Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 02:52:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  License to Improvise
| | |-+  New Feat - Time to Shine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Feat - Time to Shine  (Read 351 times)
Morgenstern
Control

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:13:59 AM »

I've been reading over the card text for the re-launched Netrunner card game and pining for the days of more deterministic systems for determining the outcome of clashes between antagonists. Netrunner uses some wonderful mechanism to put the victory more in the hands of the well prepared, while keeping the clock ever ticking so that you can never quite wait for unbeatable preparation. Its a remarkable example of diceless outcome resolution.

So inspired, I came up with...

SKILL FEATS

Time to Shine
   Its time to prove you’re not just good... You’re the best.
   Prerequisites: 4+ ranks in any skill.
   Benefit: Once per scene you may spend 2 action dice and choose a skill described in Chapter 2 you have your maximum skill ranks in (minimum 4 ranks). Until the end of the scene you gain a +4 bonus to all checks made with that skill. If this is a dramatic scene, you instead gain a +5 bonus and your threat range with the skill increases by 1.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:42:22 AM by Morgenstern » Logged

At your own pace: Do. It. Now.
How about some pie? - Heroes of the Expanse
Gentry