Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 10:55:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Martial Artist Questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Martial Artist Questions  (Read 497 times)
Jackal_mkII
Agent

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2012, 04:52:03 PM »

Greetings all! Rolling a Martial Artist and just need to verify a couple of things.
Wuxia I: Since the Jump check is not capped by height the total distance jumped is d20 + Skill bonus + 5 + 50%. Does this mean that if I roll a 20 and have a bonus of 5, then 25 + 5 +50% = 45? With a running start, my character leaps 9 squares, no Threat activation required, even if their total speed is only 20ft?

Finishing Move: If my target is a special character, and I would do damage to his wounds, I can deal no damage to impair one of his Attributes to exactly 1. If I impair his CON to 1, does that mean his max wounds becomes 1? If it's a particularly Tough Standard, does his damage Save now take a -5 attribute bonus?

http://jackaldice.blogspot.com/  Noob gamer reconciles 4 years of gaming observations. Updates Wednesdays.
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 05:26:01 PM »

Don't have my books handy so I'm not going to try for the first one.

On the second, were you at my table, I would rule that the Standard goes down or spends his first grade of Tough - however, that is houserule territory.  However, I believe your explanation to be correct in both cases for the RAW.

Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 05:42:19 PM »

Greetings all! Rolling a Martial Artist and just need to verify a couple of things.
Wuxia I: Since the Jump check is not capped by height the total distance jumped is d20 + Skill bonus + 5 + 50%. Does this mean that if I roll a 20 and have a bonus of 5, then 25 + 5 +50% = 45? With a running start, my character leaps 9 squares, no Threat activation required, even if their total speed is only 20ft?

Finishing Move: If my target is a special character, and I would do damage to his wounds, I can deal no damage to impair one of his Attributes to exactly 1. If I impair his CON to 1, does that mean his max wounds becomes 1? If it's a particularly Tough Standard, does his damage Save now take a -5 attribute bonus?

He only cleared 30 feet because his base move of 20 reduces his jump to two-thirds.

Temporary impairment doesn't effect wounds. No both would be at -5 for con based as based saves.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Jackal_mkII
Agent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 12:12:29 AM »

Quick responses and so few questions left for me to ask...   Man, I love this forum.

Thanks for the clarification.

http://jackaldice.blogspot.com/  Noob gamer reconciles 4 years of gaming observations. Updates Wednesdays.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: