Author Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda discussion thread  (Read 97 times)

Viperion

• Operative
    • View Profile
Mass Effect: Andromeda discussion thread
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:03:23 PM »
Hey folks,

Thought I'd give this game it's own thread to discuss what it's all about, and when it comes up to talk gameplay experiences (like the X-COM thread we have, and to avoid spamming/making OT posts in the main Video Games thread)

Something I'd like to know that some of you may be able to tell me; is there going to be any ship-flying in the game or does the game proper only start at planetfall?

Edit: Looks like no, from this article from November:
"Part of what made it hard is, we had debates about whether you should be able to manually fly the Tempest all the way around," ME: Andromeda creative director Mac Walters told GameInformer. "Ultimately, we had to say 'Not in this game.' If you try to do too many things, everything starts to suffer. But we had working prototypes of that, and it was compelling, but it wasn't compelling enough."

Cheers
Viperion
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:11:09 PM by Viperion »

OverNinja

• Control
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:05:15 PM »
Might be one of the few games I might even pre-order.
"If somebody is worth shooting once, they're worth shooting twice."
"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."

Viperion

• Operative
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda discussion thread
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »
It's the first game I've ever pre-ordered. I don't know why this has struck such a chord with me, but it just looks like everything I want an action/RPG to be (Fallout just doesn't grab me the right way, with it's real-time freezes to target body parts, among other things)