Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 10:01:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Park Builder
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Park Builder  (Read 3529 times)
Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 12:43:15 AM »

Which SAGA game? ... I recall Marvel's SAGA system card game was not all that bad.... Then again, it was superheroes we were playing.

Living Spycraft Masterm
NezMaster
Handler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 01:00:39 AM »

The new edition of Star Wars is called Star Wars: Saga Edition. IT is presumably the prototype for 4th Edition DND. One giant step backwards for mankind..

90% of all statistics are wrong.
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 01:21:26 AM »

In so many ways you can not imagine.... Their Player's Handbook may be arriving after FantasyCraft hits which will be huge!

Living Spycraft Masterm
Darth Sephiroth
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 03:51:48 PM »

personally, the only thing that Saga does better is a decent dumbing down of the basic rules for a LARP or the like where there isn't as much to remember without the character sheet. Which has led to me trying to find a copy of the two WEG Star Wars LARP books

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »

Star Wars always ran better on the WEG system in general....

Living Spycraft Masterm
Darth Sephiroth
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »

I've only got a few of them from WEG and none of them are the core book. I'd inherited two of the five I've got from a friend who didn't want them (Tales of the Jedi Companion and I think the other is Beasts of the Galaxy or something like that) and I'd bought three of the Adventures books. However, while they looked nice, there seemed to be far more things required in it to cover the different abilities and from what other friends have told me, it would have trouble with the Rise of the Empire era

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 04:58:50 PM »

Actually, having a number of WEG SW books and having run and played it, I'm curious.  What abilities are you referring to and what about the Fall of the Republic period Assuming were talking circa 20 BY is hard to do?  Admittedly you'd have to stat out Clone troopers and Trade Federation droids and what not.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Darth Sephiroth
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 05:19:40 PM »

From what it looks like, having a fully fledged jedi padawan from the very beginning would be difficult, especially with having non-jedi as well.

-Herm Albright
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 05:36:51 PM »

At start of play?  Not an issue as long as you accept that a padawan as shown in the movies is not a 'starting' character.  No different then starting as a third or forth level character.  Also, the main book has at least two force using archetypes if I recall, Young Jedi comes specifically to mind.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Desertpuma
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 06:05:47 PM »

The original WEG Star Wars book had 3: Failed Jedi, Quixotic Jedi, and Young Jedi....

They later revamped part of the system but the original set is still the best with some of the original missions like Tatooine Manhunt, Crisis in Cloud City, and Victory Down? (it involved a Victory Class Star Destroyer and having to make your way through it)

Living Spycraft Masterm
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: