Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2014, 07:28:44 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  From the Ashes (IC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: From the Ashes (IC)  (Read 8289 times)
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 256




View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:02 PM »

(click to show/hide)

"Demon cats! Look for a second one!", Bronn calls out while struggling with his beast.
Logged
Catodon
Control
******
Posts: 1941



View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2012, 04:57:21 AM »

When the shot is fired Brindlglib wakes with a start but he does NOT spring-up. Instead he lies nearly still and looks around while quietly drawing his little tempered sword.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:15:54 AM by Catodon » Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
Catodon
Control
******
Posts: 1941



View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2012, 03:04:24 AM »

Sword in hand, the little gnome squirms ineffectually in the cat’s jaws…
(click to show/hide)
Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1509



View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2012, 12:35:42 AM »

Bronn feels the second spike attack sink home and the big cat quivers under him.

Brindlglib feels the cat try to drag him away from the fire.  As it repositions him, the teeth sink in a bit more.  Although he is able to get his sword free, he is unable to break the grip the cat has on him.

Baxton, Lief and Ronan seem to be fighting off another Cat some distance away.

Sidari notices that Brindlglib is in peril and charges over toward him.  She swings and trips the cat with her attack.  The sprawled cat growls which Brindlglib finds both fascinating and terrifying as his head vibrates.

(click to show/hide)
Logged

Catodon
Control
******
Posts: 1941



View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »

Brindlglib is surprised to find some steel within himself and with new resolve musters all his puny strength in a bid for freedom from the cat’s jaws…
(click to show/hide)
Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2012, 03:31:39 PM »

Thinking her attack would have made it let go of the gnome Sidari adopts more aggressive measures and pokes her staff at anything that looks like it will be sensitive.

(click to show/hide)
Logged
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 256




View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2012, 03:29:57 AM »

As he tumbles, Bronn rolls past the open backpack with the lamp oil flasks, and a desperate plan forms in his mind. He jabs the feline into the ribs, then jumps on its back and grabs it around the neck.

(click to show/hide)
Logged
ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1509



View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2012, 04:23:49 PM »

Bronn is surprised to feel the big cat go limp in his arms.  Sidari's jab forces the cat to open its mouth, unceremoniously dropping Brindlglib to the ground.  It then bolts away from the larger forms around it.  Sidari notes that it seems smaller than the one Bronn was fighting.

Baxton walks up and simply says, "We hired good swordsmen," before collapsing in what could be either exhaustion or a case of nerves.

Although the immediate threat is past, there is growling in the brush outside camp.
Logged

spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »

Sidari giggles a little, nervously. "Well, I doubt any of us will be able to sleep after that - how about we stoke up the fire a bit and get working on making us an entrance?"


Bronn and I were the last watch, I believe, so I'm guessing we're somewhere around 6 in the morning? How long until it gets light? (3 watches giving 8 hours rest to each watch 8-12, 12-4, 4-8?)
May be an idea for us each to carry a flaming torch until it gets light again.
Logged
Catodon
Control
******
Posts: 1941



View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2012, 03:46:42 AM »

Shaking himself Brindlglib gets unsteadily to his feet dropping his little sword with a ‘ting’. “Drat it, half eaten and feline slobber over my waistcoat. Look at it, well look at it, the brocade is quite ruined I’m sure."
 The gnome sighs heavily,  "I better find a little water and vinegar and see what I can do to make the most of it.” . Despite his manner, it seems the fellow has a cool head; perhaps a cool head is needed when you are so small that you are beset by dangers just going down to the market.

From this point on Brindlglib make a point of sleeping in an empty barrel. He rigs the barrel lid into a little door, which he pulls closed behind him before settling to sleep.
Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 256




View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »

Though surprised by the big cat going limb, Bronn wastes no time and attempts to snap its neck, which he follows up with dragging the beast to the fireplace. He's still ready for it to start moving at any time. Holding it with one arm, he douses the head of the beast in lamp oil and then thrusts it into the fire.

"Better burn these things. Sidari, have Lief and Ronan bring theirs over, too."

Once the bodies are disposed of and the fire is stoked, Bronn agrees that the party should start preparations for the next day. Those who can still sleep should do so, though.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!