Author Topic: Little Painted People: Miniatures News  (Read 188 times)

RusVal

• Control
  • There are no ends. Only new beginnings.
    • View Profile
Little Painted People: Miniatures News
« on: April 08, 2017, 10:47:46 PM »
Decided to start up a miniature thread in the Off Topic section, so it doesn't necessarily get buried somewhere else.

So anyway, Corvus Belli's got a number of awesome minis in their Infinity Wargame range, mostly in the style of cyberpunk and sleek mecha design.

Not to mention a *Cough* interesting take in biomechanics.

*Ahem*

But anyway, while the setting is very much sci-fi, it also comes with a unique twist in that it also includes a "transplanted" 21st century world of Russians, Scots, French, and Americans who also have to deal with werewolves.  And two years ago they finally released the American faction (USARF) to much acclaim.  However, this being Corvus Belli, they tend to take a while in releasing sculpts for all of their options.

They've now released info on the new Minutemen weapon options.  And they look badass.  Definitely something work considering for a SpecOps team in a Spycraft game.

Illithar

• Agent
    • View Profile
Re: Little Painted People: Miniatures News
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:59:25 PM »
I had looked into Infinity some time ago, looks like at least a rules revision or two ago at least. The mini's looked neat, never got into the game though. I've heard their mini's can be a pain to assemble.

I used to paint Warmahordes, but I fell away from them due to 1) no one to play with, 2) cost per mini, and 3) assembly. I still have them in boxes somewhere.

Now, I don't so much mind assembling my mini's, but when I had to assemble an entire unit of troops were each are, sword, and shoulder pad are separate bloody pieces I started to get a bit frustrated... Really though, the one that takes the cake for me was a limited edition con mini my sister picked up for me. One of it's feet is a separate piece!

Lately I've been collecting and painting Reaper mini's, along with a few here and there that I have acquired through Kickstarters.
I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.