Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 12:37:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Well that was unexpected - Zero willpower for all!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well that was unexpected - Zero willpower for all!  (Read 408 times)
Leviathan
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »

This is following on from http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=7542.0

Another member of the party betrayed the others (to try and save the house) and ended up being turned into a Steel Inquisitor for her troubles (he, what else do you do with a Mistborn who knows about Hemalurgy and a couple of secret metals? Kind of a waste to harvest them).

We end up in a fight with her and another Steel Inquisitor on one side, and the party Feruchemist, 'Inquisitor of Ruin', and Pewterarm.
Lets just say there was a lot of fighting and after one shot of Duralumin-enhanced Rioting from each side, the entire group's willpower was dropped to Zero (or about negative ten in one case).
Everyone bar the 'party inquisitor' (Cylee) ended up with the burden something along the lines of "Cylee is awesome", and Cylee had the burden "I don't know which side I should be on", and severely guilt ridden.

The session ended with the party stumbling out of the warehouse they'd been fighting in, finding a 'park like' area and sitting around in a daze trying to work out what to do, and watching the warehouse district slowly burn down (yeah, the Feruchemist accidentally set it on fire).
intothebreach
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:57:17 PM »

Well, you need to find a way to restore at least one point of willpower to someone. I would recommend having some sort of allegory for recent events be played out by children in the park... ending with some cleverly concealed message about hope or sommat. Or just have Ruin prod someone with a spike into activity.
Leviathan
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 12:54:53 AM »

That's a possibility yeah. Or just waiting for the players to resolve the burdens with the IC discussion going on (one PC, whose specialty is Ethics and guilt-tripping, is currently 'dying', or will be soon, due to loss of temporary HP from Gold. He plans to suicide (store *all* his health in his Goldmind and burn himself out) to force Cylee to see the error of siding with the Ministry if he has to.

I forsee the party attacking the Ministry rather soon, and gloriously getting slaughtered by the Lord Ruler Smiley
intothebreach
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 08:11:44 PM »

I forsee the party attacking the Ministry rather soon, and gloriously getting slaughtered by the Lord Ruler Smiley

Always the best way end a session.

Anyway, watching one of your comrades die doesn't seem like the best way cheer someone up. It might make them determined in the right circumstances, but dazed, spiked up, and bleeding in a park doesn't seem like one of them to me. I could be(probably am) wrong.
tecslicer
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 12:39:28 AM »

Hoid.  Comes in, and plays his flute and tells them a story... Cool
intothebreach
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 02:04:24 AM »

Hoid.  Comes in, and plays his flute and tells them a story... Cool

Scadrial it up, and i think we've got a damn good solution to his problem.  Cool
Leonerd
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 01:58:11 AM »

0 Willpower sounds like the perfect opportunity for Ruin to sneak nto Cylee's mind and try to take complete control over her. How about a mental discussion with whoever Ruin decides to appear as? Defeating him should give her the resolve she needs.

That was in a different system, but I thought it really interesting and it kind of fits the situation. Feel free to use some of it:

The group had recovered a powerful artefact and was back at their church. The priest had just gotten back from giving his report to the higher-ups when suddenly the temple was under attack by a powerful demon. We were all running around and trying to fight back or escape. He went off to check on the abbot who gave him the artefact and told him to keep it save from the demon, unfortunately the demon caught up with him pretty quick. At this point most party members were all over the place in critical condition and he ended up making a deal with the demon to save himself.

Then he woke up.

Turns out the whole attack was a dream created by the abbot and the inquisition to test his resolve. (We still don't know if he failed, but the rest of us players agreed that he should have jumped out of the window.) Anyway, the funny thing about that was that the rest of us didn't know we were just actors in a dream. The DM had thought about telling us our roles, but decided to just let it play out and it worked really well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: