Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 06:15:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Iron and Rye [Session Report]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iron and Rye [Session Report]  (Read 579 times)
forestamber
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2012, 02:01:01 AM »

In the hope that someone may find it interesting or useful, I've typed up a report of my first Mistborn RPG session. This was a one-on-one session, and started as a conversation with the player to determine the setting and the PC's history. We settled on the wasteland of the eastern dominance as a perfect starting place for a longer campaign. The player created Tara, a mistborn from a farming family that takes the occasional assassination contract. With only one PC, the concept of a "crew" didn't apply, although there are several opportunities for allies to join the PC later on.

I was able to think of lots of interesting secrets, and I thought I had a good idea of what sort of events would take place, but I underestimated the PC's creativity and deviousness in dealing with her opponents, so the story took unusual turns.

Thankfully, I found that the secrets I established at the outset still applied, and served as a flexible framework for the story -- the secrets don't change, but the PC's methods for discovering the secrets are unpredictable. This uncertainty was the best source of fun and excitement for the player and the GM. I'm still amazed by the wonderful twist the PC introduced near the end of this session.

Browsing this forum has been great inspiration, and I'm trying to figure out ways to work in some of the fantastical hemalurgic creations from this thread: http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?topic=6557.0. I'd also love to hear any ideas for additional secrets that the PC might encounter later in the campaign.

Seran Setting

(click to show/hide)

Day 1 - Intro

(click to show/hide)

Day 1 - A Trip to the North Seran Mine

(click to show/hide)

Day 1 - The Angry Boar

(click to show/hide)

Day 1 - The Meeting with Brill

(click to show/hide)

Day 2 - An Appointment with Baron Stoletti

(click to show/hide)

Day 2 - Gambling at the Angry Boar

(click to show/hide)

Day 2 - The Market Square

(click to show/hide)

Day 2 - Back to the Stoletti Estate

(click to show/hide)

Day 2 - Cal at the Angry Boar

(click to show/hide)

Day 2 - The Assassination?

(click to show/hide)

Undiscovered Secrets

These are additional secrets that will likely be revealed before the end of this campaign:

Skaa Deaths
(click to show/hide)

Uncle Hyrum
(click to show/hide)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: