Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 11:30:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  From the Ashes (OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From the Ashes (OOC)  (Read 5622 times)
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:00 AM »

OK, my character's all set. I have one more interest to blow, so if there is an appropriate language or local study, let me know.

The corrupting magic still makes me want to play a summoner, but this guy will work for now.

Well, several people have taken Catela (the closest thing to Common for this setting) as a language and several have taken either Riverton or Ruin Delving as interests.

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 01:28:26 AM »

OK, so it looks like we have four people for this game:

MikeS - Bronn - Orc Warden - Scout 1 / Soldier 2

Catodon - Brindlglib - Gnome (Pech) Artisan - Keeper 3

theManUnknown - Baxton Tinfoot - Pech Criminal - Burglar 3

spinningdice - ?; last proposed was "Sidari - Savvy Merchant - Sage 3"

Go ahead and post up any last minute adjustments to the character sheets and I'll get an IC thread and post up soon.

MikeS
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 09:09:26 AM »

Well, several people have taken Catela (the closest thing to Common for this setting) as a language and several have taken either Riverton or Ruin Delving as interests.

Yep, I'm one of them. Anything else that comes to mind?
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »

Perhaps the various noble houses or merchant companies in Riverton?
Laws?
Gangs?
Guilds?
Really good bars?

spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »

Sidari, amateur generalist, background's a bit of a stream of consciousness and the character's not quite finished, but I've got it up now.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Also happy to change names etc, it's hard to write them without a cultural context!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:42:59 AM by spinningdice » Logged
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »

Excellent!  All characters are accounted for.  Dinner is done and the kids are taking baths and/or showers at the moment.  I'll be working on the IC post shortly.  I'll leave it to you as players to decide how or if your characters know each other.

-----

Piggy backing off Sidari's background for a moment, the inn keeper - Earl Barnabas - has an arrangement with an orc brewmaster named Magdar to provide stronger spirits than the house ale.  He uses the silhouette of a scimitar as his symbol.  Sidari would know that he was an adventurer before taking up brewing.

MikeS
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »

I just added "ruin delver and delving patrons hangouts" to my list of studies. If Barnabas' inn is a delver spot, then Bronn probably knows Sidari.
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 06:11:50 AM »

Hi,
Brindlglib still needs a bit of resetting (mostly equipment) but on my second 12 hour work day in a row. My posting might be a bit sparce until mid next week.
With apologies.
K

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 06:45:57 AM »

I just added "ruin delver and delving patrons hangouts" to my list of studies. If Barnabas' inn is a delver spot, then Bronn probably knows Sidari.

Sounds reasonable, though probably through no intention of the owner, who'd usually prefer a quieter life, still delver's do bring a lot of coin...
Doublebond
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:44 AM »

What would Baxton's home culture be, necessarily? I've tentatively listed "the plains" in the meanwhile.
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »

Sounds reasonable, though probably through no intention of the owner, who'd usually prefer a quieter life, still delver's do bring a lot of coin...

SD,

Would Earl see them as walking money pouches or a danger to his livelihood since ... you know, fights and what not?
Do you have a personality in mind for Earl or would you like me to create one within your guidelines?

spinningdice
Control

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »

I imagine him as being grounded, he wants a quiet life for himself and his daughter, conversely he's practical enough to realise that delvers/adventurers bring in more money than locals and that they are to an extent "self-regulating" i.e. if someone starts smashing stuff up, someone will be likely step in and help out (to save their favourite drinking hole if for nothing more altruistic).

Plus, asking a load of trained and armed adventurer's to leave your Inn isn't the sort of thing he can see ending well anyway.

Though it is your game...
MikeS
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »

So, there are two classic ways in which Sidari's "test delve" turns into a real adventure:

1) Something bad happens during the delve, and the delve cannot be aborted but the party has to venture deeper into the ruins instead.

2) Bronn tells Sidari he will take her along, but then decides that the next delve coming up will be too dangerous. Sidari sneaks along anyway, and is only discovered when it is too late to send her back.
Doublebond
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 10:38:11 PM »

All Baxton needs to get involved is for his past to start catching up to him—simple restlessness needn't be the only thing driving him to leave the city promptly.
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »

@ tMU

What was the last thing of consequence that Baxton stole?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: