Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 09:38:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Prerequisites: How do they have to be met?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prerequisites: How do they have to be met?  (Read 554 times)
Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »

We had just a little rules discussion:
If an expert class requires a certain feat, do you have to take this feat at the latest one level before you take the expert class level, or is it enough if you gain the feat on the same level  (e.g. you delay the expert level until lvl.6)?

Plan B: Use more fire
Creamor
cjs65
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »

The way the Career Level rules on p.27 are written suggests that the table 1.4 benefits (feats, interests etc.) are gained first and then you advance a class level. So yes, you could gain a prerequisite feat and then an expert class level at the same career level. That's how I read it...
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:51:44 PM »

The way the Career Level rules on p.27 are written suggests that the table 1.4 benefits (feats, interests etc.) are gained first and then you advance a class level. So yes, you could gain a prerequisite feat and then an expert class level at the same career level. That's how I read it...

That is correct.

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
Ares
Control

deus ex machina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 03:45:03 PM »

Thanks, that would have been my interpretation too (sadly not that of my GM Undecided )

Plan B: Use more fire
Creamor
Goodlun
Operative

Yeah thats me with my Judo Gi and an AK-47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »

Thanks, that would have been my interpretation too (sadly not that of my GM Undecided )

Well this is when you show him the first page with the writing credits than show him Alex Flagg's post right above yours.

That is not to say he isn't welcome to run his game his way.  However it is how it was intended for the game to run.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: