Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 08:32:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Question about upgrading gear
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about upgrading gear  (Read 463 times)
Korik1
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:49:54 AM »

If my character has a piece of gear, say partial hardened leather, and he wants to improve it with an upgrade, say fitted, how much would this cost and how long would it take? I don't know if upgrading old gear is in the rules and I've missed it, or if it's not really addressed. Some help would be appreciated.

Everyone is normal, UnTiL yOu GeT tO kNoW tHeM.
Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 03:53:43 AM »

If my character has a piece of gear, say partial hardened leather, and he wants to improve it with an upgrade, say fitted, how much would this cost and how long would it take? I don't know if upgrading old gear is in the rules and I've missed it, or if it's not really addressed. Some help would be appreciated.

The closest is that the Craft skill has "Build or Improve Object".  Unfortunately, it doesn't have specific rules for upgrading items, so I'll share my thoughts.

I'd charge coin equal to the upgrade cost (100s + 200% = 200s charged) and time based on the item (Hardened Leather is W, so at least a week).  It would require a complexity allowance of 15 (Skill bonus + career level + feat modifications), and the modifier's skill check would determine precisely how long it takes (again - minimum of 1 week).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: