Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 06:06:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Tell Me About Your FantasyCraft Campaign and/or Character
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tell Me About Your FantasyCraft Campaign and/or Character  (Read 783 times)
mathey
Agent

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »

I'm curious: what sort of games and PCs are people currently playing with FC? Are you converting old D&D games? Using settings from the sourcebook(s)? Your own wacky homebrewed setting?

Morganti
Handler

Endless Eternity, Eternally Endless.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »

I am converting pathfinder adventure paths, while also working on my own homebrew setting inspired loosely on the world of ivalice, on the cusp of the magi-industrial revolution.

~Do you think its possible that someone else is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?~
~D~
Deral
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »

Hey, I'm always up to ramble about my home system, ask half the boards. But I suppose I don't talk about my setting much, just the rules, lemme see how much I can blab (I'm pretty sure at least one of my players reads these boards so... spoiler free, unfortunately).

I'm running games in a homebrew world that began life as a relatively by-the-books high-fantasy renaissance era world that I've let my players, over numerous campaigns, change to their whim with their characters plot-driven actions. Since then (we started using this world in early 2010), the world has become far more modern- for whatever reason my players have largely focused on advancing and actually bettering the world.
Now, there is common alchemy and weak magic, with more powerful and dangerous magic growing less and less common, and the tech level has reached a sort of "early steampunk" by having a great deal of early industrial-era technology suddenly injected into it, as well as a series of major advances in commercial magic usage.
Oddly enough, through their actions, peace, alliances, and trade agreements have been formed between kingdoms separated by hundreds of miles of dangerous outlands, while the five centerpiece kingdoms are all on the verge of war (and one on the verge of war with itself).

Right now my players are hires for a new sort of job- express delivery- for the Guild of Tradecraft, a guild some of their former characters helped found in an earlier campaign along with the creator of the first Airship (which they then touted to every Monarch they could, giving their inventor friend a -lot- of business).

There are two stories unfolding, one of the players as they take delivery assignments and learn more about the friendly but strange count whom they assisted in the introductory game and have since also begun working for, and the other through cutscenes where they see the tale of an intelligent paragon of an orc who seems to be leading devout followers to some dire event with a long-since thought out plan. All the while they're seeing where their two jobs intermingle with one another and with their past character's actions, and how the two seem to be leading them on the tail of, and eventually into conflict with the orc.
Eärendle
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 03:36:28 PM »

Happiness!

I reworked Ruins of Adventure (the module based on Pool of Radiance) into the rebuilding of Dale for my daughters over the summer; next they are asking for Iron Kingdoms, probably will be an Orgoth occupation styled take on the Hunger Games.

Right now I'm running a Rokucraft campaign in The Second City which has borrowed from the Jade Regent adventure path, the Curse of the Golden Spear modules and a few LBS plot hooks.

Also, I am drafting an Apocalypse Now/ Temeraire mash up. My brother suggested using 7th Sea as the setting since it already has a Napoleon analogue but Cloak & Dagger looks promising as well.
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:28:46 PM »

For the past 2 years, I've been running a campaign based in the old Bloodstones lands modules from early 2nd Ed AD&D, but essentially severed from anything else FR and dropping in replacement cultures and priesthoods as I see fit, which doesn't matter to the players.

Features the course of a human assassin, third son of the dead duke, as he tries to regain his duchy, another, the giant-eagle riding elven sage who has been pouring over an infernal text since capturing it from the Ruins of Dur Basta in the Cleansing of Black Spur, a dwarven mine-rescue expert and hammer-master, along with occasional guest starring roles from the goblin master chef (and conjurer) who has a contract with a senile dragon, the ogre martial artist looking for meaning of life, krieg-lumpkin bin dusseldorf, dwarven nerd priest, the pech luck priest with mafiosi tendencies, and others.  Guest star players make life fun.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:31:35 PM by LordKruelos » Logged
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »

I am running a campaign that initially started in Freeport, using Green Ronin's systemless Freeport book. I wrote up much of my own stuff, but also converted stuff from my d20 and pathfinder stuff, including:
- The adventure "Four and Twenty Blackbirds" from the Swashbuckling Adventures book Rapier's Edge
- The adventure "The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar" for EN Publishing's War of the Burning Sky adventure path
- The pathfinder Serpent Skull adventure path (which we are about to start the last book for)

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
Gentry