Author Topic: Feruchemy Gunslinging  (Read 618 times)

Kadrok

• Handler
    • View Profile
Feruchemy Gunslinging
« on: August 20, 2014, 03:33:10 PM »
The attribute for shooting is Physique, so obviously Pewter Allomancy is the king of gunslinging Allomancy. But what about Feruchemy? In Feruchemy Allomantic Pewter's job is split between three metals: Gold covers the constitution aspects, Steel the speed aspects, and Pewter the strength aspects.

Discounting Gold for obvious reasons, which metal can be tapped to enhance a roll to shoot a guy with a gun? Pewter (for steady aim?) or Steel (quick targeting and triggering?) or both?

I'm personally leaning towards both, but with Steel being the priority (Steel does get a lot of handouts this supplement, but alacrity in moving your arms into position and fingers to pull the trigger makes more sense than the brute strength of Pewter).

Thoughts? Crafty?

Interesting discussion, but I think rule of cool could reasonably trump mere science in a game about magic powers.   :P

Crafty_Alex

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
    • View Profile
Re: Feruchemy Gunslinging
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 03:49:32 PM »
Steel is king in my book, because of quick drawing and the rapid ability to draw a bead and fire. Looking over the Feruchemical Shot Stunts, you'll see how I broke it down mentally - Pewter's lets you keep a steady aim even when moving and doing acrobatic stuff, while Steel is all about quick drawing, extra attacks, and the like. Tin gets a little love, too, for the accuracy aspects. Gold gets nothing other than the ability to keep your feet during a Pistol Duel - because it's plenty good out of the box :)
"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games

Kadrok

• Handler
    • View Profile
Re: Feruchemy Gunslinging
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:12:29 PM »
Steel is king in my book, because of quick drawing and the rapid ability to draw a bead and fire. Looking over the Feruchemical Shot Stunts, you'll see how I broke it down mentally - Pewter's lets you keep a steady aim even when moving and doing acrobatic stuff, while Steel is all about quick drawing, extra attacks, and the like. Tin gets a little love, too, for the accuracy aspects. Gold gets nothing other than the ability to keep your feet during a Pistol Duel - because it's plenty good out of the box :)
Excellent! Thankyou for the breakdown!
Interesting discussion, but I think rule of cool could reasonably trump mere science in a game about magic powers.   :P