Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 07:26:49 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Some questions regarding the Priest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some questions regarding the Priest  (Read 432 times)
Bhurano
Agent

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2012, 02:22:32 PM »

Ok, since I began a Kingdoms of Kalamar Campaign last week some questions came up.

Until that round we had only priests in the group who would be healing or doing some other stuff that helped them or others... but none whose abilities have more external effects. One of the guys plays a Priest 3 and plans to go into Force of Nature.

Anyway... Do Saving Throws work for Priests the same as for any other Caster? Normally this is 10 + Charisma Modifier + Spellcasting Feats... if so his Spells are laughably easy to resist. He is low on Charisma - more of a combatant - and will lose even one point when he gains Elemental Legacy.

Also the description of how Divine Magic works mentioned that a Priest may use one Spellcasting Trick without cost. I assumed, and ruled so for now, that this also means they have to have the Spellcasting Feat in question. I hope that this is correct or did I bungle up?

Thanks for the help in advance. Smiley
aegis
Fantasy Craft Playtester
Control

A little dab'll do ya.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »

Anyway... Do Saving Throws work for Priests the same as for any other Caster? Normally this is 10 + Charisma Modifier + Spellcasting Feats... if so his Spells are laughably easy to resist. He is low on Charisma - more of a combatant - and will lose even one point when he gains Elemental Legacy.
Yes they do. And yes, Charisma is important for Priests as well.
Also the description of how Divine Magic works mentioned that a Priest may use one Spellcasting Trick without cost. I assumed, and ruled so for now, that this also means they have to have the Spellcasting Feat in question. I hope that this is correct or did I bungle up?
That's correct. You still have to have the feat, which also boosts your spells save DCs, so it's not such a bad thing.
Bhurano
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 05:53:07 PM »

Thanks for the help.

Since priests were more or less - with 3 notable exceptions - overlooked, I am not very familiar with them. That gets changed as it seems, since I helped a buddy with his aforementioned char. He wanted to play something shaman/druid so I gave him pointers, he came up with a char... and one suggestion later... we have an unbelievable blood-thirsty kind of druid... who gives any berserker a run for his money. That priest ain't as tame as anybody thought. Grin

Anyone else getting the feeling that a typical mage is not necessarily a fair match against some guy backed by divine wrath. Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: