Author Topic: So, how's your gaming going?  (Read 9666 times)

RusVal

• Control
  • There are no ends. Only new beginnings.
    • View Profile
Re: So, how's your gaming going?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 07:06:51 PM »
Well, now that I got a new comp, and have currently caught up with XCOM 2, I've been going back and loading some games I got that didn't play great on my old one.  Currently that's just Resident Evil 6, but I plan to give Binary Domain and Bioshock Infinite a shot.  My Blizzard games also play awesome on this rig, to the point where I've got things on ultra settings.  Woo ragdoll physics in my RTSs! ;D

Morgenstern

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 07:19:47 PM »
  My gaming is kind of at low ebb, but that usually leaves me more time to write and design :).
At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 08:58:18 AM »
Trying to put together a new tabletop group to play some Fantasy Craft.  A friend of my wife from church has played two sessions with us.  She played D&D with her brothers growing up and is enjoying herself.  We're trying to add another person (friend of her's) to the group.  Hopefully, we can pull off this weekend for all four of us.

Desertpuma

• Control
  • Highest Level LSpy Agent 16th, almost 17th
    • View Profile
    • Crusaders Citadel
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 09:22:34 AM »
I'm having to put off my FC home game until mid-June which gives me more time to prep. But I also just finished Pandemic Legacy and my group did it with 772/1000 points too. Just needed a couple of things to happen and we would have broken the 800 barrier to get the Legendary win.

Living Spycraft Masterm

Andy-C

• Mastermind
  • Operative
  • Used to be tracker7. Carry on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 04:36:05 AM »
The convention Hunter game went pretty well. I had a table of very proactive and energetic players - almost always a plus. Felt really good to knock off some of the rust.

Next up: Shadowrun or Star Wars.
The above may be conjecture, deliberate paraphrase, or outright bullshit.

Slashes-With-Claws

• Handler
  • I will eat your heart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »
I am enjoying being a GM.  I started running an FC game on Saturdays several months ago and it is going well.  The players seem to be having fun and I am enjoying coming up with the adventures.

ludomastro

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 01:15:58 PM »
Trying to put together a new tabletop group to play some Fantasy Craft.  A friend of my wife from church has played two sessions with us.  She played D&D with her brothers growing up and is enjoying herself.  We're trying to add another person (friend of her's) to the group.  Hopefully, we can pull off this weekend for all four of us.

We gained a steady player in my wife's friend but the friend's friend.  So, I'm now GM'ing a Sunchaser campaign for my wife and her friend.  We're considering adding one or more of the oldest kids as well.  Too bad I can't find someone else to GM ...

Feel free to drop me a PM with any suggestions or plot hooks you've used in Sunchaser.  Up until now, we've been doing one shots and I'm ready to start a formal campaign.

Spoiler: The wife's fighter died. • show

So, this past Saturday the characters were asked by a farmer to clear out a nest of beggar beetles.  The elf mage (wife's friend) and the human fighter soldier (wife) wade into some elf ruins guarded by a couple of Pahruno (did I spell the name of those statue things right?).  After dealing with them, they find the nest and opt to poke it rather than burn it to the ground.  The fighter gets swarmed and knocked down to -10 wounds right before the mage polishes off the last one of them.  We took a dinner break before delving into the cheating death rules.  The mage drags the body back to the farm.  The korret in the area follow along and fix her up.  (None of us were really happy with that answer so we gave it a three.)  So now she doesn't heal as well (1/2 normal).

What she doesn't know is that the korret - being a product of elven magic - have modified her in some as yet undetermined way.  Given that the penalty dovetails nicely with elven racial benefits / penalties, I'm leaning toward the idea that they made this human just a tiny bit elven.

Illithar

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 04:34:38 PM »
May be having a shift in my weekly tabletop game, I may be running a Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition game here soon. I've been on a bit of a superhero kick lately. I hope it goes well, it's a larger group than I'm usually comfortable with.

In the realm of pc/video games. I started playing Rust again after a long time away. They did some major updates. It's still a murderous vagrant simulator but the performance is pretty good and it's graphically not bad. There's a helicopter that shows up from time to time and will shoot people on site if they are armed with fire arms. They don't even have to be out, just in your hot bar. Shooting it down gets you some nice loot though. I'm fortunate enough to be playing with an IRL friend, I can't imagine playing the game solo. The server I am currently on does wipes every two weeks. The map gets generated with a new seed and all structures and items are cleared. You get to keep any item blueprints you learned however.

Also, Factorio, I'm about 9 hours in and I don't fully understand how or what I am doing but it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be just from someone describing it to me. I am playing on peaceful right now, just to get the hang of things and learn what does what. You could approach it as a kind of puzzle game, trying to figure out the logistics of getting that group of machines automated by supplying them with the correct resources. I haven't managed to build anything on the scale of what you can find in Youtube videos or the trailers.

Also Rocket League, still doing that.
I enjoy four things: Giant Robots, Giant Monsters, Zombies, and Steampunk. But, just because something contains one or a combination of those doesn't mean I will like it.

jarvvoitlus

• Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 07:55:09 PM »
I finally found a game to play of FC, though the one I GM is on hold now that I've started post-secondary. My character died yesterday, RIP.