Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 02, 2015, 06:10:41 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  Power Moves - Arcade Martial Arts for Mastercraft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Power Moves - Arcade Martial Arts for Mastercraft  (Read 1766 times)
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2015, 08:55:46 AM »

Yeah, I'm relying on the Unarmed Combat feats to resolve a number issues so it's becoming clearer to me what they have to encompass. Establishing that pool really is the next major step to getting this to all hang together. Its competing for attention with a deeper look at resolving weapon use interactions, but I think resolving the feats is more important (if also more time-intensive).

I'm looking at adding a general rule when you get the same move from two sources. There's some balance issues still being worked, but it should be fairly simple in effect (e.g. adds a +1 bonus to hit and damage when using that move).

I've added a 1-point "Topple" quality that is a cheaper alternative for many attacks that can knockdown a target. This may make a lot of throw concepts easier to model.

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2015, 09:30:08 AM »

What about multiple versions of a move reducing the AD cost to activate crits/expand threat range instead of increasing hit/damage bonus?

Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »

I kind of like the reduced action dice to activate- that puts in in a different track than things you could have just paid more points to build into the move in the first place.

I think I've got the kernel of a good strategy for the Unarmed Combat tree feats to be used as prerequisites. I'd like to do them as 2 feat chains instead of three simply because of the higher cost of getting to supremacy in the Power moves chains. It also lets me dodge some overlap with existing feats.

Acrobatic Challenger/Fighter (Chun-Li, Vega - triangle-jump characters)
Agile Challenger/Fighter (Cammy, Guy - leaping throw characters)
Backlash Challenger/Fighter (Athena, Rugal - reflector characters)
Boxing Challenger/Fighter (Balrog, Axel Rose, Dudley - formal boxers)
Drifting Challenger/Fighter (Some versions of Bison - floating characters)
Hardened Challenger/Fighter (armored/tough characters)
Kicking Challenger/Fighter (Juri, Kim Kapwhan - predominantly kicking)
Mystic Challenger/Fighter (Dhalsim, Bison, Akuma - teleporters)
Open Hand Challenger/Fighter (Geese - trap throw characters)
Sniper Challenger/Fighter (Ryu, Sagat - projectile mastery characters)
Street Fighting Challenger/Fighter (Guile, Terry Bogard - practical boxers)
Wresting Challenger/Fighter (Zangief, Big Bear - power slam characters)

Possible armed styles with~
Archer Challenger/Fighter ( Bow characters)
Blade Challenger/Fighter (Eiji - edged weapon characters)
Bludgeon Challenger/Fighter (Sodom, Run-go - blunt weapon characters)
Gun-kata Challenger/Fighter (Vermillion, Tetragrammaton Clerics - firearms characters)

Agile Challenger
  Benefit: When you make attacks with the Grab quality, you do not have to compare Strength scores with the target.

Mystic Fighter
  Benefit: When you make a standard move you may spend 1 Edge to instead flash-step that distance.

Wrestling Challenger
  Benefit: When you make attacks with the Grab quality, you do not have to compare Dexterity scores with the target.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:09:37 PM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: