Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 08:56:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Fantasy Craft
| | |-+  Mastercraft this
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mastercraft this  (Read 580 times)
Mister Andersen
Control

I'm leaving for a destination I still don't know

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 08:43:11 AM »

Wireless
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »

Hmm.     Scene one and scene three have the same effect. I would say she has charging basic or more and she is taking a unarmed attack along her path. Since she never ends up with the gun (or keeps it) i would not call this a disarm.  You can add any flavor to the attack as long as she does not end up with the gun.

Now scene two. The guard #1 gives a shove attack.  then she makes a unarmed attack against guard #2 using the ground instead of her punch/kick ( using ground for flavor but end result the same ). Then 5' step the another unarmed attack ( possibly flavored as a kick ).

Side note: all the guards are standards

Side note #2 been up all night so take with grain of salt

Sletchman
Control

Gentleman Scholar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:53:59 AM »

A new Disarm Trick that gives an attack action on success covers 1 and 3 (for 1 it's a regular attack, and 3 she uses a trip attack).

For 2 you could use that existing trick + Cleave Basics - she takes out the first guy and then cleave attacks the second (with a kick attack).  Alternately the same existing trick + Hurricane Kick (Kicking Supremacy), just flavourtext it a little.

EDIT: Realised that 2 isn't a disarm (those GIFS played havoc with my browser before and 2 was really choppy).  It's even easier then - Half Action Trip, Half Action Kick.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:23:32 PM by Sletchman » Logged
Coyote0273
Operative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »

Scene 3 is a move I pulled during one of the Spycraft 3 playtests. *halo*
mach1.9pants
Operative

Supersonic Underwear!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 03:35:42 PM »

Good game that  Cool

Gloria Finis
Krensky
Control

WWTWD?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 05:51:07 PM »

1 is a Charge. Perhaps a charge using Surge of Speed and Strut. Holding the gun like a dead cat before dropping it.

2 could be Cleave, Two Hit Combo, two separate attacks, Hurricane Kick... Smack Down might be involved. I particularly like it as Retribution or Turn the Tables and Hurricane Kick.

3 is just a charge.

We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming. - Werner von Braun
Right now you have no idea how lucky you are that I am not a sociopath. - A sign seen above my desk.
There's no upside in screwing with things you can't explain. - Captain Roy Montgomery
Lucifers Heaven
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 09:31:40 AM »

Hmm.     Scene one and scene three have the same effect. I would say she has charging basic or more and she is taking a unarmed attack along her path. Since she never ends up with the gun (or keeps it) i would not call this a disarm.  You can add any flavor to the attack as long as she does not end up with the gun.

I would do it as a disarm, some sort of disarm attack trick as Sletchman says as she does actually take the gun off him. Both in the animation and in the game. In the animation she then drops it, which is an option in the game. So attack-disarm then free action to drop and flee. Or some sort of posturing as Krensky suggests.
I like some of these suggestions, And thanks for this thread Mister anderson, as most MC unarmed combat is now going to look more awesome in my head now Cheesy

Man, this is really making me want to go play that game again, it was so much fun doing all that stuff Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: