Author Topic: Koloss Twinborn  (Read 2708 times)

cometaryorbit

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
Re: Koloss Twinborn
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 07:55:53 PM »
Kandra Allomancy is theoretically possible if someone knew enough about Hemalurgy, though that's unlikely.
I know... that's why I'm interested in the possibility of Kandra Inquisitors.

Ah, OK, sorry.

I found another quote farther down on that page that says "The process to do so is not known to anyone but Harmony", so it seems unlikely in practice.

But theoretically, yeah, why not?

Well, you probably wouldn't technically get an Inquisitor in the sense of the same altered biology and so on, since Kandra are so different biologically, but given that quote about granting the powers separately, you could probably give them the same powers as an Inquisitor: basic metals + fGold spikes (it'd have to be an Inquisitor without Atium, since there's no one to steal it from and no Atium to burn - well, I guess you could steal Ironeyes's Atium spike, but that sounds dangerous.)

Kadrok

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 08:08:44 PM »
Kandra Allomancy is theoretically possible if someone knew enough about Hemalurgy, though that's unlikely.
I know... that's why I'm interested in the possibility of Kandra Inquisitors.

Ah, OK, sorry.

I found another quote farther down on that page that says "The process to do so is not known to anyone but Harmony", so it seems unlikely in practice.

But theoretically, yeah, why not?
Damn... I edited the post saying... "Sorry, that was rude. I seem to be seeing a statistically relevant increase in my rates of 'getting up other people's noses.' Not a happy Kadrok." and after posting that thought... no one has seen it... I should probably just delete it. And so I did. And then you responded.

You ninja'd my delete. :)

Well, you probably wouldn't technically get an Inquisitor in the sense of the same altered biology and so on, since Kandra are so different biologically, but given that quote about granting the powers separately, you could probably give them the same powers as an Inquisitor: basic metals + fGold spikes (it'd have to be an Inquisitor without Atium, since there's no one to steal it from and no Atium to burn - well, I guess you could steal Ironeyes's Atium spike, but that sounds dangerous.)
I was actually thinking Final Empire era. Have a Kandra with the basic metals, some wicked Kandra stunts and a license to slowly murder, taking the place of your allies. Wicked awesome.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:10:56 PM by Kadrok »
Interesting discussion, but I think rule of cool could reasonably trump mere science in a game about magic powers.   :P

Shpjokk

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »
Cool concept with a Kandra Inquisitor - Though I have to ask, how would the effects on the new hemalurgic construct be? Also, do you think a Kandra could gain sentience from other kinds of Hemalurgic spikes other than blessings? As in, something like using two Atium spikes for Steel Allomancy - would that give a Kandra sentience?

Kadrok

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 03:11:44 PM »
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they need the human attributes spikes for sentience for some reason.
Interesting discussion, but I think rule of cool could reasonably trump mere science in a game about magic powers.   :P