Author Topic: DR question  (Read 663 times)

ReaderAt2046

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
DR question
« on: December 27, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »

I know there are a few options that grant physical DR (Denser Tissues stunt, armor, the kandra Durable Form ability, etc.). So my question is, what happens if DR is equal to the damage dealt by an attack?

For example, suppose a Thug with Denser Tissues 1 is trying to carry off a young girl. The girl thrashes and kicks and hits the Thug for 1 damage. Does the Thug's DR negate that damage so he isn't hurt, or does the fact that the girl hit mean she gets to deal damage?

Crafty_Pat

• Crafty Staff
  • Control
  • We have all the time in the world.
    • View Profile
    • Crafty Games
Re: DR question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:35:33 AM »

I know there are a few options that grant physical DR (Denser Tissues stunt, armor, the kandra Durable Form ability, etc.). So my question is, what happens if DR is equal to the damage dealt by an attack?

For example, suppose a Thug with Denser Tissues 1 is trying to carry off a young girl. The girl thrashes and kicks and hits the Thug for 1 damage. Does the Thug's DR negate that damage so he isn't hurt, or does the fact that the girl hit mean she gets to deal damage?

The Thug's DR negates that damage.
Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Crafty-Games/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is broken.

Leonerd

• Jr. Agent
    • View Profile
Re: DR question
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 12:37:36 AM »
In your example you could think of Denser Tissues as a trained fighter who has learned to ignore smaller injuries. The girl isn't very strong and her kicks won't hurt much, so he'll just ignore them and carry her away. If she gets extra damage from nudges, she landed a good hit or hit a more sensitive area, so he'll notice (take damage).