Author Topic: KickStarter thread  (Read 39793 times)

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
Re: KickStarter thread
« Reply #375 on: May 01, 2016, 08:39:25 AM »
It's true. The Mistborn: House War Kickstarter does indeed launch next month. Probably toward the end of the month, but next month nonetheless.

It's a kickass strategic negotiation game designed by my old friend Kevin Wilson, who co-designed Classic Spycraft with me waaaaaaay back in the day. It's been amazing getting to work with him again, and to expand the Mistborn game world with such a worthy new title.

Alex, Ed, and I have been slaving away at this one for months and months and months. It'll be great to finally get it out there for people.

I know I'll probably get a "You'll have to wait and see", but 'strategic negotation' something along the rough lines of say Settlers of Catan or Twilight Imperium?  Because if so, I cannot wait for another board game to hit the table that causes divorce and ends friendships!  (Seriously, as much fun as Settlers is, the amount of rage that game can generate is close to Monopoly level.)

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #376 on: May 01, 2016, 11:29:54 AM »
Are you guys taking your sheep too seriously, or are my friends not taking it seriously enough?  (Sheep roads are the comfiest.)

Munchkin made more stony silences in my circles than Settlers of Catan did.
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 01, 2016, 11:55:02 AM »
Are you guys taking your sheep too seriously, or are my friends not taking it seriously enough?  (Sheep roads are the comfiest.)

Munchkin made more stony silences in my circles than Settlers of Catan did.

We haven't played munchkin in a good while, but yea.. that's another one.  Anything where there is paranoia or the possibility that there's a conspiracy against you, it leads into hilarious overly dramatic (on purpose) good times.  For example, "I never trusted that wood-scavenging whore!" - Friend 3 said of Friend 4. ...who was also Friend 3's wife.

Big_Jim

• Handler
  • An integral part of any plan for world domination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 01, 2016, 12:12:38 PM »
Geeze... you guys need to play Diplomacy, so you can get out of the hate-inducing-board-game kiddie pool and see what a real friendship killing game is.

Seriously, it's what Diplomacy is famous for.

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
« Reply #379 on: May 01, 2016, 12:14:58 PM »
Geeze... you guys need to play Diplomacy, so you can get out of the hate-inducing-board-game kiddie pool and see what a real friendship killing game is.

So true

Living Spycraft Masterm

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #380 on: May 01, 2016, 05:07:54 PM »
One of my partners, Diplomacy is banned from his family.
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #381 on: May 06, 2016, 02:24:02 PM »
It's true. The Mistborn: House War Kickstarter does indeed launch next month. Probably toward the end of the month, but next month nonetheless.

It's a kickass strategic negotiation game designed by my old friend Kevin Wilson, who co-designed Classic Spycraft with me waaaaaaay back in the day. It's been amazing getting to work with him again, and to expand the Mistborn game world with such a worthy new title.

Alex, Ed, and I have been slaving away at this one for months and months and months. It'll be great to finally get it out there for people.

I know I'll probably get a "You'll have to wait and see", but 'strategic negotation' something along the rough lines of say Settlers of Catan or Twilight Imperium?  Because if so, I cannot wait for another board game to hit the table that causes divorce and ends friendships!  (Seriously, as much fun as Settlers is, the amount of rage that game can generate is close to Monopoly level.)

Negotiation is in fact the engine of the game. Very little gets done without it and you have to work together to achieve most things. You are still, however, in competition with each other.

So... YMMV. A lot. ;)
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Crafty-Games/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2016, 01:07:40 PM »
Unfortunately Pathfinder's closing in on having a monster-building system that might rival Fantasy Craft's:

Genius Guide to the Talented Bestiary

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 17, 2016, 07:11:06 PM »
Unfortunately Pathfinder's closing in on having a monster-building system that might rival Fantasy Craft's:

Genius Guide to the Talented Bestiary

It's interesting but I'm not in the market to play Pathfinder.  Got nothing against 'em - in fact, more power to them.  Just not my bag.  Also, I don't think immobile means what they think it means.  (Immobile = 15 ft move speed?!)

SilvercatMoonpaw

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2016, 11:06:48 AM »
It's interesting but I'm not in the market to play Pathfinder.  Got nothing against 'em - in fact, more power to them.
I figured it's a nice gesture to cross-pollinate company lines.

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 18, 2016, 11:56:25 AM »
It's interesting but I'm not in the market to play Pathfinder.  Got nothing against 'em - in fact, more power to them.
I figured it's a nice gesture to cross-pollinate company lines.

No argument.  I found it a fascinating read (five page preview) and imagine that many folks will get a lot of use out of it.  I'm in the market for some of their adventure paths as well.  I didn't mean to come across as dismissive of their work.  However, going back and reading my post, I can see how that might be.

Aldus Vertten

• Handler
  • Los Otros Planes
    • View Profile
    • Guia del Freeky Galactico (Geek Guide to the Galaxy)
« Reply #386 on: May 18, 2016, 06:07:13 PM »
Last hours to participate in the Dresden Files Cooperative card Game... I've been playing with the PnP a lot this month and it's really fun and captures the series very well. Also, the system is waiting to be hack for other settings... I've been thinking about adapting Firefly, trading Cases for Jobs.

The KS have been a success, and there are a few interesting extras, including free shipping in the USA.

http://kck.st/1VzuN5b
"No queda sino batirnos"
-------------
-El Capitan Alatriste

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
« Reply #387 on: May 26, 2016, 04:35:05 PM »
The Mistborn: House War Kickstarter goes live on June 15th.

This is an exciting new board game of noble intrigue, designed by our dear friend Kevin Wilson (Arkham Horror, The X-Files, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past).

We'll be posting updates and details about exclusives to our email newsletter over the next couple weeks, so make sure you're subscribed.

Stay Crafty!
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Crafty-Games/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.