Author Topic: Life, the World, and Everything in 2016 (general world news & social issues)  (Read 16005 times)

TheVastator

• Handler
  • Everything is better with pirates!
    • View Profile
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37171953?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

I live in Tuscany and we felt that as well; no damage here but the situation in those zones is dire.

RusVal

• Control
  • There are no ends. Only new beginnings.
    • View Profile
Re: Life, the World, and Everything in 2016 (general world news & social issues)
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2016, 07:30:15 PM »
Well, after all the lumps the F-35's been taking over the last few years, it appears to have gained some followers in the Marines after a super successful live fire drill, where the plane proved capable of multitasking simultaneous air-air/ground attacks at once.  So, y'know, the targeting system at least works.

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
Re: Life, the World, and Everything in 2016 (general world news & social issues)
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2016, 11:59:41 AM »
Considering that this deals with the intel community, and this is the Spycraft forum (as much as I might go non-intel with my posts), I feel it my duty to link this article about Trump's intel briefing.  Take of it what you will.

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2016, 04:45:29 PM »
Smartguns could be with us very soon.

https://youtu.be/Z2kq8449fL4

Living Spycraft Masterm

Valentina

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2016, 04:44:31 PM »
So sitting in line to queue for WoW as # 1955 I suddenly realize that of all the things I didn't expect Shadowrun to get right about the collision of information tech and conflict was just how much of it would be little twat bastards using scripts copied off of MIT CS grads with surprisingly little human nature skills to fuck with companies as means of expressing their flaccid adolescent angst.

It's not espionage. It's not political posturing. It's not "hack the planet" activism. It's Affluenza repackaged as being a RL 6th level TOG Wizard.

Welcome to the future, of course there are no elves you idiot. :P

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2016, 06:41:38 PM »
We haven't gotten to the dawn of the 6th era yet.  :P  (Or was is 5th.  Whatever.  Either way I'm more likely to be an orc than an elf.)

Better flinging copy/pasted scripts at mega-corps than robbing liquor stores, right?
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2016, 06:43:44 PM »
Why not both?

TheOpSecTreeFloof

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2016, 07:10:50 AM »
We haven't gotten to the dawn of the 6th era yet.  :P  (Or was is 5th.  Whatever.  Either way I'm more likely to be an orc than an elf.)

Better flinging copy/pasted scripts at mega-corps than robbing liquor stores, right?

Man.. the awakening ever shows up, I can't wait to be a Drop Bear!

RusVal

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2016, 07:31:52 AM »
Knowing my luck, if the Awakening ever happened, I'd probably be stuck as a normal human.  :P

MilitiaJim

• Control
    • View Profile
    • My lame little LJ
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2016, 02:23:22 PM »
Why not both?
Robbing a liquor store is a great deal more likely to get you shot, or just whupped?
"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."  ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool  in the killer's hands.")
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the younger" ca. (4 BC - 65 AD)

Valentina

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2016, 04:15:55 PM »
As a follow up Poodle Corp -a subsidiary of The Lizard Squad, DDOS Blizzard.

Of course. Poodle Corp.

Most hated peer of Mitsuhama, ARES, and Saeder-Krupp.

::)