FYI, I've made some very simple changes to make the sheet a little less harsh to look at. I could have just ripped out all color and gone black and white, but that would have been a bit more work.
COINCIDENTALLY to that change (i.e. it's not my fault!!) the server that was serving one of the background images I used went down. I've now changed the sheet to using a different background and added an alternative one as well so that shouldn't happen again (until it does
The reason I didn't change the color scheme is that there are some pretty nice sheets out there that have added some UI control over the sheet, and I intend to add that as part of the whole body of work to tab-ify it.
There are some other very nice changes waiting in the wings thanks to additional capabilities being added by the roll20 developers. But, those probably won't materialize for months practically speaking.
So, unfortunately, the sheet probably looks pretty bad right now. It'll have to get merged into the baseline and then pushed to the server before the fix is realized. Hopefully, I kindly worded e-mail will get the ball rolling a little faster.