Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 10:20:41 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Pewter Drag (and Pewter healing) - How do you even get there?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pewter Drag (and Pewter healing) - How do you even get there?  (Read 1277 times)
Leviathan
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »

I may well be missing something in the rules somewhere, but how do you even *get* to the point where you can benefit from these things?
Both of these make references to burning pewter for eight or more hours, but each pewter charge (of which even a Thug isn't going to have more than a dozen) is only five minutes.
How do you even get to the point where you're capable of burning for eight hours?

This type if thing is one reason I'm surprised Allomantic charges don't burn in X beats rather than X minutes.
tecslicer
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 11:47:21 PM »

Yeah it is something like 90 vials of pewter to get to that length.
As a narrator I have placed a few stockpiles of metals around the map, so my players can just grab them (some have consequences, if any of my players are reading...) In barracks, armories, certain nobles' houses, at places where they might be expected to have thugs around. There are "Bags of pewter beads" with a few hours of charges in them.

that's my two cents... as a narrator, I don't know what to do as a player. Start eating dinnerware?

Edit: Did the math again. It is 32 vials with 3 charges each, unless you have the long burning pewter stunt, then it is half that for each day.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:52:34 AM by tecslicer » Logged
Phoebus4
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 01:42:52 AM »

You need to take the proper stunts to really take advantage of Pewter Dragging or Healing.  For Dragging you can take the Slow-Burning stunt up to twice - each time you take it you double the length of time that a Pewter charge lasts for you, from 5 to 10 minutes, then from 10 to 20 minutes per charge.  This takes long Pewter Drags from the realm of the the impossible to the merely annoying.  For Healing you need to take the Unconscious Burning stunt - if you're sleeping and also injured, you can burn Pewter at a rate of 1 charge every 3 hours.  This only gives you the increased healing effect and ends as soon as you wake up.

Hope this helps!
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »

Dragging is difficult - you see Vin do it in the books, but only by literally eating nuggets of Pewter/handfuls of Pewter dust. You're not generally going to get there with vials, but we have other sources of charges listed in the book for your reference and enjoyment Smiley

Leviathan
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 02:22:52 AM »

Ok, so typically you'd expect players to either get creative with the scenery, or (more likely given the whole purity thing) start spending Spirit or Resource points on finding a readily available supply at the appropriate time?

This does make sense.
Crafty_Alex
Crafty Staff
Control

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:11:42 AM »

Ok, so typically you'd expect players to either get creative with the scenery, or (more likely given the whole purity thing) start spending Spirit or Resource points on finding a readily available supply at the appropriate time?

Basically. Since we don't limit players to only getting charges from vials (this is not how it is in the books) we anticipated people actually eating dinnerware for metal in a pinch Smiley Dragging ultimately is a limit for power-gaming Pewter which was built into the novels, and thus is a pretty rare situation in the game.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: