Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 07:11:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Community
| |-+  Play-by-Post
| | |-+  From the Ashes (OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From the Ashes (OOC)  (Read 5827 times)
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »

This is the OOC thread for the From the Ashes game.  It has three players, though more might be added IF the game progresses well.
Link to recruiting thread which contains some setting information.

(click to show/hide)

Question for the players: Do you want to roll for loot, etc?

spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 04:15:57 AM »

Unless anyone has anything that affects it, I imagine it will just slow down a pbp game.
MikeS
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:01:37 AM »

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean rolling for loot before the game starts (kind of to determine what we start out with), have random loot during the game rather than pieces that you select, or have us do the actual rolling when we get to an encounter with loot?

If the last one, the answer is a definite no. As spinningdice already said, that takes way too much time and I don't see the benefit.
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 10:06:34 AM »

Understood.  I'll either predetermine what there's or roll for anything out of the ordinary.

MikeS
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 02:30:51 PM »

Working on my character, and I have a few questions:

1) Can the Gore I attack be used with Pummel? I assume no, since pummel says the damage can only be subdual.

2) If my Int increases to an even number, do I retroactively get the associated bonus skill points?

3) What kind of reputation is most appropriate for a ruin delver? I would assume Adventurer, but I can see Military as well, depending on the delving.

4) What kind of alignments are available? How common is religion?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:36:19 PM by MikeS » Logged
MikeS
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

Bronn

"Bronn? Yeah, I know him. He's the guy wrapped in the travel cloak back in the corner over there. No, he never takes it off, and he always pulls the hood in his face, even in here where there is no sun. Yeah, he's an orc, they don't like the sun so much. Wouldn't dare tell him to take it off, either. He's six-and-a-half feet tall, and weighs twice of you. You don't often see that much muscle in one place. Keeps to himself most of the time, but if you start talking about the ruins like you know 'em, he'll edge a bit closer and listen. He's been there quite a few times, and I heard say that he's a great guide. Quiet, but reliable. Hardly takes any other jobs."

BACKGROUND

(click to show/hide)

STATS

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:59:11 PM by MikeS » Logged
Catodon
Control

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 03:48:05 PM »

Mind if I resurect Brindlglib Nibstitch? I'd have to reset him back to how he was a character creation. THe version below has seem some play but I'll do the re-set if I get approval:
(click to show/hide)

"I just do eyes"
Author of Gulliver's Trading Company and the map of the world of Gullivers travels:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/84956575/Gullivers-Trading-Co-Grub
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/art/Gulliver-s-Travels-World-Map-294804331?hf=1
spinningdice
Control

The power of the Dice compels you!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:22 PM »

1) Can the Gore I attack be used with Pummel? I assume no, since pummel says the damage can only be subdual.

2) If my Int increases to an even number, do I retroactively get the associated bonus skill points?

3) What kind of reputation is most appropriate for a ruin delver? I would assume Adventurer, but I can see Military as well, depending on the delving.

Q2 at least has been in the FAQ before and it's been said that all stat changes apply retroactively.
ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 10:29:31 PM »

1) No, as you pointed out.  Now should you wish to make a Gore attack and in the process of pummeling something (that's lower case 'p') then be my guest.

2) spinningdice beat me to this.

3) Based on the back story you presented, I would say Adventurer.

4) Religion exists but there are no miracles.  (It just didn't fit with the world.)  I'll get something posted here in a bit.

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 10:30:33 PM »

Mind if I resurect Brindlglib Nibstitch? I'd have to reset him back to how he was a character creation. THe version below has seem some play but I'll do the re-set if I get approval:

Sure, why not.  He was an interesting character.

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 10:48:33 PM »

Faiths/Alignments and some useful information.
(click to show/hide)

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »

A quick reference for setting notes should it come up again:

Setting Thumbnail

Useful Species Background Information

Languages

Riverton

ludomastro
Control

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »

Standard adventuring gear
Whether your patron provided it or your put it together yourself, everyone gets (for free):
  • a backpack
  • a lantern with 2 units of oil
  • a traveling cloak
  • a blanket
  • 50' of rough hemp rope
  • one unit of rations

Also, don't forget to make sure your character is adjusted for the Campaign Qualities:
  • Complex Heroes
  • Deadly Combat
  • Fast Interests
  • Greater Magic Items
  • Rare Magic Items
  • Savage Wilds
  • Sorcery (Corrupting Magic)

Doublebond
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »

Here's an initial draft of my character, Baxton Tinfoot. Still working on his fluff, and I'm uncertain with my selection of Ghost Basics over some other covert feat. This look all right so far?

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:04:00 PM by theManUnknown » Logged
MikeS
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 11:19:26 PM »

OK, my character's all set. I have one more interest to blow, so if there is an appropriate language or local study, let me know.

The corrupting magic still makes me want to play a summoner, but this guy will work for now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: