Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 04:22:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  From the Ashes (IC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From the Ashes (IC)  (Read 8801 times)
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21:39 PM »

Bronn is stunned for a moment. Nine in ten! He had heard of six in ten, or even seven in ten for very dangerous jobs, but nine in ten! And the goblin hadn't even to haggle!

The cloak covers most of Bronn's surprise, but it's still evident in his voice. "Nine in ten... why, I believe I can help you. When do you want us to leave?"

The offer leaves Bronn suspicious. He hasn't been to the Blind Canyon yet, but there are stories about it. Even if it turned out to be a pure scouting job, and nothing of value could be found in these new ruins, they could always pass the rest of the ruins on the way back and look for treasure there. And, anyway, it was a delve. As if anything else really mattered...

(click to show/hide)
Logged
ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1638



View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 02:20:36 AM »

"Sooner is best."
Logged

MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »

"Good. It will take me a little bit of time to gather a crew, but we will leave within the next two days."

Bronn rises. "Where shall we meet you upon our return?"

Having received his response, he turns and walks back to his booth. He thoughtfully watches the two men a bit longer, then catches Sidari's eye as she walks past.

"I'm leaving on a delve soon. I talked to your old man, and he's fine with you coming along on a delve some time, but it can't be this one. Sorry, kid. It sounds like it will be too dangerous. Earl would never forgive me if anything happened to you."

As she turns to leave, she can hear him mutter:"I need an entry man. And maybe another sword or two."
Logged
ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1638



View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 12:25:43 AM »

"That sounds most acceptable.  Contacting directly is unlikely to meet with much success; however, I'll leave a letter here with the proprietor under the name of Mr. Johnson for your return.  Follow those instructions and I'll be able to set something up then.  Here is the map and an explanation of what needs to be done in order to enter the ruins.  Finally, there is a gnome by the name of Brindlglib Nibstitch - gods know he's a tiny one - staying here at the inn.  He is the specialist I mentioned earlier.  Has the ability to suss out interesting things.  He'll assist you with vary problems along the way."

The evening begins to press on the Rusty Copper as it always does.  Before the dishes are washed, Sidari notes that the barmaid from earlier is gone - probably with the guardsman this time of night.  The dishes are piling up in the kitchen but otherwise things are fine.

Baxton finds the inn emptying for the night.
Logged

spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 07:23:57 AM »

Sidari will glance around the room for Baxton "Bronn is after an entry specialist if you think you qualify?"

She'll then head back to work muttering "too dangerous, It'll always be too dangerous, be stuck here forever minding foolish barmaids."
Logged
Doublebond
Guest
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »

Baxton is still lost in thought worrying over the recent announcements when Sidari arrives at his table to abruptly deliver her query, only to quickly walk after. Jolted to alertness, he looks around in a desperation, confusion, and panic before simply yelping "Yes!"

He then quickly gets up to catch up with Sidari and determine just who in heavens this "Bronn" fellow is.
Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »

Sidari turns to face the pech, her smile returning after barely a second. She waves over at Bronn, "he's the big fellow over there, would you like an introduction?"
Logged
ludomastro
Control
******
Posts: 1638



View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »

As Baxton and Sidari talk a cat can be heard 'singing' for a few moments before someone is heard shouting, "Damnable creature, go away.  Some folk have an honest living to make and your singing won't help us sleep."
Logged

MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 08:38:33 PM »

Bronn looks over to Sidari and the halfling trailing behind her. Not much of his face is visible under the travel cloak. Baxton can clearly see the hulking stature, though, more than twice his height, and many times his mass. He is currently not wearing armor, save for a set of vambrace with mean-looking spikes attached to them.

He nods to Sidari: "He someone you think would qualify?"
Logged
spinningdice
Control
******
Posts: 1455


The power of the Dice compels you!


View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 01:44:35 AM »

"I get a good sense about him, but you're the professional." states Sidari nonchalantly
Sidari makes a show of returning to work, but hovers around trying see what transpires between Bronn & Baxton.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:27:49 AM by spinningdice » Logged
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »

Bronn motions for the halfling to take a seat. "Have you ever been on a delve before? No? Hmm... any good with locks? Getting into places?"
Logged
Doublebond
Guest
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2012, 07:35:33 PM »

Baxton finally regains composure,
"Well, no. No experience in this field, but I'm not without my talents."

He delivers the final word with a flourish of a knife, the blade almost materializing out of nowhere.
Responding to his second question,

"I'm a private man by nature, Mr. Bronn. Let it suffice to say I am no stranger to matters of locks and doors and things—going where I am not wanted. I've never been in a tomb, but I very well grew up in caverns and caves; I am more at home in the dark than anyplace."
Logged
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 10:49:25 PM »

Bronn sizes up the little man for a moment and says:"It may be very dark where we are going. I need someone who is competent, for sure, but also someone who is brave and dependable. That is what it takes to get everyone back alive. The rewards, however, should be high, too. Interested?"
Logged
Doublebond
Guest
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 06:39:14 AM »

"Most definitely. Count me in."
Logged
MikeS
Operative
****
Posts: 258




View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 10:52:11 PM »

Bronn shares the details of the delve with Baxton.

The he rises. "We should leave at dawn two days from now. Will you stay at the Copper?"

After hearing Baxton's answer, Bronn retires for the night. He wants to meet this scholar tomorrow, see what he's made of, and then look around town to see if he can add another sword or two to the crew. He'll also make sure the scholar will have what he needs to make a map, and that the group has enough supplies and equipment for an extended stay.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!