Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 08:50:05 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Customer Service
| | |-+  a bit dissapointed about the SP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a bit dissapointed about the SP  (Read 9800 times)
Ezram
Handler

Ready, Steady, Go

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2008, 01:35:50 AM »

Don Quixote...a man with the Delusion subplot.  Wink

Take comfort in knowing you never had a choice.
Ezram
Handler

Ready, Steady, Go

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2008, 03:29:16 AM »

Edit -> By the way, that psychoanalysis was pretty poor.

Take comfort in knowing you never had a choice.
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2008, 10:07:39 AM »

Edit -> By the way, that psychoanalysis was pretty poor.

Not really.

Quixote is pretty much a textbook example of delusions and displays a number of elements of paranoid schizophrenia.

Quote from: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
A false belief based on incorrect inference about external reality that is firmly sustained despite what almost everybody else believes and despite what constitutes incontrovertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary. The belief is not one ordinarily accepted by other members of the person's culture or subculture (e.g., it is not an article of religious faith).

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
TheAuldGrump
Control

Because The Cat Told Me To...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2008, 10:55:25 PM »

Finally got my copy today. My only real gripe has to do with the binding - that on the older tome is much more solid, a good sewn saddle stitch binding. (How AEG managed to pay for it....?)

The new one is not as robust, more likely to wear out with use, especially on a hefty book like this. I may need to seek out a bindery, and have a new binding put in - keeping the covers, but going for cloth over paper. On the other hand, the sucker is 'uge! Even thicker than the first printing.

Should you ever go the 'Super-Duper Exclusive Color Edition That Only Hardcore Fans Will Buy' you might be well served to upgrade the binding as well.

I am glad to have this one, but I will be keeping the older copies as my 'kick around' books - the ones that players get to use, and that travel with me when I want to work on game stuff away from home. They are more durable, and since one has already suffered damage I will not be heart broken when it finally fails. And, of course, I am happy to have this see print. It has been a long, trouble filled, road.

The Auld Grump, who has forgotten a lot of the proper terms for the binding processes.... It has been almost thirty years....

I don't know how the story ends...
But I do know what happens next.
Maldroth
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2008, 04:29:55 PM »

Suffice to say, as Mongoose is our printer, we can't really "make any changes" to thier process - that's out of our auspices. However, part of the reason SP and WOF were delayed was because we did make a number of requests, mainly about the binding, that took a few months to resolve. If you take the Pepsi Challenge with our print books (at least the ones I've seen) and other Flaming Cobra products, you'll see our books have had no cover warpage, because of heavier stock; no spine breakage; and excepting Nez, one deaths in the field. Compared to the books like Nephilim and apparenlty some copies of Cthulhutech (though mine is great), it is a damn sturdy book. Mongoose is definately improving their printing processes, as is evidenced with their more recent products like Conan 2e. Rest assured, we will continue to vet all our print books in the same manner as they continue to work out the kinks - the utility and durability for customers is our first concern.

BUT! I totally respect your decision if you choose to go the PDF route - for us, it's basically the same as selling a print book, and there are certainly no binding issues Wink

Thanks for your continued support, Portal - this has been an interesting discussion.

Alex not sure if you guys are still watching this thread but our local game shop just managed to get a copy of the SP in with my WoF order and the cover straight out of the box is suffering from the infamous "Cover Warpage" AND the back of the binding was unglued. Cover was made of the same flimbsy material their other products were. The store owner is rather worried if it will sell due to its rough shape already and the high price point. Would be another story if the book actually arrived in good condition.

Layout in and of itself looks great in B/W and I'm satified with the change. The tables ARE easier to read at a glance.

Biggest issue still seems to be binding. Came from the Alliance distributor.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »

Thanks for letting us know. The store owner should drop Mongoose a line. They'll replace the copy.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Maldroth
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2008, 05:29:36 PM »

Thanks for letting us know. The store owner should drop Mongoose a line. They'll replace the copy.

Thanks Pat I'll make sure to let them know they have the option any e-mail in perticular they should use?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »

Thanks Pat I'll make sure to let them know they have the option any e-mail in perticular they should use?

sales@mongoosepublishing.com

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Portal
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2008, 07:12:25 PM »

Guys, with Black Industries announcing just prior to the official Dark Heresy release their bizarre business decision to terminate all their RPG lines come Sept. "in order to focus on their novel business", any comparison of Crafty to BI was completely unjustified and undeserved.

My sincere apologies to Crafty for my previous comments. Keep producing good game designs. Smiley
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2008, 07:34:32 PM »

My sincere apologies to Crafty for my previous comments. Keep producing good game designs. Smiley

Thanks! We think we shall. Smiley

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

stu2000
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2008, 08:06:24 PM »

Thanks for the address at Mongoose. I had e-mailed Matt S directly. The sales address might be better. My binding also completely failed.  Sad
Love the book, though.

N.Solo: Are you free?
I.Kuriakin: No man is free who has to work for a living. But I am available.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: