Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 09:04:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  NPCs and other questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NPCs and other questions  (Read 297 times)
CipherBlue
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »

Okay so i have started playing spycraft again and i am now using 2.0 rules (been sense 1.0 that i last played a decade ago). I have three questions i can't seem to figure out and would like some help on please!

First and simplest is; How many NPCs should you have in any given mission per threat level or player quantities. Meaning I have x amount of players then how many standard / special NPCs should i look to have to create a balanced game without over whelming my players? (we will just say this a straight head to head fight in a house players vs NPC)

Second i am a little confused on the the rules for Armor; being that there is rules for damaging armor; so does this imply that if the player is hit and it soaks damage should i be having them roll to see if it damages the armor? if so should the DC be 10 + 1/2 the damage it soaked or 1/2 the total damage?

Third and last question this has me on the forums for HOURS now; when using say a wall for cover and the hit is within the walls portion of the DEF and your suppose to roll a Damage Save; lets say the damage save fails; does the entirety of the damage go through the wall or only a portion? I ask because the book says (page 345) "if the attack penetrates the cover, the REMAINING damage blows through and applies to the character" Only thing is I dont see where it would lose any of its damage...

Thanks in advance for the help!
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 05:28:21 AM »

A standard NPC team size is equal to the number of players. How many teams you use is largely up to you, but start with equal numbers (or a squad of standard npc's plus a special lieutenant) and see how it rolls out, looking at per encounter rather than per adventure. SC characters bounce back fairly quickly.

Only roll to damage armour if it's being specifically targeted (or if the damage type specifically says to)

Hmm, you're right it doesn't make sense, I'd usually just ignore the damage striking the cover, if you want to start fiddling with it you could say amount the cover failed the save by is the damage value (to a maximum of the original damage)?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: