Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 10:52:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  GenCon Game Fun!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GenCon Game Fun!  (Read 673 times)
Gunbunny
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:21:37 PM »

I've GM'd Fantasy Craft about a half a dozen times, running through one of the adventures in Time of High Adventure, and then starting off a Iron Kingdoms/FC game that ran until I wanted to "step back" and get my ideas and such down on paper, as well as wait until Spellbound came out to flesh out the magic portion of it.

I had the first opportunity to actually play the game at GenCon, at the Friday night slot.  I had an excellent time! One other person besides the GM had played in the past, and everyone else present were new to the system.  The GM was awesome, and the story was well written and challenging to boot. 

So, to the folks at Crafty Games, thanks for your hard work and dedication, and I'm looking forward to future gaming with FC!  Now, just to convince one of the players to pick up the reigns and run it so that I can play! Smiley
Psion
Control

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:35:12 AM »

I played Fantasy Craft Thursday morning. The guy who played Git was cracking me up with his prognostications of (as he spoke it) dooooooom!

Also ran some rockin' off-grid Fantasy Craft and Spycraft games. Sadly, the game with Tracker7 & co fell through, and I got sick before I could run the finale of the FC game with Wolverine.

The Secret Volcano Base: my RPG blog currently discussing Fantasy Craft and Freeport!
LordKruelos
Handler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »

Hey Gunbunny -- I was the GM Friday night, I'm really glad you enjoyed it -- good thing I figured out I'd set up in the wrong room quick enough!
Between the comedic Eeyore-like monotone of the Rootwalker, the Elven Mage learning the value of DR (having none of it), and the Orc Captain becoming 'Captain Fang-Face' to the terrified child, I had a blast running the game.
Gunbunny
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:54:19 PM »

LK,

Indeed!  It was a great game.  And I was said "Captain Fang-Face Smiley"

GB
Wolverine
Control

I want to smoke a fairy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 01:48:11 AM »

Also ran some rockin' off-grid Fantasy Craft and Spycraft games. Sadly, the game with Tracker7 & co fell through, and I got sick before I could run the finale of the FC game with Wolverine.

At least the part we did get to play was heaps of fun.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to gracefully jump over this bar counter...

"Dickhead books?"
 -Patrick Kapera wrestling with the New Zealand accent
Crafty_Pat
Crafty Staff
Control

End of the World? Donít believe the hype.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 11:04:22 PM »

Glad you got to play, GB, and that you enjoyed it so much. Hopefully another player steps up soon, so you can get your play on again!

Thanks are entirely due to LordK and the rest of the volunteer team for running such an amazing spread of events this year - though we're more than happy to accept the system kudos.  Grin

Patrick Kapera
Crafty Games
www.crafty-games.com

UPDATES/PRESS INFO
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/14FJIw7
RSS: www.crafty-games.com/needtoknow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftygames
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Crafty_Games
YouTube: www.youtube.com/craftyhomeoffice

In game terms, reality is b
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »