Author Topic: Announcing new greatly expanded Roll20 character sheet  (Read 3770 times)

bits

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
Re: Announcing new greatly expanded Roll20 character sheet
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »

Hrrmm…  Point granted.  I always forget that.

I should also point out that, although I'm announcing these changes here, it's because I got the notification that they had been merged into the main trunk of the repository.  That does NOT mean they are available on the server.  Only logging in and checking will do that.

Perhaps I should add a version number to the top...
Analog dos mirabus spirae cuttar, nimbus hypnosticos lazzum bid-dar!

Shasjas

• Crafty n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 02:28:04 PM »
Can I humbly request a black and white version? My group is finding the current colour scheme a tad hard on the eyes.
Other than that good job and thanks for your work.

bits

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 07:47:05 AM »

Again, noted.  I'll be working on this in the future.

bits

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »

FYI, I've made some very simple changes to make the sheet a little less harsh to look at.  I could have just ripped out all color and gone black and white, but that would have been a bit more work.

COINCIDENTALLY to that change (i.e. it's not my fault!!) the server that was serving one of the background images I used went down.  I've now changed the sheet to using a different background and added an alternative one as well so that shouldn't happen again (until it does :P).

The reason I didn't change the color scheme is that there are some pretty nice sheets out there that have added some UI control over the sheet, and I intend to add that as part of the whole body of work to tab-ify it.

There are some other very nice changes waiting in the wings thanks to additional capabilities being added by the roll20 developers.  But, those probably won't materialize for months practically speaking.

So, unfortunately, the sheet probably looks pretty bad right now.  It'll have to get merged into the baseline and then pushed to the server before the fix is realized.  Hopefully, I kindly worded e-mail will get the ball rolling a little faster.

bits

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 12:19:12 PM »

Work continues.  For May:

• I've added a UI control button at the top left of the sheet to turn off the red background as well as some Logo control.  This is a skeleton to which I hope to add more stuff, like other Logos (after receiving permission), other backgrounds and Campaign Qualities.
  • I've changed the Combat and Non-Combat abilities input text fields to be textarea fields that are vertically adjustable.  Now when copy/pasting long descriptions into the box it will appear but will be minimal vertical space at the start.  For some users this appears to cause the field to wrap to the next line below, but not everyone. Feedback on this is very welcome.  Including Browser/OS version.
  •   I've corrected a very annoying (and hard to find) width adjustment bug in the Spellbook section that caused elements in the field to shift around when clicking on certain buttons.
  •   I've added a Initiative roll button/Initiative tracker.  NOTE: You must have a token selected that you control to populate the Turn Tracker.  I would get an error warning me of this, but not sure if that happens to everyone.
  •   Fixed a calculation bug in Weapon #2 that dropped weapon proficiency when calculating attack bonus.
  •   Added a Holdings section
  •   Adjusted width of Gear to occupy full 100% of sheet
  •   Added state tracking to Hide/Show toggle of Spellbook so that it remembers last setting.
  •   Changed Divine Paths input text element to be textarea element similar to Combat/Non-Combat ones.

Next, will look at adding Magic Items, Contacts, Campaign Qualities, and start Tab-ifying the different sections (i.e., Character, Skills, Combat, Spells, Gear)

As always, feedback invited.

bits

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 08:05:22 AM »

Found a bug in the non-combat ability names that caused them to disappear as well.  Corrected it, but fix will take couple of weeks to appear as changes get merged.  non-com notes/effects are still there.

saiyanslayer

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 09:06:41 AM »
Awesome work so far guys!

I noticed the abilities textbox is a bit too far left, cutting a bit of the text typed into off on our screens.

Also, how's the NPC sheet coming along?  I'm modifying my NPC generator ATM into a GM tool package, and I could configure an output to autofill a prepared NPC sheet.  Is it possible to import a NPC into Roll20 by just pasting a bunch of text?  Would there have to be a field created just for this purpose?

TheVastator

• Handler
  • Everything is better with pirates!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 01:41:26 AM »
yes, you can import text, just copy/paste it in a journal/character :)
where could I find your npc generator? I'd like to check that out.

Foghorn

• Operative
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 02:00:39 PM »
Just to make sure everyone's aware of meadicus's NPC generator already...

http://www.meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/NPCBuilder.html

saiyanslayer

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 08:19:12 PM »
yes, you can import text, just copy/paste it in a journal/character :)
where could I find your npc generator? I'd like to check that out.

I was hoping to confirm the output to automatically work with the API to generate rolls. 

I have an olrder version on the site, and there's the NPc generator online from meadicus

bits

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 06:58:03 PM »

Hello all,

Sorry I've been absent for awhile, I'm in the process of moving house, countries, continents, and time zones so things are in a bit of a state internet-wise.  Hopefully, I'll be back online in the next week.  I believe I have some pending changes for some bug fixes that jameswllorimer messaged me but didn't have time to check in.

@saiyanslayer: not sure what you mean by 'confirm the output to automatically work with the API to generate rolls'?  Are you talking about the structure of the sheet to work with scripting on the site, or are you talking about dragging/dropping rolls to your quick-roll toolbar or something completely different?

Again, until Internet access is established at my new dwelling, replies may be spotty.  Sorry.

saiyanslayer

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 08:45:34 AM »

@saiyanslayer: not sure what you mean by 'confirm the output to automatically work with the API to generate rolls'?  Are you talking about the structure of the sheet to work with scripting on the site, or are you talking about dragging/dropping rolls to your quick-roll toolbar or something completely different?

Both actually.  As of now, you have to enter everything manually.  I'd like to automate that for NPCs

bits

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 07:22:07 PM »

There are scripts that were written to calculate standard character saves and for tracking conditions.  I don't know a lot about these, but you can read about them here:

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/468108/slug%7D
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/803361/slug%7D

The 2nd one may be affected partially by the sheet since some of the actions it indicates it can control are related to attributes which is how the character sheets work.  Not sure, I've not had time to investigate.

The standard character damage saves tracking does require you to adhere to some conventions as far as the 3 colored circles that are used by the tokens.  Scripts are something else I was going to investigate after I got further along with the sheet but again...  time.

As for dragging/dropping, this is one of the bugs I discovered with jameswllorimer that some of the rolls were missing a name attribute (as I recall) which prevented them from being draggable.  It'll get fixed when I get my head above water with my move.  I've only got occasional wifi access from a hotel andi it's pretty slow....   :-\

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 08:42:14 AM »
Has there been any future additions or is it all set to go?

Living Spycraft Masterm