Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 05:13:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  DR question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DR question  (Read 427 times)
ReaderAt2046
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2012, 08:05:08 PM »

I know there are a few options that grant physical DR (Denser Tissues stunt, armor, the kandra Durable Form ability, etc.). So my question is, what happens if DR is equal to the damage dealt by an attack?

For example, suppose a Thug with Denser Tissues 1 is trying to carry off a young girl. The girl thrashes and kicks and hits the Thug for 1 damage. Does the Thug's DR negate that damage so he isn't hurt, or does the fact that the girl hit mean she gets to deal damage?
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 03:35:33 AM »

I know there are a few options that grant physical DR (Denser Tissues stunt, armor, the kandra Durable Form ability, etc.). So my question is, what happens if DR is equal to the damage dealt by an attack?

For example, suppose a Thug with Denser Tissues 1 is trying to carry off a young girl. The girl thrashes and kicks and hits the Thug for 1 damage. Does the Thug's DR negate that damage so he isn't hurt, or does the fact that the girl hit mean she gets to deal damage?

The Thug's DR negates that damage.

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Leonerd
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 03:37:36 AM »

In your example you could think of Denser Tissues as a trained fighter who has learned to ignore smaller injuries. The girl isn't very strong and her kicks won't hurt much, so he'll just ignore them and carry her away. If she gets extra damage from nudges, she landed a good hit or hit a more sensitive area, so he'll notice (take damage).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: