Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2014, 08:50:51 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Spycraft 2.0
| | |-+  Help with Chase Dramatic Action
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with Chase Dramatic Action  (Read 531 times)
thespis43
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2012, 11:23:46 AM »

Hi there.  I'm pretty new to running games and I'm a little confused about the chase dramatic action.  I understand basically how the mechanics work for something simple, like one car chasing another.  What I don't understand is how you would run it for multiple people.  The scenario I'm thinking of has 2 agents, each on snow mobiles, chasing 3 enemy snow mobiles.  How would you structure this?
Bill Whitmore
Mastermind
Control

Woot, I got a new hat! :P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »

Generally, each side in a Dramatic Conflict picks one strategy and each side rolls for the effects using the Cooperative Skill Check rules on page 91.
What I don't understand is how you would run it for multiple people.  The scenario I'm thinking of has 2 agents, each on snow mobiles, chasing 3 enemy snow mobiles.  How would you structure this?
So in this case, the 2 agents form the Predator group and the 3 enemies are the Prey group.  The Predator and Prey groups each select a single strategy for the group.  When the check is made, one character from each group becomes the leader and makes the skill check with each of the others in the group modifying the result per the rules on Cooperative Skill Checks on page 91.

For chases, if the predator wins, the leaders from both sides start the resulting encounter adjacent with all others beginning at a range from them based on table 5.1 on page 323.  For arctic terrain this range is 4d6 x 10ft.

Alternative, if the prey wants to split up it could be run as 3 different chases with each predator picking which opponent they are chasing.  In this case, one of the prey would get away as there aren't enough agents to chase them.  Usually, I'd only do this if the Prey consists of special characters.

If renowned criminal masterminds, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, were being chased, they may split up and try to throw off their pursuers and plan to rendezvous somewhere later.  Minion squad 17 would just stick together.

Don't follow your passion.  Take it with you.

ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!   Ramen.
thespis43
Crafty n00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »

Thanks for the helps.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: