was pushed back by several hours for every live sacrifice made. And they made a LOT of sacrifices.

VAO Control; Crafty Freelancer; Freethinker

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 04:13:37 AM »

Auld, it was a joke. I don't honestly believe that since the Mayan calandar is ending the world will too. Though a couple friends of mine decided that if they're still going out they're getting married the day the world's supposed to end, just for kicks.
Sorry, I have met too many, ummm, idiots is the only good term for it, who really do believe in it. Millennial doom mongering with a new age twist. They quite spoiled my sense of humor about it.  Undecided

I find such nonsense useful for RPGs though, so I really should not complain.

The Auld Grump, who believes that it is better to light a single candle and to curse the darkness....

Agent 333
Control

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 09:42:16 PM »

Razzin frazzin darkness...

I am no doom monger. Honestly, there's no point in it. If the world ends, nobody will notice, because we'll all be dead. So why bother worrying?

Slippery_jim_digris
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 11:15:22 PM »

My freind decided to get married the day after. That way if the end does come...

Anyway I get to precide as one of my nicknames is the Reverend. They are doing it medievel and I get to where medievel bishop robes!!!!!!!

The Right Reverend James Bolivar Digris

Dance like it hurts. Make love like you need the money. Work while people are watching.
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 11:40:27 PM »

Y'know, I've lived through Y2K, numerous All Blacks World Cup losses and any number of other possible end of the world predictions. I'm pretty sure I'll live to see 2013.

That said, I have always wanted to go to Central America. Maybe some additional sacrifices might help, y'know, just in case...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 11:42:16 PM by Wolverine » Logged

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Nepenthe
Control

High Priest of the Cult of Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 11:51:07 PM »

That said, I have always wanted to go to Central America. Maybe some additional sacrifices might help, y'know, just in case...

You volunteering as one?  Shocked

Wink

Reapercussions
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 05:42:21 AM »

You volunteering as one?  Shocked

No, but I performed enough disections in high school and uni to be able to make them. No, where did I put that feathered head-dress...?

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Merxiless
Jr. Agent

Control - Joint Operations Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 07:29:46 PM »

Safe enough to say we have a few billion years till the sun goes red giant.

Control - Joint Operations Group
TheAuldGrump
Control

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 11:40:15 PM »

Razzin frazzin darkness...

I am no doom monger. Honestly, there's no point in it. If the world ends, nobody will notice, because we'll all be dead. So why bother worrying?
No, my fault - my apology did not sound like one I guess. I had just had a discussion with one of the people who really do believe in it a day or so before posting. SO I was primed. Sorry about that.

Now Armageddon, there's something to enjoy.... How many battles have already taken place there?

The Auld Grump

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: