Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 04:26:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft Third Edition
| | |-+  Spycraft Third Edition: First Proper Playtest Session
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spycraft Third Edition: First Proper Playtest Session  (Read 1933 times)
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »

Alex and I are up in Portland giving the new Spycraft rules their first run through the paces. I'm taking notes as Alex runs, and also live-blogging over on Facebook...

Crafty Games Facebook Page

Thread 1

Thread 2

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »

Pics

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Desertpuma
Control

Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 08:54:12 AM »

Sounds like it was an undeniable classic!

Living Spycraft Masterm
Jake
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:38:52 AM »

" I will double-tap our way out of this Chechnyan hellhole..."

I had a comment before I read this. I can't remember what it was, my mind just keeps yelling "/QUOTE".

Founding member of the 10kBLF (Ten Thousand Bullets Liberation Front).
ErikB
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »

I don't suppose people are recording it...

Possibly too early, but still.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 03:46:10 PM »

I don't suppose people are recording it...

Possibly too early, but still.

Yeah, there's really no way to release a recording this early. Those players were all under NDA, anyway.

We're making progress. Real progress. Nothing major broke during the test, and everyone was really happy with what they saw. There are rough edges, but we're getting there, which means we're on schedule at our end.*

* And no, we can't reveal what our schedule looks like yet, but it doesn't extend that far out. There will be chances to see the game sooner than you might think.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Sketchpad
Recruit

Taking on the Bad Guys Since 1980

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »

There will be chances to see the game sooner than you might think.

That would be AWESOME!

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer | Sketchpad Studios
DeviantART Portfolio
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 01:51:10 AM »

Can I make the polite suggestion that you break some Spellbound news?  It's struck a few people I know as weird that you're talking Spycraft 3 a fair bit recently while not updating us on the product we paid for very nearly 18 months ago.

I know that sounds harsh, but I honestly can't think of a nicer way to put it.  For that I apologise.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 03:07:12 AM »

Can I make the polite suggestion that you break some Spellbound news?  It's struck a few people I know as weird that you're talking Spycraft 3 a fair bit recently while not updating us on the product we paid for very nearly 18 months ago.

I know that sounds harsh, but I honestly can't think of a nicer way to put it.  For that I apologise.

Things tend to happen concurrently, if we want to get anything done. SC3 has been discussed lately because we just had our second summit on the topic where we nailed down the last niggling bits prior to doing a proper draft. So forgive us if we're a bit excited.

Spellbound is Pat's only project at this time, as I am taking the lead on SC3 currently. He will update you in the Spellbound thread, rather than here - the most recent update was made 5 days before he headed to my place for the summit, from which he returned home just 2 days ago.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:10:58 AM by Crafty_Alex » Logged

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

Derp - I was multi-tabbing and I thought I had replied to the Spellbound thread.  My bad.

I want to say that I totally get what you mean and where you're coming from.  The entire reason for my post is gaming buddies of mine that aren't forum members saw the update on facebook and got kinda nervous about it (and it was followed up with a lot of "Is Spellbound cancelled?  Did they put that it's delayed after SC3 on the forum?" type questions).  It's easy for us regulars to go "Yeah, they're excited about positive playtesting, it's cool, I mean who wouldn't be excited?"  Like I said - just a suggestion to allay the fears of those that don't "get it".  If only all the players joined the forums, eh?
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 12:02:21 PM »

Spellbound s not cancelled, rest assured in that. But it is not an all-hands project, either.

Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 02:32:03 AM »

First, I remain proud to be a part of this community. You guys may occasionally step out of line, but you (almost) always come around in the end, especially when someone calls you to the mat. It's nice to spend time on the web with adults. Thank you.

Now, since Alex has already done the dirty work here and explained that it's not cool to jump on project threads asking about other projects (so everyone's clear - it's not, at all), follow me over to the Spellbound thread and let's talk for a bit.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 03:05:02 AM »

I honestly thought I was replying to the Spellbound thread.  If I had have noticed my posting error before Alex replied, rather then after, I would have simply deleted my original reply and reposted it in its intended location.  I could make excuses, but it's still just an honest mistake.  In future I guess I'll just force all of my mates to join the forum, rather then try be some kind of one man Crafty conduit.
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 03:11:17 AM »

I honestly thought I was replying to the Spellbound thread.  If I had have noticed my posting error before Alex replied, rather then after, I would have simply deleted my original reply and reposted it in its intended location.  I could make excuses, but it's still just an honest mistake.  In future I guess I'll just force all of my mates to join the forum, rather then try be some kind of one man Crafty conduit.

I know, and we both get it. Posting to the Spellbound thread in the first place would have helped on the surface, but it still would have led to the same place - because in the end there's really no chance that Spellbound's moved forward meaningfully while I was up in Portland working on Spycraft, as I had to be.

The up shot is, "don't steal one project's thunder to drum up thunder for another." When we have something to say, we'll say it.

Also, don't fret that projects have been canceled unless we say they've been canceled. For the record, we've canceled only one project recently, and that's Looking Glass Wars (which we mentioned at Gen Con, for those wondering if they missed an announcement somewhere). Lots of other stuff - basically everything not on the Development page - is on indefinite hold and shouldn't be expected anytime soon, but nothing else has been outright canceled. Certainly not Spellbound.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »