Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2015, 09:34:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  2nd Extra-terrestrial Combat Regiment- Charlie Company, "The Crafty Bunch"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2nd Extra-terrestrial Combat Regiment- Charlie Company, "The Crafty Bunch"  (Read 74 times)
RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2015, 03:57:16 PM »

A company is a military unit, typically consisting of 80250 soldiers and usually commanded by a captain or a major. Most companies are formed of three to six platoons, although the exact number may vary by country, unit type, and structure.

Firaxis has doubled down on character customization in XCOM 2.  Correction, they have quaded down on character customization in XCOM 2.  If you want a quick glimpse at all the options available, look here (6:45).  Add to that you have full control of what gender and nationality your soldier is, a way to determine what class they become, the ability to create not only engineers and scientists, but mission critical people (VIPs, enemys, etc.), as well as save your characters into a pool for future playthroughs, and you suddenly have a self-modifying single-player RP experience in a box.

Now when XCOM: EU hit, I had made a token attempt at getting people to post up some characters to share for each other to possibly use.  Reaction was... mixed.  For sure we all posted some versions of ourselves and out favorite creations, but for this second outing, I'm shooting higher.  Much, much, higher.

I challenge the creative minds of the Crafty Games forums to (collectively) create a Company-sized worth of XCOM troops.  Make them as colorful as you want, for Firaxis has provided us the tools to go wild if we so wish.  Use past RP characters if you want, or go completely new, for the goal, as the quote above stats, is 80-250 people.

Surely we could come up with 250 people.  Wink

Just a few things to take note before we start:
- We do not know all the cosmetic options we will have available.
- We only know about 4 of the 5 classes we will get in the game, and even then only a basic outline of what they will be able to do.
- We only have the starting equipment to plan for, as well as a smattering of upgrades we can give people.

So we might want to add or modify as more information trickles in.  Don't be afraid to edit an old post if a more fitting portrayal of a character comes along.

I am currently running in my head the structure we should probably use:

(click to show/hide)

All right, that's all my brain can handle for now.  Let's get ready to take back the Earth, shall we.  Grin

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 04:43:52 PM »

Sure, I'm game.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:15:45 PM by Valentina » Logged

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 05:13:20 PM »

-Diamond (birth name unknown), [F] Canadian Ranger
"They'll never know what hit 'em."
(click to show/hide)
Diamond earned her nickname in training for being an extreme hardass and was not well liked by her squad mates. She was recruited during the first alien war but XCom was overrun while her transport was enroute to the base. Rather than capitulate to the aliens, the transport set down in a remote location where the pilot and new recruits made a pact of their own. XCom may have been beaten, but the fight was far from over.

I want to add a few more that were on that same transport. They've been covertly undermining Advent for the last 20 years before they learned about XCom's renewed activity.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 06:05:45 PM »

To get things started:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:37:02 PM by RusVal » Logged

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
RusVal
Control

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 06:48:20 PM »

Y'know, 7000 screenshots is a lot to sort through if you need to look for past names that you've used.  Doesn't help if scrolling too fast causes Steam to crash out.  Tongue

Valentina
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 12:18:10 AM »

Because SC2.0 is still one of my favorite toolboxes evar and some comment hereabouts makes me hope for friendly alien XCOM characters I offer some Origin/class combos for my trio.

Priss is a Orphaned Survivor who went Thug/One Man Army. Cool

Anabell is an Elf-Blooded (Raven nation Noble) Savvy Doctor cum Sleuth/Medic.

Galatea is a Sleek Icon gone Explorer/Forward.

"Cui bono?" -Lucius Cassius Longinus Ravilla, 127 BCE.

"Hier stehe ich, ich kann nicht anders" -Martin Luthor, 1483-1546.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: