Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 09:48:47 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Weapon Specialties: Standard NPC or Special NPCS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weapon Specialties: Standard NPC or Special NPCS  (Read 533 times)
Korik1
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2012, 12:20:46 AM »

Because of the way that the various stances and tricks of the different weapon feat chains work I realized that some are more useful against standard NPCs while others are more useful against special NPCs.

For example Sword Mastery gives you the Bury The Blade trick which is only useful against special NPCs, while Hammer Supremacy gives you a trick that can only be used on standard NPCs.

So my question is, which weapons are better against which targets?

Everyone is normal, UnTiL yOu GeT tO kNoW tHeM.
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 12:27:20 AM »

The answer is.... none are better. You're comparing apples and oranges. Give a guy Axe Supremacy and he's mowing down hordes of Standards.. at one auto a round if he's built right. But he's still doing Bleed and loads of damage to specials too.

Default there's not really a set "better", it's in how the char builds themselves to fight which groups.
Takeru
Agent

Mayor Janus of Whitestone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 01:51:23 AM »

Devil's Advocate: Bury the Blade can be plenty amazing against Standard characters too if they have really high damage saves, good armor, or the Toughness quality. A good crippled limb can really take the fight out of a tough Standard enemy (who isn't always a mook! You can build some REALLY tough "standard" enemies if you have a mind too!)

It is true that you can easily end up specialized for Special vs Standard, but I don't really think the weapon chains inherently have issues like that. My Assassin is ultra good against specials and our Martial Artist is ultra good against standards, but that's just because of the numbers game and our choice in magical items and class features.

You can literally make Mike Haggar in Fantasy Craft. I love this system.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: