Author Topic: So what would be the security  (Read 9822 times)

Sletchman

• Control
  • Gentleman Scholar.
    • View Profile
    • The SletchWeb
Re: So what would be the security
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 06:47:06 PM »
Nah dude, I'd literally just been watching a clip of the Jon Stewart Show where there was some fruit cake declared Australia wasn't part of the real world and Australians weren't human because we had effective gun control.

"I guess if we're going to go to Planet X and say it' not the United States, it's some other people, different everything... I dunno, yeah. But in the real world, with human beings, it's not going to work."

I just don't even know how to respond to the guy in that video...  I mean, just... Nope, I got nothing.

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »
If there's two things I could get behind as mandatory U.S. Citizen experiences, they'd be 2 years in the military, and 1 year working some drastically crappy retail or service economy job.
I don't care much if suffering builds character; I think the real value is in cultivating empathy.

Would really be Freedom though, would it? ;)
Basic Training and a Christmas season, maybe two is enough.
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 06:06:35 AM »
If there's two things I could get behind as mandatory U.S. Citizen experiences, they'd be 2 years in the military, and 1 year working some drastically crappy retail or service economy job.
I don't care much if suffering builds character; I think the real value is in cultivating empathy.

If its only Basic Training, no USAF or CG.  Everyone goes to the Island.  And you can't wash out before week 3.  And if you wash out, you have to do a Christmas Season and TWO Black Fridays.

Morganti

• Handler
  • Endless Eternity, Eternally Endless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »

If its only Basic Training, no USAF or CG.  Everyone goes to the Island.  And you can't wash out before week 3.  And if you wash out, you have to do a Christmas Season and TWO Black Fridays.
I've done 2 thanksgivings at grocery, 1 black friday/christmas at Best Buy, 3 Black Fridays/Christmas at Gamestop, and several call of duty midnight launches. What do I get?! :D
~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~

Krensky

• Control
  • WWTWD?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 12:41:02 PM »

I've done 2 thanksgivings at grocery, 1 black friday/christmas at Best Buy, 3 Black Fridays/Christmas at Gamestop, and several call of duty midnight launches. What do I get?! :D

Angina.
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing without things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
PSN: Krensky_   Steam + GOG: Krensky

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 01:32:42 PM »
Bacon chocolate chip cookies.
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")

Morganti

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 02:56:18 PM »
mmmm bacon.
~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 03:11:53 PM »

The ability to sit on the "Counsel of Judgement"!  Like.. deciding where to send Lindsay Lohan?  The Black Dolpin?  IDF training?  Fast Food Counter worker in Harlem?

Number Three

• Handler
  • I have become Deathbus, destoyer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Hobbymasters
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 07:04:02 PM »
Guys, I've been working retail for...

Wait a sec...

$#!+, I need more fingers...

TWENTY FIVE YEARS.(killmenow)

Out of those 25, I've probably done 20 Christmahankwanadans (we don't send children to war in this country.)
These have been in family businesses, so you can knock my service by saying I've never dropped into a Black Friday hotzone.

What the hell do I get?

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »
Guys, I've been working retail for...

Wait a sec...

$#!+, I need more fingers...

TWENTY FIVE YEARS.(killmenow)

Out of those 25, I've probably done 20 Christmahankwanadans (we don't send children to war in this country.)
These have been in family businesses, so you can knock my service by saying I've never dropped into a Black Friday hotzone.

What the hell do I get?

*Gets out his math calculator.  Borrows a few of the beefier server racks from his floor.  Consults NASA.  Has tea with Einstein.  sighs and nods*  It's official.  Duke the Lord Kingship, His Highness of Retail, Thee Thrice.

Morganti

• Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 08:24:09 PM »
I put in my 15 years and then moved on... now I am jobless and seriously considering going back to retail :(
~D~

Sletchman

• Control
  • Gentleman Scholar.
    • View Profile
    • The SletchWeb
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »
I had 2 of my staff call in sick on the first 24 hour trading (a misnomer - it's actually like 36, 9am till 9pm the next day) for christmas.  So I worked a 28 hour shift that day.  It was.... not awesome.  At least I made bank like a bandit - like 18 of those hours were at around 4 times my usual wage.  Still, it sucked (christmas + that length of time working).

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 06:31:36 AM »
I've only ever done 3 months of retail.  That was during my transition from Grizzly Bear to Koala Bear.  Sadly.. I worked November / December / January.  I worked Black Friday, Week before Christmas, day after Christmas and New Year's day.  ...I am no longer applicable for Best Buy employment in my lifetime...

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 06:32:55 AM »
  ...I am no longer applicable for Best Buy employment in my lifetime...
Is that actually bad?

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 06:37:57 AM »
  ...I am no longer applicable for Best Buy employment in my lifetime...
Is that actually bad?

...the court fine and legal fees were..