Author Topic: Video Game News and Such 2016  (Read 19418 times)

Bill Whitmore

• Mastermind
  • Control
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game News and Such 2016
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2016, 09:30:42 PM »
  It's amazing how completely over anything "zombie" I am.

Respecting yourself and Bill as I do, I do confess that I am not. Not quite yet.

Cathartic guilt-free monster-murdering remains a favorite distraction of mine; incidentally Killing Floor 2 is excellent. :-[ ;D

Obviously there are still people who love it. It still sells really well and so long as it sells it will keep being produced and I can't fault them that.

Eh, I don't mind zombies so much as I mind horde shooters/bog-standard survival gameplay. F.ex. still looking forward to State of Decay 2, if only because I liked 1's focus on base building/survivor management.

State of Decay is probably the last zombie game I played and enjoyed.
Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.

RusVal

• Control
  • There are no ends. Only new beginnings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2016, 11:16:29 PM »
To be fair, it does seem that finally, finally the zombie craze is dying down, pun completely intended.  Now we seem to be moving towards Astronautery.  Which, I should point out, is distinctly different than just straight space sci-fi, by which I mean stuff focusing on the more realistic survival element of being an Astronaut.  Heck, one could say that the new CoD game is basically Militarized Astronauts, aside from a few sci-fi-ie elements for gameplay reasons.

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 19, 2016, 12:41:54 AM »
Eh, I don't mind zombies so much as I mind horde shooters/bog-standard survival gameplay. F.ex. still looking forward to State of Decay 2, if only because I liked 1's focus on base building/survivor management.

What I loved about Tribes was that there was a strong element of base defence to be found in the gameplay f you wanted it -- once the correct mod/upgrade had been added to the server to generate things like standard and force walls, sniper turrets and the like. Leaving one or two players running D while the mob ran off on O could be quite standard  (though my favour it tactic in capture the flag games was to set up a teleport near our flag, breach the enemy base and hack their inventory to generate a second teleport and a couple of walls to cut off their access to their flag, then the match in 30 seconds)

I'd love to see a proper asynchronous base defence and/or attack mode in the new ME multiplayer. While the addition of the objective rounds were a nice break from the standard horde rounds, my heart pines for the ability to hold a good fortified position rather than having to constantly run and gun
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:46:11 AM by Mister Andersen »