Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2015, 06:20:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Skaa: Tin and Ash
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skaa: Tin and Ash  (Read 2109 times)
Kadrok
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 04:51:16 PM »

I'm curious. The Terris supplement had a history of the people group, and we know that the Final Empire hasn't always been under the plantation system (It's, like, only 300 years old according to Elend's book, right), so I wonder what other systems the regional Skaa would have been under?

Gargoyle
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 07:07:48 PM »

I wonder what other systems the regional Skaa would have been under?
Well, not communism, I can tell you that.

I guess (one) big question here is whether the plantation system was a step up or down from before.
It's also interesting to note that the plantation system was the basis of the economy, but there were a lot of city skaa. I wonder if they were "owned" by city nobles, or whether they were somewhat free?
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 03:44:40 PM »

I'm curious. The Terris supplement had a history of the people group, and we know that the Final Empire hasn't always been under the plantation system (It's, like, only 300 years old according to Elend's book, right), so I wonder what other systems the regional Skaa would have been under?

My guess is either full-blown slavery, or a very strict caste system. Seeing as the plantation is a step up, and in it nobles are basically leasing skaa from the Lord Ruler, both seem strong possibilities (depending if you think things are getting "better" or "worse" over time).

"Alex doesn't feel anything. He's more word processor than man anymore." - Krensky

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci

A reminder.

Alex Flagg
Crafty Games
cometaryorbit
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 12:18:38 PM »

I would generally imagine things would tend to have gotten worse as the influence of Ruin wore on TLR's mind.
Kadrok
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 07:27:16 PM »

My guess is either full-blown slavery, or a very strict caste system. Seeing as the plantation is a step up, and in it nobles are basically leasing skaa from the Lord Ruler, both seem strong possibilities (depending if you think things are getting "better" or "worse" over time).
What is interesting to me is, how do City Skaa fit into the system? The Tradesmen morph into an almost full blown Middle Class fairly quickly once the Final Empire ends, and they seem to have far more freedom than the Plantation Skaa... how does this work? If the Lord Ruler leases the Plantation Skaa to the Nobles, are the City Skaa "unleased"? Anyway, I look forward to Tin and Ash and how you make all of this work.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: