Author Topic: Webapp to manage character sheets  (Read 432 times)

jasom

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Webapp to manage character sheets
« on: February 04, 2016, 10:24:57 AM »
I wrote an online tool for managing character sheets that my group uses, and thought others might like it too.  However, I don't really want to host a public server of it as Managing public servers is a pain (as the recent turmoil on this site has shown).  So I made a docker image, and if anybody in your group runs a linux server, then they can probably follow the instructions here: http://jasom.github.io/cl-fccs/ to set it up on their own server and create accounts (they will need a 2nd edition PDF for it to work) .

Feedback is welcome, I know it has some warts still, but it's been quite useful; it can make printable PDF character sheets, or export to roll20 so you don't necessarily need it open during the game.

Here's an example of it's output (does not render correctly in firefox, but any other PDF viewer seems to work): https://phab.jasom.org/orfiles/demo.pdf

mmgarcia30

• Crafty n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Webapp to manage character sheets
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »
Thanks mate

I will set up a docker in my server next weekend, and test it with my players group.

Cheers.

jasom

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 11:41:58 AM »
Thanks mate

I will set up a docker in my server next weekend, and test it with my players group.

Cheers.

Great, let me know if you have any issues.

Also, with the site redesign, the form-fillable character sheets are gone from the crafty-games site; if you don't have a copy and want one, I can put it up somewhere.

jasom

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 01:18:14 PM »
Oh, also let me know if you use Adventurer's Companion, Time of High Adventure, or Call To Arms... I don't have support for anything but the core rulebook yet, but I'd be able to add support for one or two sometime in the next month if you use one of them.