Author Topic: From the Ashes (IC)  (Read 14151 times)

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2020
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »
The innkeeper recognizes Bronn from previous delves.  The pot-bellied dwarf smiles warmly but keeping true to form, never speaks.  The fire is burning and the inn is busy.  It seems unlikely that private rooms will be available.

There is the sound of pig crackling on the fire in the kitchen and the smell of a hearty porridge.

The ale is plentiful and more than one person is sampling a new black ale from Riverton.  The mark on the barrels is familiar: crossed scimitars with a skull floating above them.

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2020
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »
The next day passes without incident.  The group passes another group of delvers; however, they are downcast and somber.  Their wagon holds a simple wooden box covered by a bright blue cloth.  As night draws close, the group finds a public house with a sparsely populated common room and an owner with no qualms about bedding down delvers, "provided you drink a bit before turning in.  Maybe order up some kidney pie."

Sidari finds no inn here in this simple settlement.  She hunts for and finds an abandoned barn with what appears be hay from a few seasons back.  It is starting to get rather dusty, there are mold spots near the holes in the roof and something keeps scurrying about.  As she is drinking off to sleep she thinks the rat must be a big one then she is grabbed from behind by someone reeking of alcohol.  "What have we got 'ere?  Some little mouse away from her hole?  Perhaps I'll keep you as a pet.  You'd like that wouldn't you?"  He then tries to wrestle her to the ground.


spinningdice

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1455
  • The power of the Dice compels you!
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »
Sidari panics a moment before realising he's just a drunk - and she's handled them before... though admittedly before she's always been just a shout away from someone to lend a hand.
Spoiler
Not entirely sure if they're grappled already or not? I'm assuming he failed the grapple to grab?, in which case she'll scramble to my feet and grab for her staff.
If Sidari is grappled then it's s case of trying to squirm free (which doesn't go so well: 1d20+3=4).
"I've knocked men like you out cold for trying to pet me, I suggest you back off."

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2020
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »
The drunk seems surprised that Sidari escaped his grasp.  Now that she is on her feet and armed he seems to take stock of the situation.  "Oh, you want to play?  Let's play."  He draws his knife and slashes at her.

It feels like it bites somewhere.


spinningdice

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1455
  • The power of the Dice compels you!
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2012, 07:33:28 AM »
Sidari "Really? I wanted a rest - not a dance." She doesn't wait for a reply, but darts in with her staff.
Spoiler
Trip Attempt 1d20+6+3=27 (Actually realised I get a further +2 for the staff as well)
Guessing that's a success, so following up with a disarm attempt to send the dagger away
1d20+3=17
Hmm, Allegedly I get +16 to that check, because it's +4 per size category of weapon and an extra +4 for my weapon being 2 handed!
"Get back up and I'm going to start hurting you."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:40:12 AM by spinningdice »

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2020
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »
The drunk has a completely surprised look on his face as he tumbles to the ground.  When the knife goes flying out of his hand he grows furious.  "I will kill you!"

He gets up and tries a wild haymaker but misses.

spinningdice

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1455
  • The power of the Dice compels you!
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »
"Back down you go." Sidari scowls,  as he sprawls to the floor she jabs her staff between his legs. "Now I suggest you leave before I start striking higher up."


ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2020
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2012, 07:51:05 PM »
The old drunk looks up at Sidari with hate in his eyes and venom in his voice.  "I'll get you, she-wolf.  We'll see who's laughing when I've got the collar 'round your neck."

Sidari gets the distinct impression that were he not drunk, this old codger would be more of a challenge.

spinningdice

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1455
  • The power of the Dice compels you!
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2012, 07:59:43 AM »
Sidari smiles,"you'll not find it easy to collar me, and nor keep it there if you do." she takes a step away, hoping he's given up the fight for now.

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2020
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
He walks backwards through the door of the barn and then turns and runs.  "You'll burn, you bitch!"

Spoiler
Does Sidari stay in the barn?

spinningdice

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1455
  • The power of the Dice compels you!
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2012, 02:14:25 AM »
No, she grabs her things and gets out. If there is also alternative way out, she'll take that. Otherwise she'll follow him out the main entrance.

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2020
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2012, 10:14:11 AM »
Sidari finds a quiet clearing with a dense canopy where she can safely bed down.

Bronn, Brindlglib and Baxton are just about to settle in to their chosen piece of real estate on the floor when an obviously distraught man bursts through the door screaming.  "There's a witch in the village!  A witch in old man Jorel's barn.  She threatened me and is planning on call down demons on us all!"

The portly way station keeper looks at him.  "John, have you been drinking again?"

"No.  She's a witch I tell you."

Catodon

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 1946
    • View Profile
    • Gulliver's Trading Company RPG
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »
Instinctively Brindlgilb freezes in the quiet corner of the room where he has been knotting his string.

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1

Doublebond

  • Guest
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »
Baxton stops juggling and gives his full attention to the observer.

ludomastro

  • Control
  • ******
  • Posts: 2020
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes (IC)
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2012, 12:50:16 AM »
"Yeah, smells like you've been drinking again.  Quit telling wolf stories, old man."

Just then another man bursts in.  "There are witches about!  I found dead cows out by the old Jorel place."

John, the drunk, smirks at the keeper before saying, "I know where one of them is!  A woman dressed like a man and carrying a stick.  She was in the barn."