Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 10:37:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Adaptations and Suplements
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adaptations and Suplements  (Read 364 times)
Aiken Frost
Recruit

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:14:22 PM »

So, any news regarding supplements for Mistborn RPG?

Also, did anybody out there adapted other settings to this system? I was having a few ideas to adapt some "magics" from Way of Kings and the Awakening (I think that's the name, at least Tongue ) from Warbreaker for a future Cosmere-crossover gamer. Also, I began thinking about Dresden Files in this system, because why not? Grin

What have you guys already done with it?

The Mistborn RPG is really malleable rules-wise and that allows a lot of craziness. That's one of my favorite things about it, even though I rarely play it around here.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 04:42:42 PM »

So, any news regarding supplements for Mistborn RPG?

Hey there,

As a matter of fact, we do have supplements in the pipe for the Mistborn Adventure Game - 4 in fact, beyond the upcoming Alloy of Law supplement - but we're not quite ready to start announcing them until we have the first few laid out and approved by Brandon's office. You'll see more on that front in the coming 4-6 weeks.

The Mistborn RPG is really malleable rules-wise and that allows a lot of craziness. That's one of my favorite things about it, even though I rarely play it around here.

Thanks! Glad to hear you're digging the system and its flexibility. One of the major benefits of having a classless narrative system is it can go nearly anyway. I had a funky Inception-style one shot using the system I used to test the system way back when...maybe someday, in the far away time, I will slap it together into a PDF. Maybe.

Dreamstreamer
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »

Well, Alex mentioned a few days ago that Thieves in the Ninth House is progressing between revisions and approvals. I take that to be a good sign that it is close*.

I haven't seen any forum announcements (formal or informal) on the Alloy of Law or Secrets of Scadrial supplements mentioned in the Mistborn Adventure Game, but I also wouldn't be too surprised if Pat and Alex have something planned for the Mistborn Adventure Game right around the corner. They've become (understandably) rather tight-lipped on release dates after dealing with the delays surrounding the Mistborn Adventure Game. For example, just look at the new Call to Arms Wave 4 they just put up for sale for Fantasy Craft. They slip a few images out to tease the fans for a couple of days and then WHAM-MO! New content!

I like the thought of porting Brandon's other works over and having a crazy crossover event, but I don't remember if any of the other posters have already started on it or not.

Your comment has summoned to my mind the idea of using the game in a high school teen drama sort of way. Hear me out! Physique is the realm of the jocks, Charm for the preps/socialites, and Wits for the nerds. Resources might need some tweaking to represent a parent's money or the ability to acquire goods at school, but Influence could likely remain unchanged. I think I'm feeling a little bit goofy, but what if we change Spirit to School Spirit? A few more reskins and we have the Lord Ruler as Principal, Houses represented by teachers, and Obligators as hall monitors, snitches, and teacher's pets. Steel Inquisitors? Vice Principal, maybe? At least, "Enforcer" seemed to be in the job description of the VP at the high school I attended. Keepers can potentially be tutors (from that dangerous, free-thinking university in the next city over) or student aides, depending on age.

So, given that, what would the Crew be? Both family and childhood friends work as reasons for the Crew to be together, but they would need some way to deal with the social stratification presented by cliques, and might require a bit more solo time if they can't be "seen together" at school. Motivation could be tricky. That said, I've seen more than a couple of movies about teenagers discovering some terrible secret about their principal and the shenanigans they participate in to oust the evil authority figure; they even cross the established social boundaries to do so, if I'm remembering right.

Of course, I would be sorely tempted to set it in space...and add ninjas...

*For certain definitions of close.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: