Back to Crafty Games Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 10:39:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the Crafty Games Forums!

Note to New Members: To combat spam, we have instituted new rules: you must post 5 replies to existing threads before you can create new threads.

+  Crafty Games Forum
|-+  Products
| |-+  Mistborn Adventure Game
| | |-+  Feruchemical Zinc and Allomantic Atium
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feruchemical Zinc and Allomantic Atium  (Read 826 times)
Aminar
Agent

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »

So we know that a split second decision change can split an atium shadow. Vin manages to do this once. Now say we have a Zinc Ferring(mental speed) or Feruchemist with tons of Zinc storage. In theory by cycling through decisions at random super fast they could make Atium level Atium Shadows akin to burning Electrum.
I think it might expand past that though. Does Atium compel appropriate action to the currently visible Atium shadow? Because then cycling through ideas at the correct rate could freeze an atium user into a twitchy seizure until they stopped burning atium because they keep getting compelled into half a dozen different reactions a second(likely more).

From there how would this translate into the mistborn RPG? It doesn't mesh well with rules as written.
tecslicer
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 02:13:30 AM »

I just finished reading the first two books for the third time so I'll point out that Vin changed because she saw the reaction of Zane. Without that reaction I don't think the shadow would have split. It would have been the action that she ultimately would have chosen that would have been shadowed.
Atium does not let you read minds, or see what others are thinking about doing, only what they will do. The weakness of Atium is that it lets you BOTH see AND react to that future.
tecslicer
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »

Though, as it applies to the RPG, I think it would allow you to affect some of the features of Atium. You should be able to tap enough to negate the third effect of Atium, and maybe enough to gain extra defense dice against them after you negate their extra action dice against you.
Leviathan
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:32:17 AM »

I could certainly see that being appropriate grounds for the "Rule of Cool"

Player: "Ok, I think he's burning Atium, I'm going to draw on a crapload of Mental Speed and cycle through a few thousand possibilities in a secone, hopefully generating a massive swarm of Atium shadows so dense he can't even see me, let alone tell what I'm going to do"
GM: "You know, that sounds pretty damned awesome, give me a roll to see how much of an effect that has"
ReaderAt2046
Jr. Agent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 06:10:45 PM »

Also, what Zinc could let you do is see and guess from the tiniest alterations in your opponent's movements what he sees you doing. This would allow you to splinter your shadow multiple times, almost as if burning Electrum.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: