Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 05:22:11 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  From the Ashes (IC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From the Ashes (IC)  (Read 9054 times)
Catodon
Control
******
Posts: 1944



View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »

Brindlglib seems content to patter around after Bronn quietly watching and listening
Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1655



View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2012, 02:14:50 AM »

Brila Hararo el la Ileksbosko seems to ignore Sidari for an instance before replying, "My great-grandfather was a missionary to the Orc tribes near the Catama desert.  He settled there and my family has lived there ever since.  Excuse me, one moment." 

A bright haired man stands up at the back of the tavern, slides forward quickly and grabs a drunken man.  Bronn notices instantly that his man is a potential threat.  Brindlglib is nearly stepped on in the process and Baxton's potential mark is scooped up before his eyes.  The tall man declares, "By order of the mayor, you are under arrest Blutto the Red."  He tosses an eye back toward Sidari, "Look me up after your delve."

Bronn, Baxton and Brindlglib all notice Sidari seated at the table at the back of the tavern.

There is a brief tussle before a deep baritone booms out, "Stop!  There will be no violence in my house!"  Everyone retakes their seats as the proprietor, Bianca is standing on a bar stool with her small skillets in each hand.  "Art, take your bounty hunting outside.  The rest of yall; clean up this mess."
Logged

spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2012, 03:45:43 AM »

An annoyed look  flick's across Sidari's face, for all his pretty words, "Art" probably just wanted a place to sit and watch for his quarry. Then, realising he's drawn the attention of most of the room to her - including that of Bronn, she blushes slightly and decides she'd best go and have a word.
Finishing up her drink to give her a moment to calm herself and assume her usual chirpy attitude, she walks over, with her best flirtatious smile, "Hey Bronn, fancy running into you here.", and nods towards the others.
Logged
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2012, 01:05:30 AM »

Bronn scowls as Sidari walks across the room towards the small group.

"Yes, fancy that. Did you find another group to take you along, or have you been following us on your own?"
Logged
ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1655



View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2012, 02:56:13 AM »

A beefy human steps between Sidari and Bronn.  "This ..." he looks Bronn up and down, "thing bothering you, girl?"
Logged

spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2012, 08:08:27 AM »

Sidari's eyes flick over the interloper in annoyance, "not at all, he's an old... friend." she says the last suggestively. "Now if you could just leave us in peace, we have a lot to catch up on."
Moving around closer to Bronn, she leans in close to him, speaking in hushed tones "Of course I followed you - and if you turn me away I'll keep following you, so unless you want to use some of those muscles to force me away, I suggest you make the best of it and let me tag along properly."

Sidari is pretty confident that it's a) not worth the team's trouble to try and lose her, and b) that he wouldn't really do something like tie her up or knock her out and leave her somewhere
Logged
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »

"Sod off", Bronn tells the guy with a dismissive wave.

He grinds his teeth for a moment and then admits defeat.

"I should give you a good spanking and send you back home", he says with a hoarse whisper.

He sighs. "The only reason I don't tie you up somewhere or have you held in a local cell is because I don't trust anyone in this dirt hole, apart from Bianca, but you'll give her the slip in no time. She's far too good-natured."

Bronn leans in a bit closer and hisses. "If you take any foolish risks out there or ignore my commands, however, I'll whisk you back here in a hurry and make sure you don't come back after us. Have we got a deal?"
Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2012, 04:58:23 AM »

Sidari's eyes twinkle and she smiles sweetly. "As long as you don't send me away, I promise I'll do whatever you command." she layers the last with a tone of suggetiveness, though she's just playing with him now.
Logged
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »

Bronn scoffs. "How about you get yourself a good warm meal, then? Might be the last for a while. Starting tomorrow, it's rations."
Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2012, 02:13:26 AM »

With a satisfied sigh, Sidari returns to her table, to see if anyone's stolen her remaining stew.
Logged
ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1655



View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2012, 05:19:44 AM »

As the metaphorical dust settles around Bronn and Sidari, the beefy human can be heard telling those at his table, "Never mind that piece over there, boys.  She's an orc rider."

-----

Baxton finally spots an old man who has fallen asleep at the small table near the back.  He is snoring slightly and most of those around pay him no attention whatsoever.

-----

Brindlglib overhears a conversation between Bianca and one of her employees about a few doors that are sticking and in need of repair.  He also hears that the town is looking for a sculptor to carve a memorial to the first delvers.  Further, there is a couple of men in a corner who are discussing the proper way to build an arch for a building.
Logged

Catodon
Control
******
Posts: 1944



View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2012, 11:02:45 PM »

Brindlglib hasn’t had so heard about this many potential works of interest in some time. He mentally composes a list:
Firstly, talk with those pech delvers regarding the sliding wall and animated suits, there may be clues to lost knowledge of the ancients there besides wouldn’t do to be caught in the same dilemma, yes that would not do at all.

Then make the acquaintance of the man who mentioned the sculpture, sounds like an excellent opportunity to have my work placed in the public eye. I’ve a few idea’s for casting large bronzes that I could experiment with. Besides in such as disreputable agglomeration of thieves and ne’er do well’s the town elders are not likely to attract a scholar able to compete with my talents anytime soon.

Lastly, a little architectural commission would not go astray either. Perhaps I could negotiate from a simple consultation on an arch to a complete design for the edifice in question.


He briefly considers the problematic doors of this inn, mostly out of habit developed over a lean few months, then discards the job as beneath his talents, especially now the current expedition’s patron is keeping him fed and out of the weather.
He approaches the pech, “Bringdlglib Nibstitch most pleased to make your acquaintance.” The gnome takes a seat with the party without waiting for an invitation to join them “ I could not help but overhear you fine gentlemen mention intriguing examples of the mechanical arts of the ancients encountered during your last practical antiquarian endeavour. If it would not be a bother I’d like to hear more details of the various architectural oddities and automatons encountered by your, no doubt exceedingly competent, expedition. No-one like the pech to notice details where big folk would blunder past unremarking.”
Logged

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1655



View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2012, 02:08:07 AM »

The table of Pech seem somewhat surprised as Brindlglib sits down but his remark about the big folk missing things seems to put them at ease.  "Pull up a chair master gnome.  A story for a story they say.  What brings you here?"
Logged

ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1655



View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2012, 03:24:39 AM »

After settling all accounts in the morning the group heads out of the city.  They soon find themselves falling into the traveling routine of watches, rations and poor roads.  However, following the directions given to them by their mysterious patron, they soon abandon poor roads for bad ones and finally no roads at all.

The dead end of the canyon is staring at the group as the sun dips below the horizon.  There is a base camp of sorts here; however, there is no one manning the equipment.  A tattered tent flies in the wind.  However, there is a crate of gun powder and instructions for it's use waiting on the group as the sponsor indicated.

Logged

MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2012, 01:08:22 AM »

Bronn starts unstrapping the camping equipment from the mules.

"Brin, why don't you have a look at that barrel, and see what we are supposed to do with it? Lief, Ronan, help me unstrap and set up the camping stuff. Sidari, you have cooking duty. Yes, again. You set yourself up for this, if you recall. Baxton, do you want to have a quick look around the area, see if you can see anyone while staying out of sight yourself? Baxton? Where is that little... Huh, guess that means yes."
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!