Author Topic: Lord Ruler character stats  (Read 704 times)

mynameistopher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Lord Ruler character stats
« on: August 11, 2014, 02:34:35 PM »
Has anyone tried to put together some Lord Ruler character stats, to see if he is as unbeatable on paper as he is in the books?

Perhaps this will be easier with the new book, since it has rules on compounding!

lord Claincy Ffnord

• Agent
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Ruler character stats
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 05:33:49 PM »
Over on Steelministry we ran a campaign called "Futile Efforts" where we tried to kill tlr using MSA (mighty strong average) characters. Needless to say we failed :P But you can see our stats for him and for our fairly brokenly powerful characters in the Character Sheets section. The action threads are quite long because we had a lot of rule discussion, certain things are not well defined for characters that powerful :P You can read that if you want though, and if you just feel like reading the story I compiled it in the "Fields of Ash and Blood" thread.

Herowannabe

• Operative
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Ruler character stats
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 08:06:09 PM »
Ah, Claincy beat me to it.  ;)

One more little tidbit though, we based our Lord Ruler stats on this statement made by Crafty-Alex:

Also, are any of these going to include stats for The Lord Ruler? I can see why you wouldn't want to get into that before releasing rules for Compounding, but it seemed to be glaringly missing from the core book.  

Honestly, probably not. The Lord Ruler is effectively a demigod. Statting him up would beg people to fight him, and that's not how I see him working in the Mistborn game. If you really need him statted, it's pretty simple: give him every attribute, standing, and allomantic and feruchemical power at 10, plus every stunt. Done :)

I feel inclined to note also that not only did the Lord Ruler win, but we ignored compounding (because we didn't have the rules for it yet), and he didn't use any Atium himself. The players put up a heck of a fight, all in all considering, though.   :)