Author Topic: Shinobi 1 - A tapestry of lies and violence  (Read 10346 times)

Gatac

• Control
  • The power of Stark compels you!
    • View Profile
    • Robert's Place
Re: Shinobi 1 - A tapestry of lies and violence
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2013, 07:08:34 AM »
Chiki thinks long and hard about that.

"Mira holds a meeting with her lieutenants every two weeks, where they talk business and induct new members," she says. "But I don't know on which day it falls now, it was years ago and I have lost track."
"One of her henchmen would know," Grimm adds. "Where are these meetings?"
"Out at sea," Chiki says. "She does not want gang members openly coming into her place of business, and there is too much scrutiny elsewhere."

Mister Andersen

• Control
  • I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2013, 07:13:52 AM »
"Is there a particular boat that the gang always uses?" Aiko asks. "Or do they just hire one as needed?"

A thought occurs to her. "What are the chances it was the boat the imposter dumped you in?"

Gatac

• Control
    • View Profile
    • Robert's Place
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2013, 07:24:49 AM »
"I don't know, but - I don't remember what ship I was on," Chiki admits. "It was a ship, I was trying not to drown, I just got out of the bilge and bailed through a gonneport..."

Mister Andersen

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2013, 07:28:05 AM »
"What about you two?" she asks the guides. "I'm sure at least one of you are naturally observant enough to have picked up on such a regular movement on Aunt-- on Mira's part, given she's such a central figure here."

Gatac

• Control
    • View Profile
    • Robert's Place
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2013, 07:31:26 AM »
"Sorry, I don't know anything about that," Mina says.
"...I might know something," Tuku offers, "but your payment history for my previous guiding is less than stellar. I will have to charge extra for this information, cash up front."

Grimm rolls his eyes and reaches for his purse again, but Tuku stops him with a gesture.

"Not you," he says, eyes on Aiko. "Shimura asked the question."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:41:53 AM by Gatac »

Mister Andersen

• Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »
Aiko looks at the moneygrubbing little weasel through slightly narrowed eyes.

"Really?" she challenges him coldly. "We're faced with a supernatural murderer that has already physically implicated Mina -- your girlfriend -- in its crimes. It already knows you're associated with people aware of its existence and current assumed identity. And it has direct control over Ox whom I imagine would be all too willing to let slip his leash in order to exact a most brutal revenge on you and everyone in your family for his utterly humiliating defeat this morning?"

She pounds her fist into her palm. She's seen this sort of small-minded self interest too many times before, but it's never really fallen to her -- apart from that one time with those naval sailors -- to try and appeal some sense of honour and duty , to beat back the fear that there might actually be something greater and better than can spring up if one can only hack away the brambles and uproot the weeds choking it back.

"Where do you think you're going to be able to spend your money, Tuku? Where are you going to go? You're on an island that's now run by whatever it is pretending to be Auntie and the gang she's taking control of. A gang that controls the docks, the businesses, the lives of far too many. Do you think you can maybe bribe them to let you go? What bribe would be worth the wrath of a murderer that has no reason to let you live? They'll take your money and betray you and Mina and your uncle to Auntie without pause.

"Your one hope -- your family's one hope -- is to help us remove the imposter before it can consolidate its power any further. Free the island from its grasp and you free yourselves." She smiles a little. "Besides which, you'll have earned the favour of Mira's heir. Isn't that right, Chiki?"

Gatac

• Control
    • View Profile
    • Robert's Place
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2013, 11:34:25 AM »
Tuku holds up a hand. "Alright, alright, cool it," he says. "It's the Morningstar. One of Mira's friends owns it, a certain Captain Tsubasa. I've helped with loading up provisions a few times."
"Then you know your way around it?" Grimm asks.
"Uh, yeah."
"That sounds good," Chiki says. "Thank you, Tuku."
"Yes, thank you, Tuku," Mina says. "Maybe next time you can just come right out and say what you know."
"Well, maybe I will!" Tuku replies.
"I think we would all appreciate that," Grimm says. "Now, to planning..."