Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 02:27:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  [ALLOY OF LAW] Allomancy Stunt Requests?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [ALLOY OF LAW] Allomancy Stunt Requests?  (Read 1054 times)
Gargoyle
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 06:22:31 PM »

New Stunt:

Perhaps something in Tin to offset being "shocked" from sensory overload? The world of AoL is generally a louder, brighter place than in the original trilogy, and it would be nice if my Tin-burning sniper didn't have to win a Physique roll after every shot, or our lookout wasn't sent reeling by a car backfiring.

It also makes sense that, in a louder, more "shock-happy" world, this kind of skill would be developed.

Maybe something to be able to enhance senses differently to minimize backfire? Take Focus: Sight or something to be able to focus more of the total power to sight, taking it away from other senses. This sounds a lot like one already there, though.

Maybe Dampen: Hearing? Although feeling would be better. If I were a combat sniper (as opposed to assassin), to take out the Tineye, I'd just have to hit him before he notices and let the pain drop him. Advantages of Tin Ferrings, they can deaden pain and get something out of it.
Kadrok
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 05:16:50 AM »

This one is actually for the Twinborn combo stunts you don't have time to work on this time around. The reason I want to post it is so I don't forget to write it down somewhere (since you locked the thread). Kindly ignore this post until it becomes relevant.

Now deflecting bullets with A-Steel is problematic since bullets travel faster than coins... the problem is one of reaction time. So I simply want the game to recognize that a A-Steel/F-Zinc twinborn wouldn't have such a problem when they're tapping mental speed. Be it through Stunt, or whatever.

Carry on with your awesome lives...
Outis
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »

Hello.

I'm a little late to the party, just got back from vacation. My apologies if I've missed the submission deadline.

I'm slightly to mostly obsessed with copper and bronze, so I've got a few thoughts on the matter.

One quick one: It's prolly very underpowered but it's the simplest one I've got. I call it Bronze-dar. Basically, it assumes that normal bronze burning can give you at least a general sense of where Pulses are coming from (which is a given in the books, but I don't think is expressly stated in the rules). With Bronze-dar, like Ironsight, you refine this sense to the point where it is as accurate as sight, without worrying about walls and things. So, for example, a Bronze sharpshooter with his metal burning could walk down the street, suddenly feel a sniper burning tin on a nearby roof, and if he so chose draw his gun and fire with reasonable accuracy, even if he wasn't looking, or if the sniper were behind something.
mynameistopher
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »

Another one might be to add in some explicit "Spider-Man" traversal stunt for Iron. "With the new tall steel buildings of the Alloy of Law Era, Lurchers have become expert at precisely Pulling themselves in several directions both at once and sequentially so as to 'swing' through the streets of Elendel on lines of Allomantic power" or the like.

The idea is that Lurchers essentially treat their metal-lines as ropes to yank themselves around in a Tarzan/Spider-Man fashion. One (rather large) problem, though, is how to differentiate this from Ironslide without making it simply objectively better or otherwise overpowered.

I like this idea.
Kadrok
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 06:35:36 PM »

Not sure if this would work, but are there rules or at least guidelines for a Connecter tapping huge amounts of connection from a Duraluminmind and having someone else Soothe away the Connecter's love for the people around them (so they can cruely exploit the love the people have for the Connecter without the ordinary two-edged sword qualities of Duralumin Feruchemy?)

Also, Copper seems to be about mental defences... any chance it provides a resistance to Duralumin tapping?
Herowannabe
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »

To Alex and the other Crafty-guys:

It may be too late (I don't know how far you are in your writing/editing process for the Alloy of Law Supplement) but I just stumbled across this:

CHAOS (15 OCTOBER 2008)
Do all three Metallic Arts still exist after the events of the book? Are Allomancy and Hemalurgy slightly degenerated now that Ruin and Preservation are dead, or does Allomancy still draw upon Preservation's power (just held with Sazed now)?
BRANDON SANDERSON (15 OCTOBER 2008)
Allomancy, Feruchemy, and Hemalurgy all work as they once did. However, now they are more directly affected by the presence or absence of the mists, which will slowly return to the world but not be of the extent they once were. (The mists are now an extent of Sazed's power, and where they roam, he is better able to influence things. There will also be two kinds of mists.) Note that in the future, Feruchemy powers will start to fracture and split, creating Feruchemical "Mistings."
(emphasis added. Original quote can be found here, see #8.

Is any of that stuff about the mists being included in this supplement? I hope so. Smiley

Also, item #2: I thought of another allomancy stunt that I don't think has been mentioned yet. Maybe it has, and it's probably too late, but I'll toss it out there anyway.
In HoA Spook burns Tin during a fight, and says that it's like having Atium- being able to perceive where people are and where their swords are going to swing because of disruptions in the air and etc etc etc. Now, personally, I don't think that even Savanthood-level Tin can compare with Atium, but a stunt along those line would be cool. Perhaps one that lets you add +1D to all actions, or that lets you add (half of) your Tin rating to your defense dice, or one that- once you've reached savanthood- will let you use your Tin-Savant-nudges in combat. Something along those lines anyway would be really cool.

cometaryorbit
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 12:47:00 AM »

Is any of that stuff about the mists being included in this supplement? I hope so. Smiley

That would be very cool.

Also, item #2: I thought of another allomancy stunt that I don't think has been mentioned yet. Maybe it has, and it's probably too late, but I'll toss it out there anyway.
In HoA Spook burns Tin during a fight, and says that it's like having Atium- being able to perceive where people are and where their swords are going to swing because of disruptions in the air and etc etc etc. Now, personally, I don't think that even Savanthood-level Tin can compare with Atium, but a stunt along those line would be cool. Perhaps one that lets you add +1D to all actions, or that lets you add (half of) your Tin rating to your defense dice, or one that- once you've reached savanthood- will let you use your Tin-Savant-nudges in combat. Something along those lines anyway would be really cool.

I agree, there should be some way to do Spook's trick in the game. And yeah, there's no way it's literally Atium level, since Atium gives you literal future sight.

It seems to me from the rules that Tin Savanthood is a lot less extreme -- both in benefits and detriments -- than what we see from Spook. Spook is practically sense-less without Tin, but his senses with it are way stronger than what we see from normal Allomantic Tin (Tineyes don't need cloths over their eyes).

I know Savanthood with some of the other metals (like bronze IIRC) is pretty subtle, but tin seems crazy.
Herowannabe
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2014, 03:23:18 PM »

It seems to me from the rules that Tin Savanthood is a lot less extreme -- both in benefits and detriments -- than what we see from Spook. Spook is practically sense-less without Tin, but his senses with it are way stronger than what we see from normal Allomantic Tin (Tineyes don't need cloths over their eyes).

When I first saw the Savanthood benefits- not just for Tin, but for all the metals- I wasn't super impressed either. But now that I've played the game for a while let me tell you, 2 free nudges to ALL related actions is an INCREDIBLE benefit. Add that to the 7+ dice for your metal rating, and that's some serious power. Spook, for example, according to his Hero of Ages stats, has 8 Tin, savanthood, and 5 Wits, as well as several stunts. That means that every Spook makes a Tin-related roll he is rolling 10 dice, with 2 free nudges- or more if he's in a Contest situation where extra dice above 10D are converted into free nudges. In Combat? He just has to declare a sensory-type action, and with 10D and 2 free nudges he's all but guaranteed to be able to catch a beat, using all those extra dice for his second action.

Kadrok
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2014, 11:51:14 PM »

When I first saw the Savanthood benefits- not just for Tin, but for all the metals- I wasn't super impressed either. But now that I've played the game for a while let me tell you, 2 free nudges to ALL related actions is an INCREDIBLE benefit. Add that to the 7+ dice for your metal rating, and that's some serious power. Spook, for example, according to his Hero of Ages stats, has 8 Tin, savanthood, and 5 Wits, as well as several stunts. That means that every Spook makes a Tin-related roll he is rolling 10 dice, with 2 free nudges- or more if he's in a Contest situation where extra dice above 10D are converted into free nudges. In Combat? He just has to declare a sensory-type action, and with 10D and 2 free nudges he's all but guaranteed to be able to catch a beat, using all those extra dice for his second action.
Imagine a Pewter-Savant. 8 Rating, 6 Physique, 14 dice. Rolls 8 to down one foe, leaves 6 for defence against the other. Gets a nudge. Catches a beat and uses the other 6 dice to kill the guy he was going to defend against.
When the Pewterarm also has Denser Tissues 2, it becomes ridiculously awesome, because defence becomes less of an issue. And Extreme Speed takes away the range issues.

Iron Savant automatically has the two nudges needed to catch a redirected object with Iron Redirection (Reaction). Which is Epic-Stylish. Iron is actually one of my favourite Savant options for this reason.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 11:55:28 PM by Kadrok » Logged
Gargoyle
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 11:12:08 PM »

One quick one: It's prolly very underpowered but it's the simplest one I've got. I call it Bronze-dar. Basically, it assumes that normal bronze burning can give you at least a general sense of where Pulses are coming from (which is a given in the books, but I don't think is expressly stated in the rules). With Bronze-dar, like Ironsight, you refine this sense to the point where it is as accurate as sight, without worrying about walls and things. So, for example, a Bronze sharpshooter with his metal burning could walk down the street, suddenly feel a sniper burning tin on a nearby roof, and if he so chose draw his gun and fire with reasonable accuracy, even if he wasn't looking, or if the sniper were behind something.
I like it. Has definite uses if sniping a misting. Seems fairly obvious, so where the stunt would come in would be in reaction speed (cool) and being comfortable enough with your body and powers to take an accurate blindshot (Super cool)
I would want that.
Kadrok
Agent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2014, 05:01:41 PM »

I thought that was already part of Bronze... so the stunt makes it better?
Gargoyle
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2014, 04:25:41 PM »

Comfort level and reaction speed. I think it's a mental thing more than a sheer power thing, but it's closer to powers than traits. Also, it has a lot to do with visualizing the person as a person rather than just a power emitting point, and having the accuracy to know exactly where the person is rather than just "somewhere over there" and having to look at them to see exactly where they are.
It's a precision thing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:32:28 PM by Gargoyle » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: