Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 09:01:51 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Video game news and reaction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video game news and reaction  (Read 163825 times)
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: April 13, 2014, 01:25:19 PM »

Its been my experience I'm looking for different things from a game than the critics are (I found Web of Shadows and most of the Activision Spiderman games #*(&$! Brilliant, but I've heard every kind of complaint about them...). Its quite likely that the gameplay in Star Trek is entirely too slow and too common for a shooting game aficionado. I'm not one - I'm much more interested in the story and environment than a revolution in gameplay in a category I don't do all that often (I'm more fussy about fight games, since I play damn near ALL of those that come out Wink). That its much like every other shooter ever doesn't bother me. I'm looking for things like level design that tries to slightly mask that its a linear path rather than a real place. I like a well dressed set and I think that the aforementioned space station and the Vulcan colony world were both well done sci-fi 'places'.

Tastes will vary Smiley.

*shows up in a sandwich board labeled "Prepare To Die, rants wildly about the atmosphere in Dark Souls, apologizes, leaves again*

AI didn't know you had a fight bone in your body Morg, nevermind a whole skeleton. Cool. Cheesy
What's your disease these days?
It's DoA5U and Tekken Tag 2 and/or Revolution myself. Not quite on top of 2D fighters as much as I used to be, but I still remember which button cancels cannons spikes for a killer bee finisher and some of that.

“VELOCITAS, INCURSIO, VIS” -Latin for “Speed, Surprise, Violence of Action!”
(Thank you Grrl Power).
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: April 13, 2014, 04:56:11 PM »

Gamespot's week-long look at Civ: BE

So it seems Domination is also a victory condition that any Affinity can get.
Funny thing, I clicked the video they have about it, which is the announcement trailer, and what ad did I get before it?  Civ: BE's announcement trailer.   Grin

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: April 14, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »

CCP Games Cancels Development of World of Darkness MMO

RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: April 16, 2014, 09:59:20 PM »

The panel that Civilization: Beyond Earth was announced at.

Includes one of the faction options (Daoming Sochua, Pan-Asian Cooperative) with mention of a second (American Reclamation Corporatocracy, aka "FaceGoogle"), as well as some concept art of some aliens and the Marine progression for the Purity Affinity (Space Marine, basically).

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3529 on: April 17, 2014, 10:59:29 AM »

I am very interested in the many many choices that seem to open up for starting the game.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: