Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2014, 08:02:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Draconic Legacy for a Drake!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Draconic Legacy for a Drake!!  (Read 878 times)
royalfa
Agent

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »

Hi there

My Drake Martial Artist player like the master class "Dragon Lord" for
the improvements he will obtain in his breath weapon and his claw attack,
and is excited with the idea of transforming in humanoid.

At first level he gain the "Draconig Legacy" feat the only benefit he gains with this
is the +1 in Str (his higher ability)  The question is:
Is alright give him additional benefits, modify the feat to affect better drakes?

The feat is intended for saurians or humans and but the master class is like "finger's ring" for my player.

Please let me know what you think.
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »

You're right in that Dragon Lord is sadly a bit flawed when it comes to helping drakes express their inner-dragon.

There's a couple of ways of looking at it. The first is that you replace the "breathe fire" line with the bit of the Truescale feat that lets them select a different breath weapon. The other is just giving them the increase in flight speed without losing the action die.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:19:47 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

SilvercatMoonpaw
Control

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »

Even easier: let them choose some other feat that they qualify for.  You can always narrow this list if you don't want to give them too much access.
The_Grand_User
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 06:10:15 PM »

I know it breaks the pattern, but I'd like to see a parallel feat to Draconic Legacy, with requirements of being a Drake (and maybe Saurian, he can get both) that works better for them, and could then be a decent replacement for the DL's first level benefit. Let's call it Draconic Birthright, perhaps it could tap more into the majesty side of dragons, perhaps an intimidate version of Charming, possibly based on their existing Reviled quality. Or something else entirely.

I'd also like to see an alternative Game Breaker for the DL that would suit most drakes better. I don't think being able to turn into a puny human adequately rewards the drake aiming to be the ultimate dragon Tongue Wink Maybe that's the place where Truely Massive should return, with a few extra benefits.

I'm a programmer by trade, of course I like to tinker! Cheesy

"I don't want to fight dragons." - Hiccup

Drakes, the very best part about FC ^_^

I'm designing my own RPG, The Dual20 system! Cheesy
Goodlun
Operative

Yeah thats me with my Judo Gi and an AK-47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 03:05:59 AM »

I think the best solution is to simply let him pick another species feat.  Maybe let it be a 1st level only one. 
The_Grand_User
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »

It's the simplest solution, if not the most satisfying. I'd prefer more options available.

I'm a programmer by trade, of course I like to tinker! Cheesy

"I don't want to fight dragons." - Hiccup

Drakes, the very best part about FC ^_^

I'm designing my own RPG, The Dual20 system! Cheesy
tfwfh
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 10:59:40 PM »

You guys are so generous.  I would have just said let him take one feat that's only ok for his build.  If the class ability had instead been called "Dragon Blooded" and simply given a +1 to the higher of Str or Int, would anyone complain about that?

Who's the more foolish, the fool or tfwfh?
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 01:24:19 AM »

Complain, that's a horribly weak feat on its own.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:33:57 AM by Mister Andersen » Logged

royalfa
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 12:12:12 AM »

Yes a feat that gives only +1 on Str or any other stat is a weak one.

I always complain about the feats Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes and great fortitude in D&D because only you get a + in a save, in the case of FC this feat are great!!

The only good thing about the later in DnD has the access to other kind of feats not some excellent.

Yes I was thinking in give the Drake a chance to select another Speacies feat or maybe modify a little the feat to benefit drakes... Because the +1 in Str that the character will gain is not bad at all.

Like the idea of increase the fly speed or even give a new flying (attack?) trick to the drakes.

My character loves the idea of becoming a human, more because his stats nor his breath weapon ability don't change with the transformation and this way he can access some sites, buildings or even some "not so happy about a drake" cities
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: