Author Topic: The Expanse discussion thread  (Read 319 times)

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
Re: The Expanse discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 07:09:51 AM »
Drive covers the invention of the Epstien drive, it's useful to understand some of the politics and economics. Syfy has it on the show's website.

Butcher is, unsurprisingly, about Fred and gives some insight into him, the OPA, the UN, and, indirectly, Holden.

Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing without things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
PSN: Krensky_   Steam + GOG: Krensky

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »
Some news: They've revealed the casting choice for what is likely the biggest new role in season two, after Avarasala was moved up to season one.

Alex: "I'll be in my bunk, hoss."
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing without things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 03:03:21 AM »
I'm not sure Ganymede is going happen anywhere near the same way it does in the books.

How then do you think they're going to introduce Bobbi as a main character and have her story mesh with Avasarala's?

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 06:42:36 AM »
I'm not sure. Considering that the primary criticism of Caliban's War is that the plot is rediculously similar to Leviathan Wakes and they folded the conspiracies behind Eros and Ganymede together already I'm expecting parts to happen, but I'm not sure they will be distinct events they way the book has them.

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 12:40:12 PM »
Finally finished The Expanse today.  Picked up Leviathan Wakes from the library to give it a read given that I usually like the original books a tad better than adaptations.  That said, I enjoyed what the folks at SyFy (really, that was a horrible name change) have done with this series so far.

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 04:43:14 PM »
Holden gets a bit more interesting once an old friend returns ... Holden gets most of his development in Abadon Station and Cibola Burn.

Yeah, 3/4 through Gate and while Holden's story has gotten more interesting the man himself not so much; the charisma other narrators ascribe him is an exercise in hilarity.