Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 09:12:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Thoughts on dragons...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on dragons...  (Read 642 times)
Maliloki
Recruit

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2012, 09:36:10 AM »

I've been tooling around with the idea of merging the alloy of law era with some ideas from the eberron setting. most transitions without issue (ie, replacing mage tech with steampunk tech), and most races(if my world is going to have things beyond humans and kandra) aren't an issue other if i just eliminate racial bonuses and it becomes more flavor for roleplaying rather than mechanical benefit.

But dragons...i like dragons and think they should be beyond mere mortals.

i was thinking of having dragons have an advanced form of ferucemy(sorry for spelling) where they form a bond with the treasures they hoard in their lairs and can access their power from range(this is how they fly despite their bulk and why they hoard gold).

another thought was that there'd only be metallic dragons(not coordinating with alignment) and whatever kind they are, the have the compounding effect of that metal. (gold dragons would be nigh unkillable)

thoughts? also, please forgive ramblings and spelling, this is posted via my phone while im on a break
Leonerd
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 01:04:13 PM »

I think the easiest way to make dragons would be hemalurgy, since it's possible to create new species.

Dragons can fly (steel and iron allomancy?) and breathe fire (feruchemical brass), so that's doable with three spikes. Depending on what you want you could add some other abilities as well. Double-gold sounds good too, dragons are supposed to be wise (allomantic gold insight) and immortal (feruchemical gold).
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »

Oh, here's a thought. What if the virgin sacrifice thing isn't about giving dragons a ritually appropriate meal of appeasment, but instead much like the koloss is how they reproduce

Maliloki
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »

Nifty ideas.

The main reason i went with feruchemy rather than hemalurgy was cause i didn't want every non human beastie to be hemalurgic. That and im not worried about fitting it into the cannon of the mistborn world. I also liked the idea that the terris(or whoever can use feruchemy in my world) would have dragon blood in them which is why they'd be feruchemists, but not have the full capabilities that the dragons have. the power is diluted over the generations as is in the books.

again, purley my take on dragons with a mistborn twist. If it helps out someone else's campaign, mores the better cause i don't know if ill ever get to actually run what im tooling around with.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: