Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2015, 10:28:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Off-Topic
| | |-+  Beyond Earth (Reactions, stories, let's play setups, etc...)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beyond Earth (Reactions, stories, let's play setups, etc...)  (Read 2194 times)
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2015, 08:44:27 AM »

I've been having some fun romping through easy.  It is a simple game, and I think pricing it at $15 was a very good choice.  Most folks would feel, rightly IMO, slighted if it were more than $20.

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2015, 09:36:38 AM »

Well, it is pretty much a tablet game, and $15 is pretty much the highest price for a 'proper' tablet game.

Also, the cross-unlocks between BE and Starships is pretty neat. Unlocking the dual-affinities is something you should do asap, they are a really nice starting boost (Wonder + double rewards is my favorite).

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2015, 01:13:47 PM »

How do you get them to unlock?  I thought logging into My2K was supposed to just make things happen?

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
Antilles
Mastermind
Control

Do I look like a people person?

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2015, 01:42:21 PM »

Yeah, log into My2K and then do certain things. No idea which ones, but I got like half a dozen at least the first game just doing normal things.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."
- Aesop
Mortality clarified in a single strike!
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2015, 02:05:18 PM »

Blast.  So far nothing from Starships.  Sad

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2015, 08:23:04 AM »

Blast.  So far nothing from Starships.  Sad
I opened up an old save, won, and BAM, stuff unlocked.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »

Unlocking more stuff as I play, but planets, and other smaller bonuses.

Someone did complain on the 2k forum than you cannot lock out victory conditions for AI players.  I lost my last round to population control, after setting my victory condition to domination.  (I want to rock an awesome fleet full of upgrades, dagnabbit.  Not three dinky cruisers.)

I would also like to fiddle with the costs, and have the price of each upgrade also reflect the number of upgrades already on a ship.  Fast battleships are easy to build.

MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2015, 07:10:17 AM »

Does anyone else think that the Harmony ships are just ugly, and what about engines?  Is keeping speed nearly maxed as important as it seems to be?  I've been whooping the computer with big engines and stealth, a combination that mostly eliminates the utility of plasma cannon armed fighters.  (Why can't I give them lasers?)

RusVal
Control

There are no ends. Only new beginnings.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »

(Why can't I give them lasers?)

You expect fighter craft to have capital ship level long-range artillery?  The Plasma stuff is probably just a stand-in for the type of weaponry fighters would have that were capable of hurting such larger ships.

"Why don't you wear a helmet?  I feel anonymous and disposable..." -VGCats

"What is this, a bad spy movie?!  You two are going to get us all killed!" -Jack Carver, Far Cry
MilitiaJim
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2015, 08:14:08 PM »

(Why can't I give them lasers?)

You expect fighter craft to have capital ship level long-range artillery?  The Plasma stuff is probably just a stand-in for the type of weaponry fighters would have that were capable of hurting such larger ships.
No, I want a set of light lasers so they can lurk in asteroid belts and plink from the edges instead of going in to do damage and getting killed.  Fighters stop being useful around the cruiser stage, and just get themselves killed.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: