Author Topic: Silvercat's Collected Rules Creations  (Read 4337 times)

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
Silvercat's Collected Rules Creations
« on: April 20, 2016, 06:17:24 AM »
I have houserules and other creations.  I'm sure everyone does.  Rather than clutter up another thread -- such as The Surface -- with them I'm going to collect all of mine here.

Index

Defeat and Healing for the Squeamish and Cartoonish
New Campaign Qualities
New Species Traits
Fantastic Beast Species
Fantastic Folk (and others) Species
New Talents
New Species Feats
Species Feat Changes and Additions
New and Changed Specialties and Class Changes
New and Changed Feats
Foes
New and Changed Paths
Random Generation: Species
Random Generation: Species Feats
Random Generation: Specialties and Classes
Ponies
Talking Animal Species
Talking Animal Species Feats
Talking Animal Rogue Templates

Expanded Bestiary
Dinosaurs
Marine
Herd Animals
Ferocious Herbivores
Reptiles and Amphibians
Mammalian Predators
Fliers
Small Mammals
Giant Bugs
Animal Partners by Additional Feats Needed
Alternative Elementals: Ice
Alternative Elementals: Lightening
Alternative Elementals: Wood
Alternative Elementals: Bone
Alternative Elementals: Metal
Alternative Elementals: Templates (Magma, Entropy, Living Metal)
Elemental Templates
True XP Costs of Summoned Creatures
Familiars by Additional Feats Needed
Undead without the Grave
Animate Plant (Spellbound Fan Summons)
Animate Object (Spellbound Fan Summons)
Construct Assembly (Spellbound Fan Summons)
Polymorph Other (Spellbound Fan Summons)
Prying Eye (Spellbound Fan Summons)
Summon Spirits (Spellbound Fan Summons)
Summon Legion (Spellbound Fan Summons)
Tree Staff (Spellbound Fan Summons)
NPCs by "Challenge Rating"
Personal Lieutenants by Additional Feats Needed
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:19:50 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
Re: Silvercat's Collected Rules Creations
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 06:19:47 AM »
Defeat and Healing for the Squeamish and Cartoonish

"Don't worry: no one dies in this game, they just get really big boo-boos."

Thoughts of gore and death make me bummed.  Thoughts of punching bad guys do not.  Therefore these rules invokes Standards & Practices and says that no one dies unless it's either super-important or the audience doesn't really care about them.  Also injuries are rarely gory and/or long-lasting.

Of course to encourage the PCs to not want to off them the bad guys should rarely be the blood-thirsty murderous type.

Campaign Qualities:
Moral Guardians: There is no such thing as "lethal" damage, it's all just scenery destruction and knocks on the head.  Characters are automatically "defeated" at 0 Wounds and their opponent gets to determine what happens to them.  Cheating Death allows the character controller to determine: no voting or rolling necessary (though you may do so if you wish).  Replace Grave Wound on Table of Ouch with "Reroll twice and apply both results."
--Advanced Version: Characters automatically stabilize at reaching negative Wounds, though further Wounds are applied up to -25.  Characters heal 1 negative Wound per hour, regaining consciousness at 0.
Ridiculous Healing: We can't waste time showing characters heal.  Special characters heal half maximum Vitality at the end of every scene, 1 Wound per hour of rest, and heal Critical Injuries in 1d4 days.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:07:26 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 08:00:59 AM »
New Campaign Qualities

* Force of Personality, Eye for Business (Permanent): Charisma modifier is added to Will instead of Wisdom.  Wisdom modifier is added to Lifestyle instead of Charisma.

* Force of Personality, Eye is Still Quicker (Permanent): Charisma modifier is added to Will instead of Wisdom.  Wisdom modifier is added to Initiative and Defense (against ranged attacks) instead of Dexterity.

* Ridiculous Healing (Permanent): Special characters heal half maximum Vitality at the end of every scene, 1 Wound per hour of rest, and heal Critical Injuries in 1d4 days.

* Quick Combat (Permanent): Class Vitality bonus decreases by 1/3rd.  Special character NPCs instead use damage saves, with a failed save causing fatigue and shifting further damage to Wounds.

* Auto-Renown (Permanent): Instead of spending Reputation to gain Renown you automatically are considered to have a point of Renown for every 30 points of Rep you've ever earned, known as your Total Reputation.  Loosing Rep from violating a Code of Coduct or other negative behavior subtracts from this count (which can reduce your Renown), but spending Rep does not.  Specialty traits that reduce Rep needed for Renown reduce the amount of Total Rep needed for that track, but you must choose how to divide up your Total Rep among different Renown types.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:07:42 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 08:03:19 AM »
New Species Traits

* Limited Dexterity (1 point, Beast only) -- Your mouth or other appropriate body part counts as once hand for the purpose of handling items and wielding weapons.  You may wield non-reach two-handed weapons in this body part if you have Strength 15.  If you also use your front appendages you count has having two hands, but cannot move while doing so, not even to take a 5-ft step.
Alternate: You may handle and wield 1-handed items and weapons.

* Telekinesis (2 points) -- You count as having two "hands", or two extra hands if you already have any, for the purposes of handling items and wielding weapons, though they do not grant you extra actions or attacks.  These "hands" have the same reach as you and use your Strength score divided evenly between your telekinetic hands.  The hands can operate anywhere within your reach, though you must be able to perceive items and weapons to use them.

* Telekinesis (2 points) -- You count as having two "hands", or two extra hands if you already have any, for the purposes of handling items and wielding weapons, though they do not grant you extra actions or attacks.  These "hands" have the same reach as you and use your Strength score divided evenly between your telekinetic hands.  The hands can operate anywhere within your reach, though you must be able to perceive items and weapons to use them.

* Enhanced Telekinesis (3 points) -- You count as having three "hands" for the purposes of Handling Items and wielding weapons, though they do not grant you extra actions or attacks nor are they considered connected to you for the purposes of touch.  These "hands" have the same reach as you and use your Strength score divided evenly between your telekinetic hands.  The hands can operate anywhere within your reach, though you must be able to perceive items and weapons to use them.  Additionally you may use your "hands" to Handle Items (but not wield weapons) within Close Quarters.

* Arm Wings (1.5 points, non-Beast only) -- You gain Winged Flight 40 ft, but while flying may only Handle Items as if you were a Beast.

* Limited Tremorsense (1.5 points): You are aware of the presence and general location of any moving object touching the same surface you are on.  However the target(s) still retain any bonuses, and you take all penalties, for the hidden or invisible conditions.

* Impaired Sense (-0.5 points): Your ranges for one sense are halved (rounded down) and you suffer a -4 penalty with related Awareness and Perception checks.

* Improved Sense (2 point): Your ranges for one sense are doubled and you gain a +2 bonus with related Awareness and Perception checks.

* Web (1 point): You may produce spider webbing, allowing you to create the equivalent of binding rope and climbing gear that may be used by one additional person.

* Natural Climber (1 point): The DC of your Climb checks decrease by 1/2 normal (rounded up).

* Basic [sphere name] Training (3 points, requires Spheres campaign quality): You gain access to the [sphere name] base sphere abilities. You gain an effective caster level of 1 and a spell pool of 1. Use Charisma as your casting ability score.  If you gain levels in a sphere-casting class this instead counts as possessing the [sphere name] base sphere and you add +1 to your spell points.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:36:05 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 08:42:23 AM »
Fantastic Beast Species

Pegasus
Winged horses.
Type: Large (1x2) quadruped beast with a Reach of 1.  Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score x1.5 (rounded down).
* Attributes: None
* Base Speed: 40 ft.
* Darkvision I: You ignore the effects of dim and faint light.
* Natural Attacks: You gain the Kick I natural attack.
* Sharp Hearing: Your hearing range increments are equal to your Wisdom score x 10 ft and you may always act during a surprise round unless deafened.
* Winged Flight: You may fly with a Speed of 50 ft.

Griffin
The front of an eagle, the back of a lion (occasionally has lion's paws).
Type: Large (1x2) quadruped beast with a Reach of 1.  Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score x1.5 (rounded down).
* Base Speed: 30 ft.
* Aloof: Your error range increases by 2 when making Impress and Sense Motive checks targeting characters of other species.
* Keen Sight: Your visual range increments are equal to your Wis score x 50 ft. You also ignore range penalties from the 2nd and 4th range increments while you’re aiming.
* Natural Attacks: You gain the Bite I and Talon/Claw I natural attacks.
* Tenacious Spirit: You gain 1 additional Vitality per level.
* Winged Flight: You may fly with a Speed of 40 ft.

Spirit Fox
A fox about the size of a wolf with three tails.
Type: You are a Small quadruped Beast with a Reach of 1. Your wounds are equal to your Constitution score x2/3 (rounded up).
* Cache Instinct: Your Prudence score rises by 1.
* Magic Mask: You are always considered to have actor's props and ignore Species and Size penalties to Disguise checks. [1]
* Natural Attack: You gain the Bite I natural attack.
* Sharp Hearing: Your hearing range increments are equal to your Wisdom score x 10 ft and you may always act during a surprise round unless deafened.
* Superior Jumper: You gain the superior jumper I NPC quality. [1]

Swandeer
Delicate deer with wings.  Surprisingly good swimmers.
* Enlightened Acrobatics: Your maximum Acrobatics rank increases to your Career Level+5.  Only the highest bonus from any enlightened ability may apply to each skill.
* Natural Attacks: You gain the Gore I (if male) or Kick I (if female) natural attack.
* Superior Swimmer: You gain the superior swimmer I NPC quality.
* Winged Flight: You may fly with a Speed of 40 ft.

Charram
Type: You are a Medium quadruped Beast with a Reach of 1.  Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score.
* Darkvision I: You ignore all penalties caused by dim or faint light.
* Enlightened Acrobatics: Your maximum Acrobatics rank increases to your Career Level+5.  Only the highest bonus from any enlightened ability may apply to each skill.
* Fire Resistant: You gain Fire Resistance 5. [1]
* Natural Attacks: You gain the Slam I natural attacks.
* Fire Aura: You may convert your unarmed damage to fire damage without suffering the usual -4 penalty. [1.5]
* Superior Jumper: You gain the superior jumper I NPC quality. [1]
* Superior Runner: You gain the superior runner I NPC quality.

Shebtant
Type: You are a Medium hexaped Beast with a Reach of 1.  Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score.
* Attributes: +1 Strength, +1 Intelligence
* Accomplished Builder: You gain 1 skill point each time you gain a permanent Gear feat.
* Enjoy the View: Your speed when making climbing checks is equal to your base speed –10 with or without climbing gear (–20 when traversing inverted surfaces). You minimum result when making a Climb check is 15 unless you roll an error. Climbing occupies only one of your hands and you may cling to your current position without using any hands.
* Enlightened Crafting: Your maximum rank Craft increases to your Career Level + 5.  Only the highest bonus from any enlightened ability may apply to each skill.
Improved Stability: You are considered 1 Size category larger for carrying capacity, Trample attacks, and resisting Bull Rush and Trip attempts so long as you are standing firmly on the ground and not climbing, flying or riding.
* Natural Attacks: You gain the Bite I natural attack.
* Thick Hide 2: You are considered to be wearing partial armor that provides DR 2.  It does not stack with other armor, if you gain Thick Hide from other sources it offers the highest DR + 1 per additional hide benefit.

Crytzalung
Type: You are a Large (1x2) serpentine Beast with a Reach of 1.  Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score x1.5 (rounded down).
* Breath Weapon: Once per round as a full action you may breathe focused qi in a 20-ft. line, inflicting 2d6 + your Con modifier in force damage.  Make a single ranged attack against all characters and objects in the path; each character hit may make a Reflex Save (DC 10 + the number of Species feats you have + your Con modifier) to suffer only 1/2 damage (rounded down).
* Inquisitive Mind: You gain 2 additional Interests.
* Natural Attack: You gain the Tail Slap I natural attack.
* Serpentine: You are considered one Size smaller for squeezing into and through confined spaces, and one Size larger for resisting Trample, Bull Rush, and Trip attempts. However, you cannot Kick or make Trample attacks.
* Winged Flight: You may fly with a Speed of 50 ft.

Friendly Unicorn (alternate Species build)
The unicorn detailed in the Book of Holding works fine for a mythical/romantic-style.  But sometimes you want a friendly neighborhood unicorn.
* Attribute Modifiers: None
* Charming: Once per session, you may improve the Disposition of any 1 non-adversary NPC by 5.
* Delicate: It takes one less grade of Fatigued or Shaken to render you unconscious.  This replaces Uncommunicative Beast (and is worth -1).
* Naive: Your error range increases by 2 when making Bluff and Sense Motive checks targeting characters of other species.  This replaces Aloof.

"Modern" Unicorn (alternate Species build)
These days healing doesn't seem to be a big deal among unicorn depictions, instead preferring to give them telekinesis to get over the "no hands" limitation.
Type: You are a Large (1x2) quadruped Beast with a Reach of 1.  Your Wounds are equal to your Constitution score x 1.5.
* Attribute Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, -1 Wisdom, +1 Charisma
* Enhanced Telekinesis (3 points)* -- You count as having three "hands" for the purposes of Handling Items and wielding weapons, though they do not grant you extra actions or attacks nor are they considered connected to you for the purposes of touch.  These "hands" have the same reach as you and use your Strength score divided evenly between your telekinetic hands.  The hands can operate anywhere within your reach, though you must be able to perceive items and weapons to use them.  Additionally you may use your "hands" to Handle Items (but not wield weapons) within Close Quarters.
* Natural Attacks: You gain the Gore I and Kick I natural attacks.
* Self-Obsessed: Your error range increases by 2 when making Impress and Sense Motive checks targeting characters of other species.
* Superior Runner: You gain the superior runner I NPC quality.

* Alternatively if using the Spheres campaign quality:
* Basic Telekinesis Training (3 points, requires Spheres campaign quality): You gain access to the Telekinesis base sphere abilities. You gain an effective caster level of 1 and a spell pool of 1. Use Charisma as your casting ability score.  If you gain levels in a sphere-casting class this instead counts as possessing the Telekinesis base sphere and you add +1 to your spell points.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:27:46 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 08:57:51 AM »
Fantastic Folk (and others) Species

Pan: The most important thing to me is that humans do not end up as the Super Special Awesome people.  They don't have to be as restricted in traits the way most fantasy races are, they just have to have someone at their level.

To this end I've conceived of all humanoids being the same species for semantic's sake.  I call this species "pan".  It contains humans, part-human/part-beasts like centaurs or catgirls, and furries.  Stuff like elves and dwarves fall more directly under humans: again this is semantics.  "Race" need not equal having only one set of traits: other than very unusual bodies like those of centaurs players will be allowed to pick Talents instead of a species build.

Naturally pan use the stats for any Folk Species.

If instead you want to be spared having to choose here's a one-size-fits-all generic Pan origin:

Pan (generic)
Type: You are a Medium biped Folk with a Reach of 1.  Your Wounds are equal to your Constitution score.
Attributes: +2 Constitution
Base Speed: 30 ft
Flashy: Your Panache rises by 1. [2]
Sterner Stuff: The keen quality of each attack made against you decreases by 4.
Weak Minded: You take a -3 penalty on Will saves. [-1]
Wolf Pack Basics: You gain the Wolf Pack Basics feat.

Aranea
Similar to centaurs, but with the body of a spider.
Type: You are a Large (2x2) octoped folk with a Reach of 1.  Your Wounds are equal to your Constitution score x 1.5 (rounded down).
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Constitution, -1 Dexterity
Base Speed: 30 ft.
Always Ready: You may always act during surprise rounds.
Darkvision I: You ignore the effects of dim and faint light.
Enjoy the View: Your speed when making climbing checks is equal to your base speed –10 with or without climbing gear (–20 when traversing inverted surfaces). You minimum result when making a Climb check is 15 unless you roll an error. Climbing occupies only one of your hands and you may cling to your current position without using any hands.
Restricted Actions: Kick attacks, as well as Break Fall and Tumble checks you make, are always considered untrained.
Slight Build: You wield weapons as if you were one Size smaller than your actual size. [-0.5]
Thick Hide 2: You are considered to be wearing partial armor that provides Damage Reduction 2.  It does not stack with other armor.  If you gain thick hide from more than one source it offers the highest DR + 1 per additional instance.
Web: You may produce spider webbing, allowing you to create the equivalent of binding rope and climbing gear that may be used by one additional person. [1]

Centaur (alternate Species build)
A more graceful and perceptive version than the one found in the Book of Holding.  You could easily have both in the same setting
Splinter Race Feats: Unicorn Blood (unicorn), Light Hoof (deer/antelope).  Unless you select one of those you are a 'horse'.
Type: You are a Large (1x2) quadruped Folk with a Reach of 1.  Your maximum Wounds equal your Constitution score x 1.5 (rounded down).
Attribute Modifier: +2 to the lower of Strength or Constitution
Base Speed: 50 ft
Battle Ready: You gain a +1 bonus to Initiative checks and once per session you may avoid becoming flat-footed at the beginning of combat.
Fatal Falls: You take +1 damage per die from falling and the damage gains keen (20).
Natural Attacks: You gain the Kick I and Trample I natural attacks.
Restricted Actions: Break Fall, Climb, and Tumble checks you make are considered untrained.
Slight Build: You wield weapons as if you were one Size smaller than your actual size. [-0.5]
Sure-footed: Your encumbrance loads are increased by 50%, and when you run your move multiplier is increased by 1.

Florae
Human-like plants.
Splinter Race Feats: New Leaf (evergreen, ironwood, and others), Elemental Heritage (ice flower, fire flower, and others). Unless you choose this, you’re an ‘alarune'.
Type: You are a Medium biped Plant with a Reach of 1.  Your maximum Wounds equal your Constitution score. [3]
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Strength, -1 Dexterity or Charisma
Achilles Heel (Fire): When you suffer fire damage, you also suffer an equal amount of lethal damage.
Bleeding Immunity: You are immune to the bleed condition.
Lean Season: You only require 1 common meal per day.
Natural Camouflage: Choose one terrain type.  You gain a +5 gear bonus with Blend checks while in that terrain.
Thick Hide 2: You are considered to be wearing partial armor that provides Damage Reduction 2.  It does not stack with other armor.  If you gain thick hide from more than one source it offers the highest DR + 1 per additional instance.

Harpy
Humanoids with winged arms and clawed feet.
Splinter Race Feats: Draconic Heritage (wyvern).  Unless you select this you are a 'harpy'.
Type: You are a Medium biped Folk with a Reach of 1.  Your Wounds equal your Constitution score.
Attribute Modifiers: -1 Constitution, +1 Charisma
Hearty Appetite: You benefit from the first 2 food and 2 beverage you consume in each day.
Keen Sight: Your visual range increments are equal to your Wis score x 50 ft. You also ignore range penalties from the 2nd and 4th range increments while you’re aiming.
Natural Attack: You gain the Claw I natural attack.  In addition your Claw attacks gained from this trait gain the grab upgrade.
Winged Flight: You may fly with a speed of 40 ft.  While aloft your Size is considered 1 category larger for Defense and fitting through tight spaces. Your error ranges with attacks and Blend, Sneak, and Spellcasting checks increase by 2 while flying. If you do not move at least 10 feet during your turn you are considered to be hovering and these error range penalties are doubled until your following turn.

Jiva
A different form of "unborn" that has a soul and a squishier body.
Splinter Race Feats: Special Construction (clay, crystal, wood, and others), Elemental Heritage (earth, ice, lava, and other materials).  Unless you select one of those you are 'cadaver'.
Type: You are a Medium biped jiva (see Foes section below).  Your Wounds equal you Constitution score. [6]
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Constitution, -1 Wisdom or Charisma
Achilles Heel (Electricity): When you suffer electrical damage, you also suffer an equal amount of lethal damage.
Enlightened Skill: Choose one skill in Chapter 2. Your maximum rank in that skill increases to your Career Level + 5. Only the highest bonus from any single enlightened ability may apply to each skill.
Inquisitive Mind: You gain 2 additional Interests.
Lumbering: You suffer a -2 penalty with all Reflex saves and become flanked any time two opponents are adjacent to you.

Merfolk
Aquatic humanoids with fish tails for legs.  May also have other fishy features.
Type: You are a Medium serpentine folk with a Reach of 1. Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score.
Attributes: None
Base Speed: 20 ft.
Amphibious: You may breathe freely in air or water. (Impurities in the water may affect you much as gasses do air-breathers.)
Darkvision II: You ignore all ambient light penalties.
Enlightened Athletics: Your maximum rank in the Athletics skill increases to your Career Level + 5. Only the highest bonus from any single enlightened ability may apply to each skill.
Improved Stability: You’re considered 1 Size category larger for carrying capacity, Trample attacks, and resisting bull rush and trip attempts so long as you are standing firmly on the ground and not climbing, flying or riding.
Swim Speed: You may swim with a speed of 60 ft. [2.5]

Naga (Credit to TKDB.)
Humanoids with snake bodies from the hips down.
Splinter Race Feats: Canopy Brood (tree snake), Crushing Brood (constrictor), Cursed Brood (gorgon), Feathered Brood (couatl), Sea Brood (sea snake), Stalking Brood (pit viper), Desert Clutch (cobra). Unless you select one of these, you are a “grass snake”.
Type: You are a Large (1x1) serpentine Folk with a Reach of 1. Your maximum wounds equal your Constitution score x 1.5 (rounded down).
Attributes: +2 to the lower of Strength or Dexterity
Bloodhound: Your scent range increments are equal to your Wis score x 10 ft., and you gain a +6 bonus with Tracking checks.
Cold-Blooded: You require only 1 common meal per day but suffer 1 additional damage per die from cold and are sickened for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 any cold damage taken (rounded down). If you suffer continuous cold damage – such as from the environment – you are sickened until you escape the source of the damage.
Natural Attack: You gain the Tail Slap I natural attack.
Serpentine: You are considered one Size smaller for squeezing into and through confined spaces, and one Size larger for resisting Trample, Bull Rush, and Trip attempts. [1]

Nymoth
Type: You are a Small Fey with a Reach of 1.  Your Wounds are equal to your Constitution score x2/3 (rounded up).
Attributes: None
Base Speed: 20 ft
Bloodhound: Your base scent range is equal to your Wisdom score x 10 ft, and you gain a +6 bonus with Tracking checks.
Engaging Diversion: You may distract up to 3 opponents at once (see FC, page 218). You roll only once for the action, while each opponent rolls to resist separately.If you gain this ability from two or more sources, the number of opponents you may target increases by 1 for each additional engaging diversion ability.
Hover: You may fly with a Speed of 20 ft, but no more than 20 ft above the ground. Also you do not suffer an error increase while flying. While aloft you Size is considered 1 category larger for Defense and fitting through tight spaces.

Slime
Slimes that like to take humanoid shape.
Splinter Race Feats: Acrimoeba (acidic slime)[Book of Holding], Phaegomoeba [Book of Holding], Proteomoeba (mimic)[Book of Holding], Elemental Heritage (ice slime, fire slime, metal slime, or other elemental slime), Land Power (mud or other environmental slime).  Unless you select one of these you are simply a 'slime'.
Type: You are a Medium Ooze with Reach of 1.  Your Wounds equal your Constitution score.
Attribute Modifiers: None
Amphibious: You may breathe freely in air or water. (Impurities in the water may affect you much as gasses do air-breathers.)
Bleeding Immunity: You are immune to the bleed condition.
Great Fortitude: You gain Great Fortitude as a bonus feat.
Sterner Stuff: The keen quality of each attack made against you decreases by 4.
Unbreakable: Each time you suffer attribute impairment, it decreases by 1 (min 0).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:43:04 PM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 09:12:17 AM »
New Talents

NOTE: Unless allowed otherwise by houserule/GM you must have the Talent that corresponds to a Species to take feats with that Species listed as a prerequisite.

* Stout: Your bred-in toughness and tenacity compensates for the short jokes.
--(As Dwarf, replace “Darkvision I” with “Hearty Appetite” and “Enlightened Crafting” with “Enlightened Resolve”.)

* Elite: You are so much better than everyone it’s disheartening.
--(As Elf, type is Folk instead of Fey.)

* Titan: Your size is the thing that worries you the most.
--(As Giant, replace “Hurled Proficiency” with “Crunch!”.)

* Gutsy: You’d have a complex about your size if you dared to care.
--(As Goblin, change -2 Charisma to -2 Wisdom, replace “Darkvision I” + “light sensitive” with “Fearless I” and “Ambush Basics” with “Aggro Basics”.)

* Brute: All that violence is to protect a vulnerable core.
--(As Ogre.)

* Hot-blooded: You have no patience for description.
--(As Orc.)

* Petite: You do have a complex about your size but no one notices.
--(As Pech, change “Enlightened Resolve” to “Enlightened Blend”, replace “Hurled Proficiency” with “Called Shot trick”.)

* Feral: You’re some kind of throwback.
--(As Saurian, remove “+2 Dexterity, -2 Any” and “Cold-Blooded”.  Natural Attack types may be changed at GM discretion.)

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 09:19:18 AM »
New Species Feats

Aquatic
Your home is the sea, no matter if you can walk on land or fly in the air.
Type: Species
Prerequisites: Level 1 only.
Benefit: You gain the aquatic II NPC quality and a Swim Speed of 50 ft.
Special: When you gain this feat you may reduce any of your attributes by 2 to gain an additional Species feat with the prerequisite "Level 1 only".

Environmental Adaptation
Through constant exposure and trials, perhaps stretching far back in your ancestry, you have been granted extraordinary skill and ability to survive in an environment different from others of your Species.
Prerequisites: Level 1 only
Benefit:
* Amphibious: Before spending skill points you gain 1 rank in Athletics.  You may hold your breath for a number of minutes equal to your 15 x Constitution score.  Your speed when making swimming checks is equal to your base speed –10. You minimum result when making a Swim check is 15 unless you roll an error.
* Elevated: You are always considered to have climber’s gear.  You gain a +1 gear bonus on Acrobatics checks, the superior climber I and superior jumper I NPC qualities, and 1 rank in Acrobatics, subject to your maximum.  Apply these ranks before spending skill points.
* Extreme: You gain either cold acclimated I or heat acclimated I (your choice), a +1 gear bonus to Survival, +1 Fortitude, +1 maximum Vitality, and 1 rank in Survival, subject to your maximum.  Apply these ranks before spending skill points.

Fin Body
You are an atypical merfolk.
Prerequisites: Folk or Fey, Level 1 only
Benefit: You gain the aquatic II NPC quality and a Swim Speed of 60 ft.  However your land speed drops by 10 ft. You count as a Merfolk for taking Species feats.
Special: When you gain this feat you may reduce any of your attributes by 2 to gain an additional Species feat with the prerequisite "Level 1 only".

Four-Armed
The extras come in very handy.
Prerequisites: Non-Beast, Level 1 only.
Benefit: You may simultaneously hold and arm up to four 1-handed, two 1-handed and one 2-handed, or two 2-handed weapons or objects.  You also gain a +2 gear bonus with skill checks made as part of a Grapple action if two or more of your hands are free, and a +2 gear bonus to Balance, Climb, and Disable checks.
Special: When you take this feat you may reduce any of your attributes by 2 to gain an additional Species feat with the requirement "Level 1 only".  Also, if you gain the Many-Armed feat, you lose the weapon holding and Grapple bonus gained from Four-Armed (but not Many-Armed) and the lower of your Strength or Dexterity rises by 1.

Breakdown:
* Four arms [1 pt]
* +2 Grapple if hands free [0.5 pt]
* +2 to three skill uses [1.5 pt]
Total: 3 pts

Four-Foot Body
Below your waist you have the form of a wild runner -- whether clawed or hoofed -- instead of a pair of sluggish stilts.
Prerequisites: Non-Beast, Level 1 only.
Benefit: Your size category increases by 1 (maximum Large size), but you still count as your original size category for the purposes of handling items.  You also gain an increase of 5 ft to Ground Speed, superior runner I, and one of the following options:
* Run Claw: An additional 5 ft increase to Ground Speed, superior traveler I, and a +2 gear bonus on Push Limit checks.
* Grab Claw: Claw I natural attack, 1 rank in Sneak, and a +1 gear bonus to Sneak checks.  Apply these ranks before spending skill points.
* Heavy Hoof: Kick I natural attack and improved stability.
* Light Hoof: Kick I natural Attack, 1 rank in Acrobatics, and a +1 gear bonus to Acrobatics checks.  Apply these ranks before spending skill points.
However your Break Fall, Climb, and Tumble checks are always considered untrained.

Gigantic
Bigger is better.
Prerequisites: Non-Unborn, Level 1 only
Benefit: Your Size increases by 1 (maximum Large); if you are already Large or bigger either your Reach or Strength increases by 1 instead (your choice, maximum Reach 2).  You also gain a +1 bonus to Fortitude saves and +1 maximum vitality.

Hoof-foot Body
You are an atypical centaur.
Prerequisites: Non-Beast, Level 1 only
Benefit: Your Size increases by 1 (maximum Large size), but you still count as your original size category for the purposes of handling items.  You gain the Kick I and Trample I natural attacks, and the superior runner II NPC quality.  However Break Fall, Climb, and Tumble checks you make are considered untrained.  You count as a Centaur for taking Species feats.

Landscale
Prerequisites: Drake, Level 1 only.
Benefit: You lose winged flight, but your Strength and Constitution scores each increase by 1 and you gain a +5 gear bonus to Blend in one terrain type and Burrow 20 ft.

Breakdown:
* Lose Winged Flight [-2.5 pt]
* +1 Strength + Constitution [2 pt]
* +5 Blend terrain [0.5 pt]
* Burrow 20 ft [2.5 pt]
Total: 2.5 pts

Light Hoof
Prerequisites: Centaur, Level 1 only
Benefit: You gain the Gore I natural attack, your Dexterity rises by 1, and you gain the superior jumper I NPC quality.

Breakdown:
* Gore I [1 pt]
* +1 Dexterity [1 pt]
* Superior Jumper I [1 pt]
Total: 3 pts[/i]

Miniature
Blame it on genetics.
Prerequisites: Non-Unborn, Level 1 only
Benefit: Your Size decreases by one step (minimum Tiny); if you are already Tiny or smaller you instead count as 1 size category smaller squeezing into or through confined spaces and for escaping from grapples.  You also gain a +1 attack bonus vs larger characters.
Special: When you gain this feat you may reduce any of your attributes by 2 to gain an additional Species feat with the requirement “Level 1 only.”

Nocturnal
You are well adapted for the night.
Prerequisites: Level 1 only.
Benefit: You gain darkvision I and light sensitive, light sleeper, and your hearing range increments are equal to your Wisdom score x 10 ft, and you may always act during a surprise round unless deafened.

Plant Body
You are an atypical florae.
Benefit: You gain the Plant type.  You count as a Florae for taking Species feats.

Scorpion Body
The body of a scorpion scuttles beneath you.
Benefit: Your size category increases by 1 (maximum Large size), but you still count as your original size category for the purposes of handling items.  You gain Stinger I, Pincer I (functions as Bite I), and thick hide 2.  Kick attacks, as well as Break Fall, Jump, and Tumble checks you make, are always considered untrained, and you are cold-blooded.
Note: Scorpion Body’s stinger natural attack qualifies for the Toxin Sacs feat (Adventure Companion, p 137).

Serpent Body
You are an atypical naga.
Benefit: Your size category increases by 1 (maximum Large size), but you still count as your original size category for the purposes of handling items.  You gain the Tail Slap I natural attack.  You are considered one Size smaller for squeezing into and through confined spaces, and one Size larger for resisting Trample, Bull Rush, and Trip attempts.  You count as a Naga for taking Species feats.

Breakdown:
* +1 Size, but not Handling [1 pt]
* Tail Slap I [1 pt]
* -1 Size squeezing/grapple [0.5 pt]
* +1 Size Trample, BR, Trip [0.5 pt]

Slime Form
You are an atypical slime.
Benefit: You gain the Ooze type. You are immune to the bleed condition, the keen quality of each attack made against you decreases by 4, and each time you suffer attribute impairment, it decreases by 1 (min 0).  You count as a Slime for taking Species feats.

Spider Body
You are a spider down below......and above, when you’re hanging from the ceiling.
Benefit: Your size category increases by 1 (maximum Large size) but you still count as your original size category for the purposes of handling items.  Your speed when making climbing checks is equal to your base speed –10 with or without climbing gear (–20 when traversing inverted surfaces). You minimum result when making a Climb check is 15 unless you roll an error. Climbing occupies only one of your hands and you may cling to your current position without using any hands. Additionally you may produce spider webbing, allowing you to create the equivalent of binding rope and climbing gear that may be used by one additional person.  Kick attacks, as well as Break Fall and Tumble checks you make, are always considered untrained.  You count as an Aranea for taking Species feats.

Breakdown:
* +1 Size, but not Handling [1 pt]
* Enjoy the View [2 pt]
* Web [1 pt]
* Restricted Actions [-1 pt]

Unicorn Blood
Unicorns + virgins.
Prerequisites: Non-Unicorn, Level 1 only
Benefit: You are always considered to have a doctor's bag and you ignore cross-species penalties to Medicine checks (if you gain both these abilities from any other sources you instead gain and 1 rank in Medicine (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Medicine checks; apply these skill ranks before spending skill points).  In addition your Dexterity score increases by 1 and you gain natural elegance.  You may select feats as if you're a Unicorn.
Special: You may only have 1 "Blood" feat.  If your Species is centaur you may ignore this rule, for this feat only.  When you gain this feat you may reduce any of your attributes by 2 to gain an additional Species feat with the requirement "Level 1 only".

Unicorn Scion (Special thanks to Big Jim for designing this species trait.)
You've called to your unicorn soul and it rewards you with even greater healing power.
Prerequisites: Unicorn Blood
Benefit: You take the first step on the Life Path.  After Career Level 1, each time you would gain a feat from your Career Level, you may instead take another step along this Path.  Your Caster Level is considered equal to your Career Level for any benefits from these steps.

Wing Body
You are an atypical harpy.
Prerequisites: Talent, Level 1 only
Benefit: You gain Winged Flight 30 ft and the Claw I natural attack.  You count as a Harpy for taking Species feats.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:47:33 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 09:40:22 AM »
Species Feat Changes and Additions

Angelic Heritage/Legacy: Change Acid Resistance to Electricity Resistance.

Devilish Legacy: Change Electricity Resistance to Acid Resistance.

Special Construction
* Wood: As Elemental Heritage. You may also select New Leaf as if you were a Rootwalker (Ironwood only grants thick hide 2).
* Bone: A complete skeleton -- or perhaps more than one -- your reflexes and dead appearance give opponents pause.  You gain Bow Resistance 5, lose lumbering, and each time an opponent attacks you and misses he suffers 2 stress damage.  However, your Size is considered 1 category smaller during Bull Rushes, Grapples, and Trips.
* Crystal: You gain Spell Defense equal to your Impress (Con) bonus, your Appearance rises by 1, and your unarmed attacks gain bleed.  However you gain achilles heel (sonic).

On Species-specific Prerequisites
I trust the Crafty Designers had good reasons for restricting Species feats to certain Species, but occasionally a few are too good to always keep them tied to one Origin.  The following is a list of my picks for which Species feats can sometimes lose their Species prerequisites and why.

Seem to be flavor restrictions:
Angelic Legacy, Devilish Legacy, Draconic Legacy, Elemental Legacy, Faerie Legacy

Good for delineating cultures:
Hart Nation, Hill-Born, Northern Horde (change to "your darkvision rises by I"), Quick-Finger Folk, Southern Horde, Bear Nation, Cool-River Folk, Dark-Earth Folk, Deep-Born (change to "your darkvision rises by I"), Dune-Born, Glacier-Born (change to "your darkvision rises by I"), Horse Nation, Jewel-Born, Lost Horde, Night Horde, Raven Nation, Tiger Nation, Wolf Nation

Create cool mutants:
Lava-Born, Sea Brave, Stone Brave, Desert Clutch (Desert Crest becomes “Prerequisite: Desert Clutch, Bite natural attack type”) , Dolphin Nation, Steel Brave, Toxin Sacs, Two-Headed

Sounds like a fun magic effect:
Make Me Stone
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:34:37 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 09:43:44 AM »
New and Changed Specialties and Class Changes

* Peasant: Choice of Edged or Blunt proficiency (if Blackpowder available, may also choose from that).

* Scholar:
* Bonus Feat: Perfect Memory
* Inscription Focus: You gain the Crafting (Inscription) focus.
* Sharp Mind: You gain 1 additional skill point per level.
* Publish or Perish: You may purchase Scholastic Renown for 20 Reputation per Rank.

--Scholastic Title
Undergraduate Student (a distraction, best ignored)
Masters Student (better paying distraction)
Doctorate Student (unpaid peon)
Research Fellow (aka post-doc, or a paid peon)
Lecturer
Senior Lecturer
Reader
Professor (aka Chair)
Departmental Head (aka Dean)
University Director (aka Archchancellor)
--Specific Favors: Event, Harassment, Invitation, Rumor

New Specialties

Grand Specimen
 You are unusual, and that gets you noticed.
* Bonus Feat: Any 1 Species feat
* Attribute Training: The lower of your Strength or Charisma scores increases by 1 (your choice if a tie).  Apply this bonus after any modifiers from your Species or Talent.
* Celebrated: Your Legend increases by 2.
* Natural Elegance: Your Appearance bonus increases by 1.
* Noble Blood: You may purchase Noble Renown for 20 Reputation per rank.

Wild
You just focus on being you.
* Bonus Feat: Any 1 Species feat
* Attribute Training: The lower of your Constitution or Charisma scores rises by 1.
* Origin Skill: You gain an additional Origin skill.
* Species Feat Expert: You’re considered to have 2 additional Species feats for any ability based on the number of Species feats you have.
* Unarmed Proficiency: You gain the Unarmed weapon proficiency.

Hot-Blooded Hero
OH-RAAAAAAH!
* Bonus Feat: Rage Basics
* Fast: Your Ground Speed increases by 10 ft.
* Heroism: During dramatic scenes you gain a +1 bonus to all attack and skill checks.
* Tenacious Spirit: You gain 1 additional vitality per level.
* Thick Hide 3: You are considered to be wearing partial armor that provides DR 3.  This does not stack with other armor.  If you gain Thick Hide from multiple sources use the highest DR + 1 per additional thick hide benefit.

Class Changes

* Assassin: Unspoken Name’s Intimidate bonus need not be based on kills, merely any exploits suitable for the class’s function.

* Sage: Breadth of Experience now reads: "Choose 4 skills.  They become Sage class skills for you.  In addition you gain a pool of 8 skill points, of which you may not spend more than 2 in any skill."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:30:58 PM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 09:52:07 AM »
New and Changed Feats

* Alchemy Basics: Prerequisite can be substituted with Carving, Cooking, Pharmacy, or Pottery.

New Feats

Constructed Companion
You made a friend.
Type: Gear
Preresquisites: Player character only
Benefit: You control a construct or ooze NPC with an XP value no greater than construct/ooze type + 45 + 5 × the permanent Gear feats you have.  Blah blah blah [standard companion feat text].
Special: This feat may not be taken as a temporary feat.

Land Power
Somehow you have power derived from the world around.
Type: Species or Spellcasting
Benefit: Choose a land or material.
* Arctic: You gain Cold Resistance 5, superior traveler II, and any weapon you ready gains the grip customization at no extra cost.
* Cave: You gain darkvision II and light sensitive, a +2 insight bonus to Ambush checks, and a +5 bonus on checks made to navigate.  Also you gain either the Crafting skill’s Stonecutting focus or are considered to always have a stonecutter’s kit (choose one).
* City: You gain a +2 insight bonus to Canvass checks, 2 Interests, and the hearty appetite Species trait.
* Decay: Your unarmed attacks gain bleed, a +5 insight bonus on Dismantle and Repair checks, and 1 rank in Medicine (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Medicine checks.
* Desert: You gain a +2 insight bonus on Stash checks and grueling combatant.
* Dust/Sand: You gain Unarmed Resistance 5 and 1 rank in Prestidigitation (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Prestidigitation checks.  However, your Size is considered 1 category smaller during Bull Rushes, Grapples, and Trips.
* Forest/Jungle: You are always considered to have actor's props and you ignore Species and Size penalties to Disguise checks (if you gain both these abilities from any other sources you instead gain 1 rank in Disguise (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Disguise checks), you gain 1 rank in Blend (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Blend checks, and the Disposition of non-adversary animals increases by 5.  However, you also gain Achilles heel (fire).
* Grassland: You gain superior runner I, 1 rank in Survival (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Survival checks, and you gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls for a number of rounds equal to damage taken after taking fire damage.
* Herd: You count as 3 additional characters when determining numerical advantage, you suffer exactly 1 point per damage die when making a Push Limit check, and you gain the Trample I natural attack and a +2 bonus to Initiative checks.  However, you also take a -2 penalty on Will saves.
* Ice: You gain thick hide 2 and may convert your unarmed damage to Cold damage without suffering the normal -4 attack penalty.  However, you also gain Achilles heel (heat).
* Lava: You gain Fire Resistance 5 and may convert your unarmed damage to fire damage without suffering the normal -4 attack penalty.  However, you also gain Achilles heel (cold).
* Mountain: You gain 1 rank in Resolve (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Resolve checks, a +2 insight bonus to Climb checks, and Electrical Resistance 5, and are always considered to have climber's gear.  However, you also take a -2 penalty on Reflex saves.
* Mud: You count as 1 size category smaller for the purposes of squeezing, gain a +4 bonus on Grapple checks, and are always considered to have actors’ props.  However, you also gain Achilles heel (fire).
* River/Waterfall: You gain 1 rank in Athletics (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Athletics checks, a +5 insight bonus on Break Fall checks, and the Trample I natural attack.
* Sea/Lake: You calculate your Wounds as if you were 1 size larger, you gain Cold Resistance 5, and any weapon you ready gains the trip customization at no additional cost.
* Stone: You gain DR2/Blunt and 1 rank in Resolve (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Resolve checks.  However you take a -2 penalty to Reflex saves.
* Storm: You gain 1 rank in Intimidate (subject to your maximum), a +1 insight bonus to Intimidate checks, and a +2 insight bonus on saves against fear.  You may convert your unarmed damage to Electrical damage without suffering the normal -4 attack penalty.  However your Wisdom decreases by 1.
* Wetland: You are always considered to have a doctor’s bag and you ignore Cross-Species penalties to Medicine checks (if you gain both these abilities from another source you instead gain a 1 rank in Medicine (subject to your maximum) and a +1 insight bonus to Medicine checks), and each time you suffer 10 or more damage from a melee attack you may attempt to Disarm the attacker as a free action.  However you suffer a -2 Appearance penalty.
Additional Options: Crystal, Darkness, Earth, Mist, Water, Wood (as Elemental Heritage)
Special: Apply all bonus skill ranks before spending skill points.

Natural Magic/Monster Magic
Uses the Astral Magic system.  (Which I don't currently have access to, but I'm posting this anyway.)
* Natural Magic Basics: Equivalent to Astral Basics
* Natural Magic Mastery: Equivalent to Astral Mastery
* Natural Magic Supremacy: Equivalent to Astral Supremacy
* Line/Monster Heir: Equivalent to Constellation Heir
* Line/Monster Scion: Equivalent to Constellation Scion
* Line/Monster Exemplar: Equivalent to Constellation Visionary

----Sample Monsters
Healer
1: Cure Wounds I, Tinker I
2: Cure Wounds II, Restoration I
3: Cure Wounds III, Lift Curse I, Neutralize Poison
4: Cure Wounds IV, Restoration II
5: Mass Cure Wounds I, Heal
Fire-Breather

1: Endure Elements + Flare (one use each), Color Spray, Conjure Elemental I (fire only)
2: Ash Storm I (as Chill Storm), Gust of Wind, Resist Energy (fire/cold only), Scorching Ray
3: Conjure Elemental II (fire only), Fireball I, Searing Ray
4: Ash Storm II (as Chill Storm), Elemental Shield (fire only), Fire Ray II (as Polar Ray), Wall of Fire
5: Cone of Fire (as Cone of Cold), Conjure Elemental III (fire only)

Icy Soul
0: Endure Elements, Polar Ray I, Water Walk
1: [Endure Elements, Polar Ray I, Water Walk](one use of each of two), Conjure Elemental I (ice only), Control Weather I, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shatter, Winter’s Domain I
2: Chill Storm I, Deadly Draft I, Hold Animal, Hold Person, Resist Energy, Mass Water Walk
3: Conjure Elemental II (ice only), Control Weather II, Shape Stone, Tiny Shelter
4: Air Walk, Chill Storm II, Elemental Shield (ice only), Polar Ray II, Resilient Sphere I, Wall of Ice
5: Cone of Cold, Conjure Elemental III (ice only), Control Weather III, Winter’s Domain II

----Sample Magic Lines
Frozen Heart: Resolve
The Gift: Endure Elements, Polar Ray, Water Walk
1: Conjure Elemental I (ice/snow elementals only), Control Weather I (cold, snow only), Entangle (ice and snow areas), Winter’s Domain I
2: Chill Storm I, Deadly Draft I, Resist Energy (fire/cold only), Mass Water Walk
3: Control Weather II (cold, snow only), Conjure Elemental II (ice/snow elementals only), Verdure (Inhibit, Prune, Thicken [snow] only)
4: Chill Storm II, Elemental Shield (ice shield only), Polar Ray II, Wall of Ice
5: Cone of Cold, Control Weather III (cold, snow only), Conjure Elemental III (ice/snow elementals only), Winter’s Domain II

Spring Heart: Impress
The Gift: Endure Elements, Glow I, Touch of Light
1: Concealing Countryside I, Conjure Elemental I (earth/plant elementals only), Control Weather I (rain, wind only), Entangle
2: Brawn I, Goodberry, Resist Energy (cold only), Wild Side I
3: Concealing Countryside II, Conjure Elemental II (earth/plant elementals only), Control Weather II (rain, wind only), Glow II, Verdure (Enrich, Thicken only)
4: Brawn II, Concealing Countryside II
5: Mass Brawn I, Conjure Elemental III (earth/plant elementals only), Control Weather III (rain, wind only), Wild Side II

Ninja Training: Stealth
The Gift: Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Water Walk
1: Concealing Countryside I, Disguise Self, Illusionary Image I, Jump, Pass Without Trace,
2: Brawn I (Dex only), Illusionary Image II, Levitate, Silence, Mass Water Walk
3: Counter Magic I, Illusionary Image III, Invisibility, See Invisible, Water Breathing
4: Air Walk, Brawn II (Dex only), Concealing Countryside II, Freedom of Movement, Illusionary Image IV,
5: Mass Brawn I (Dex only), Illusionary Image V

Nomad King: Survival
The Gift: Create Water, Endure Elements, Glow I, Touch of Light
1: Alarm, Cure Wounds I, Nature’s Ally I, Scare I, Tinker I, Unseen Servant
2: Brawn I, Cure Wounds II, Goodberry, Restoration I, Scare II, Status I, Tinker II
3: Confounding Images, Cure Wounds III, Glow II, Glyph of Protection I, Neutralize Poison, Tiny Shelter, Tongues I
4: Cure Wounds IV, Move Water, Resilient Sphere, Restoration II,
5: Mass Cure Wounds I, Heal, Move Earth, Natural Attunement
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:55:09 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 09:56:08 AM »
Foes

Creature Type Changes (Optional):

Construct (+5 XP, 6 build points): The NPC is inorganic or manufactured. It is immune to poison and disease, and takes only half damage from attribute, sneak attack, stress, and subdual damage (rounded down, minimum 0) and never gains the bleeding condition. It ignores a total number of instances per session of the fatigued and shaken conditions equal to the standard number of starting action dice according to its threat or career level. When determining critical injuries, it uses a d10 instead of a d20. It regains vitality normally but does not naturally heal wounds, though it may be Mended with a successful Crafting check using the Medicine rules (see page 77). It becomes inert when reduced below 0 wounds is considered banished when destroyed (i.e. reduced to at least –25 wounds). A construct doesn’t age and doesn't need to eat, sleep, or breathe.  (Developed by Mister Andersen.
----Alternative: Jiva (+5 XP, 6 build points): The NPC is a construct with a more-or-less complete "soul" and more delicate systems. [enhancements same as above]

Plant (+2 XP, 1.5 build points): The NPC is an animate plant.  It gains the aquatic I NPC quality and light sleeper NPC qualities at no additional cost.  A plant ages and must eat, sleep, and breathe.

Fey Type: Natural animals have no compunction about attacking Fey.

New NPC qualities:

--Engaging Diversion (+2 XP): The NPC may Distract up to 3 opponents at once.  He only rolls once for the action while each opponent rolls to resist separately.

--Shake It Off (+1 XP): The NPC gains a +5 insight bonus per grade on Resolve checks to overcome the frightened condition.

--Telekinesis (+1 XP): The NPC ignores any conditions physically preventing their use of items, and may Handle Items at Close Range.

--Trackless Step (+1 XP): The DCs of Tracking checks to follow the NPCs trail increase by 10.

New Rogue Templates

Pegasus (+9 XP): The NPC becomes a Large (1×2, Reach 1) Beast Flyer with a winged flight Speed of 40 ft.  He also gains +10 ft to ground Speed, improved sense (hearing, sight), and Kick I (dmg 1d8 lethal; threat 20).

Griffin (+11 XP): The NPC becomes a Large (1×2, Reach 1) Beast Flyer with a winged flight Speed of 40 ft.  His health increases by 1 grade, and he gains darkvision I, improved sense (sight), Bite I (dmg 1d10 lethal; threat 18–20) (+2 XP), and Talon I (dmg 1d8 lethal; threat 20).

Spirit Fox (+10 XP): The NPC becomes a Small Beast, and his ground Speed increases by +10 ft.  He gains darkvision I, superior runner I, superior jumper I, shapeshifter I, and Bite I (dmg 1d6 lethal; threat 18-20).

Swandeer (+9 XP): The NPC becomes a Large (1x2) Beast Walker/Flyer, with a fly Speed of 40 ft.  He gains darkvision I, improved sense (hearing), superior swimmer I, and Gore I (dmg 1d6 lethal; threat 20; qualities: bleed) or Kick I (dmg 1d6 lethal; threat 20).

Charram (+16 XP): The NPC becomes a Medium Beast and his Speed increases by +10 ft.  He gains darkvision I, damage defiance (heat), improved sense (hearing), natural defense (fire), superior jumper I, superior runner I, and Slam I (dmg 1d6 lethal; threat 20).

Shebtant (+16 XP): The NPC becomes a Medium Beast, and either his Strength and Constitution rise by 2.  He gains darkvision I, damage reduction 2, improved stability, superior climber I, and Bite I (dmg 1d8 lethal; threat 18-20).

Crytzalung (+8 XP): The NPC becomes a Large (1x2) Beast Walker/Flyer and gains a fly Speed of 40 ft.  He gains improved stability, and Tail Slap I (dmg 1d10 lethal; threat 20; qualities: reach +1).  In most cases you should also avoid the Prestidigitation and Ride skills.

"Modern" Unicorn (+7 XP): The NPC becomes a Large (1x2) Beast, his ground Speed increases by +10 ft, and either his Dexterity or Charisma rises by 2.  He gains superior runner I, telekinesis, and Gore I (dmg 1d6 lethal, threat 20; qualities: bleed).

Aranea (+12 XP): The NPC becomes Large (2x2).  He gains Athletics I, always ready, darkvision I, damage reduction 2, and superior climber II.

Centaur (+12 XP): The NPC becomes Large (1x2), his Speed increases by +20 ft, and either his Strength or Constitution rises by 2.  He gains fatal falls, improved sense (hearing), improved stability, superior runner II, and Kick I (dmg 1d8 lethal; threat 20) and Trample I (dmg 1d10 lethal; threat 20; Medium and smaller only, Fort (DC equal to damage) or become sprawled).

Florae (+12 XP): The NPC becomes a Medium Plant.  He gains achilles heel (fire), chameleon I (one terrain), condition immunity (bleeding), and damage reduction 1.

Harpy (+10 XP): The NPC gains a fly Speed of 40 ft, Initiative I, improved sense (sight, and Claw I (dmg 1d6 lethal; threat 20; upgrades: grab).

Jiva (+3 XP): The NPC becomes a Medium Jiva and one of his attribute scores rises by 2.  His ground Speed drops by 10 ft and he gains achilles heel (electricity) and lumbering.

Merfolk (+9 XP): The NPC becomes a Swimmer/Walker with +30 ft to his swim Speed and a 10ft ground Speed.  He gains aquatic II, cold-blooded, darkvision I, and damage reduction 1.

Naga (+11 XP): The NPC becomes Large (1x2) and either his Strength or Dexterity rises by 2.  He gains cold-blooded, damage reduction 2, improved stability, improved sense (scent), and Tail Slap I (dmg 1d10 lethal; threat 20; qualities: reach +1).

Nymoth (+7 XP): The NPC becomes a Small Fey Flyer/Walker and gains a fly Speed of 20 ft.  He gains engaging diversion, feat (Agile Flyer, and improved sense (scent).

Slime (+17 XP): The NPC becomes a Medium Ooze.  He gains condition immunity (bleeding), feat (Great Fortitude), sterner stuff, and tough I.

Feral (+7 XP): One of his attribute scores rises by 2 and he gains darkvision I. He also gains two Grade I natural attacks.

Bestiary Changes

Forest Dragon: Change to Walker/Burrower, 120 ft ground/40 ft burrow.

Griffon/Hippogriff (+1 XP): Change Type to Beast, raise Intelligence to 10, Competence I.

Donkey: Raise Charisma to 10.
Mule: Raise Charisma to 6.

Pegasus (+2 XP): Change Type to Beast, raise Intelligence to 10, Competence I, add improved sense (hearing).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:52:05 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
  • May Contain Nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 09:57:56 AM »
New and Changed Paths

* Darkness III: Replace Phantasmal Killer with Concealing Countryside II
* Darkness IV: Replace Mass Cause Wounds III with Nature's Ally IV (nocturnal animals only)

* Death I: You gain Undead Resistance equal to your Death Step.  You may also cast Deathwatch at will.
* Death II: Replace Death Knell with Living Library I
* Death V: You may cast Dominate Undead II once per scene and Hindsight once per adventure.
NOTE: The normal Path works fine for the cliched fantasy "evil death".  However sometimes death should be seen at least as a neutral force rather than a remorseless killer.  This version assume more of a "custodian of the gate" role which allows the Path user power over the dead but not the living.

* Light IV: Replace Light's Grace with Illusionary Image V

* Water V (optional replacement): You gain the portable cover (1/4) class ability (see page 51).

* Cold II: You may cast Polar Ray II and Conjure Elemental II (ice elementals only) once per scene.
NOTE: Path of Cold is from the Book of Holding.

Path of Wood
* Wood I: You gain the Courageous Words feat (Book of Holding p 59).
* Wood II: You may cast Entangle and Goodberry once per scene.
* Wood III: You may cast Divine Power and Verdure once per scene.
* Wood IV: Your Constitution rises by 1 and you may cast Conjure Elemental III (wood elementals only) once per scene.
* Wood V: You gain the take heart class ability (core book p 48).
NOTE: The thematics of this Path borrow a bit from the Wu Xing "wood" which is about rising energy.  Hence Divine Power as a kind of "Growth" spell and the restoration of Vitality via speeches.

Path of Machines
* Machines I: You gain the Constructed Companion feat (construct only).
* Machines I: You may cast Construct Assembly I (standard summon spell, but for constructs) and Tinker II once per scene.
* Machines I: You may Turn constructs a number of times per scene equal to your Machines Step.
* Machines I: All your Constructed Companions' Threat levels are equal to your Career Level.
* Machines I: You may cast Construct Assembly IV and Iron Body once per scene.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:45:39 AM by SilvercatMoonpaw »

paddyfool

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 11:09:12 AM »
An impressive diversity of options :-)

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel